Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 121  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:11 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

ToyGuru!

I just wanna say that even though there is really only one new JLU figure shown at SDCC thus far(Red Hood...awesome, thinking-outside-of-the-box choice, by the way) I'm not as disappointed as some.

Way I see it, I can finally breathe a sigh of relief that JLU will definitely continue. Most of all, Hal Jordan Green Lantern is apparently no longer out of the question...YES! :D That's what I'm talkin' about! Hell, I don't care if I didn't see any new JLU figures besides Red Hood now. In fact, I guess the Figures Formerly Known as the Embargoed Unmakeables can no longer be considered as such. They are now Possible Makeables, for lack of a better description. Hal Jordan, Captains Atom and Marvel, the Question... :D :shock: :D

Mattel IS listening to the fans, guys. I don't see them flashing a slide of yet-to-be-made JLU characters just for the fun of it. Give them a break fer cryin' out loud. Good things come to those who wait...you'll see!

Awesome, ToyGuru...awesome! Just don't make us all wait too much longer :wink:

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:42 am 
MINT!

Mattel, congrats on the DCU license and with the showing of the DC Universe Classic (DCUC) line at SDCC, simply awesome :D Great first choice of Metamorpho as a BAF by the way :D That took guts and was very well thought out :wink:

My two questions are for the DCUC line;

1) with BAFs, is it possible to go back and include bigger, more comic accurate versions of Doomsday, Mongul and Darkseid :?:

2) with the variants, will you continue to include a different modern version and or classic version of one of the five figures scheduled in the wave or will the variant sometimes be the 4 Horseman's take on the figure :?: I hope it's the first part of my question of #2 :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:27 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Toy Guru, I'm over the moon that the new license deal with DC means we will be able to get a greater variety of characters in the JLU line. But I do have a couple of questions regarding the new situation:

1. Does the new deal mean a bit more money will go into the JLU line? I mean will there be more cash for more new sculpts? I know it was looked on as a bugget line, and that it worked through the re-use of the same body parts for most characters. But can you start making the figures a bit more accurate, like sculpting a set of legs for the female charcters that dont wear heels, and if and when we do get a Cheetah figure, please make her an ENTIRELY NEW sculpt!!

2. If JLU will be co-exsiting along new DCAU figures from previous shows, can you please keep the new stuff in scale with JLU. This also aplies to the above bit about new sculpts, so say you make a TNBA Poison Ivy or HarleyQuinn, please dont use the high heeled feet from the basic JLU female figure. Just sculpt some new legs, they will be used if your covering the rest of the DCAU!! Ice is a great figure, but could have used the non heeled feet (to be more show accurate) if you had made them.

3. No one minds a character being reissued IF ITS AN IMPROVEMENT ON THE ORIGINAL!!! So people wouldnt mind Booster Gold put back into assortments if he was done in his correct BLUE and YELLOW colours. Same applies to Luthor,( business suit, armour or olive green suit).

4. If your going to be making figures of the legion of superheros, can you base the designs on how they were shown in their episode of JLU? This would mean you could make two new older teen sized bodies for both the male legionaires and the female ones. The female one could also be used for Supergirl in her blue outfit. And the male one for a new Nightwing and Batman Beyond as part of the DCAU.

5. Will the suggested DCAU figures be released as a mixture of characters from different shows in each wave, or will you address one show at a time? So for example, would you do a wave of Batman Beyond figs, a wave of TNBA figs, a wave of Teen Titans or would you have a few figs from each in a wave?

Ok well thats all I can think of for now, but I hope you can ansewr these questions for me.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:34 am 
Prototype

Toy Guru,

First of all the new DCSH stuff looks absolutely amazing! So does Red Hood.

1. Can you at least tell us how many new JLU figures have been sculpted thus far and give us a few hints as to who they are?

2. Have any more Superfriends figures been sculpted besides Hawkman and Cyborg. BTW, they look awesome.

3. Will Black Mask and Harley be made for The Batman line?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:04 am 
Loose, Missing Package

TG, I know this is a long-shot, but the name "DC Universe Classics" does NOT flow from the tongue. I'm sure the word "Classics" in the title is intended to invoke the feeling of the words "Legends" and "Classics" in the Hasbro Marvel line or like "Legendary" is intended to for Marvel Toys. I (and I'm sure many others feel the same way from the comments I've seen) implore you to drop "Classics" and just let the line be called "DC Universe". Any chance?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:17 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Mattel -

Challenge of the SuperFriends!

DC Direct has all but abandoned this line well before it was anywhere near completed.

I believe it is a line worth doing. For most of us who grew up with this show, we (okay, just me that I know of) would kill (well, not that extreme) for a complete line of the 24 main characters.

After that, the sky's the limit!

Hall of Justice and Legion of Doom playsets!
Wonder Twins & Gleak
Wendy, Marvin & Wonder Dog
Green Arrow & Plastic Man (from Wendy / Marvin era)
Hawkgirl, El Dorado, Atom
Darkseid, Firestorm, Cyborg, DeSaad

Food for thought. I can't believe in all these years of action figures, no one has done the complete 24 hero/villian set yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:57 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Couple of questions after seeing the DCUC figures on display... Orion looks like he *may* have a removable helmet, does he? Also, is Penguin's top hat removable?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:49 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Hey TG,
I have no problem with the JLU lack of info, I think all these guys are just greedy. They've already got a HUGE assortment of figures of almost all the characters in the DCU and they still want more. Ever thought about nixing the line and changing over to a 3.75" scale line with the same artic and styling as DCUC and doing playsets and such with it? It would be really cool to have so much that it would fit with.

(okay... let's see who puts a bounty on my head first :twisted: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:47 am 
MINT!

Mattel since it was announced that the DCUC BAFs will only be 25% larger than the normal size DCUC figures can you ultilize the DCUC 12" figures to give us a bigger Atom Smasher, Spectre, Chemo and maybe use ToyFare again to get exclusives into the hands of hardcore collectors say a 30" Starro or even bigger Spectre?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:22 am 
Dog Squeezer

ToyGuru wrote:
Yeah, we hear you. I know their has been some disapointment that we couldn’t show more JLU figures at the Convention this year. As we explained in the panel, the new master license deal has lead to a re-evaluation of the line and what we now can do.

Is there anyway we could get a list of who was originally planned to be at SDCC before the master license was acquired?

Also a suggestion. At the SDCC 2004, the Red Tornado figure wasn't available for preview for some reason. So in it's place they placed an in scale cardboard cutout of the figure to let people know he will be in the line. If new figures aren't available for WWC, why don't you place cutouts of who we will be getting so that Mattel will be able to give us some kind of info for this line.

Great work on the DCSH line and thanks for not being a stranger in some rough times around here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:44 pm 
Hat Pooper

Will we ever see a yellow and blue 'variant' of Booster Gold, with a yellow Skeets?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:13 am 
Dog Squeezer

cajunpirate wrote:
Mattel -

DC Direct has all but abandoned this line well before it was anywhere near completed.

I believe it is a line worth doing. For most of us who grew up with this show, we (okay, just me that I know of) would kill (well, not that extreme) for a complete line of the 24 main characters.

Wonder Twins & Gleak

Food for thought. I can't believe in all these years of action figures, no one has done the complete 24 hero/villian set yet.

I couldn't agree more! I love to see a series of actioin figures based on the real Super Friends. Maybe follow the two-pack idea with:

Superman/Luthor
Batman/Scarecrow
Robin/Riddler
Wonder Woman/Cheetah
Aquaman/Black Manta
Green Lantern/Sinestro
Flash/Captain Cold
Hawkman/Toyman
Apache Chief/Giganta
Black Vulcan/Bizarro
Samurai/Mirror Master
Atom/Solomon Grundy
Rima/Grodd
Hawkgirl/The Ghost of Gentleman Jim
El Dorado/Darkseid
Firestorm/Felix Faust
Cyborg/Brainiac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:14 am 
Dog Squeezer

cajunpirate wrote:
Mattel -

Wonder Twins & Gleak

Oops! Double post!

Last edited by Power Guy on Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:15 am 
Dog Squeezer

Power Guy wrote:
cajunpirate wrote:
Mattel -

Wonder Twins & Gleak

Oops! Triple post! Sorry!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:29 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Hey Mattel, on one site I saw someone posting about both a 4H Robin and Nightwing being announced coming out next year. I know that its been confirmed that there is going to be a new Robin, but I haven't heard any thing about Nightwing anywhere other the repaint. The person posting probably got mixed up with the repaint, but I just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss a new Nightwing anywhere, and I was also wondering what Robin are the 4H sculpting? I really hope its the current red and black Tim Drake outfit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 121  Next