Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:30 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

man-bat why don't you PM me what you don't have and I'll see what I can find around me. Would this help you calm down a bit?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:53 pm 
shirtless hugger

Ham Salad wrote:
Any west coast sightings? Preferably Oregon?

Never mind. My Big Lots had two cases of DCSH and JLU. Got both Cyborgs; one for me and one for a friend (if he wants it; if not, I'll offer it here).

The Hawkman and Canaries were the first versions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:57 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

If anyone can get me a Cyborg Supes I will pay cost+extra+shipping .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:12 pm 
MINT!

I checked two Big Lots in the Mesa Arizona area and saw nothing but Mission vision stuff. I'll check again next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:32 pm 
Mint on Card

Checked the Big Lots in Fairfield, CA.

They had an aisle full of those older deluxe Mattel Batman Figures as well as the two pack with Batman and Joker.

They had some JLU packs. 1-Trinity pack, 1-Hawkman 3-pack, 1-Joker 3-pack and 1-Super Family 3-pack.

They had some DCSH figures. 1-Parasite, 2-Steel, 1-Black Suit Superman, 2-Monguls. BUT NO CYBORG Supes..but i have faith that they had it..

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:25 pm 
Damage Control

Nitewing73 wrote:
Checked the Big Lots in Fairfield, CA.

They had an aisle full of those older deluxe Mattel Batman Figures as well as the two pack with Batman and Joker.

They had some JLU packs. 1-Trinity pack, 1-Hawkman 3-pack, 1-Joker 3-pack and 1-Super Family 3-pack.

They had some DCSH figures. 1-Parasite, 2-Steel, 1-Black Suit Superman, 2-Monguls. BUT NO CYBORG Supes..but i have faith that they had it..

Cherry picked. Finding new stuff in CA is almost impossible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:14 am 
Knows his stuff

Nothing at my local Big Lots but the same old Mission Vision stuff they've had for 2 years...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:33 am 
Knows his stuff

I walked into a BL here in the OC, looking for the holy figs, went to toys, and saw nothing. Then, I noticed they had a pallet setting by the back wall doors; ready to be stocked I assumed? There were Mattel cases setting upon it, and many of them said "DC..." this or that. I quickly scanned the boxes and saw disignations Super Friends, JLU, Batman and Super Heroes adorned the areas just after the precious letters "DC". Another quick scan about the area revealed no BL personal about to help (or distract) in getting the figures I wished to purchase.

So, being the helpful, and practical, individual that I am, I decided to assist the store's stocking team in opening the cases. And wishing to further help the BL chain in making sales for the day, I went ahead and purchased a few of the items from some of opened cases that lay before me.

I only bought the Cyborg Superman, Black Superman and Hawkman 3 pack, however I took notes from what was in each case, and the amount of case packs on the pallet.

This BL had:
- 3 cases of DC Comic style Batman Figures
- 3 cases of JLU 3 packs
- 2 cases of DC Super Friends
- 1 case of JLU motorcycles
- 1 case of DC Super Heroes
- And probably a few more here and there like the DC Comic 2-packs

Here's what's in the cases I opened:
-DC Comic Batman figs:
Old various paint scheme batmans (yellow, green, etc. not too exciting)

-JLU 3 packs (same for all cases):
1 hawkman 3 pack
2 joker/canary 3 packs
3 trinity 3 packs

-DC Super Heroes:
1 Cyborg fig
1 Black Superman fig
1 Mongul
1 Steel
1 Superman
1 Parasite

-DC Super Friends
Blue/Grey Batman
Superman
FLASH

The other cases I didn't bother to open, as they didn't interest me, and I wasn't getting paid for my assistance, so I ponied up my $30, and bid BL a fond adios.

Of course, your milage may vary.

geoffdude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:00 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I was at a BL yesterday and zilch so today I stopped by another...

They had just unpacked ALL the cases, there were Superfriends, JLU, DCSH, Batman (Old line) and everything! :shock:

A gazillion of those Joker 2-packs (The 6" inch ones) but I didn't see the Nightwing set.

I picked up Steel and Cyborg Superman, but no blue Supergirl... they had Joker and Hawkman but I passed.

Is Boy Wonder/Mattel responsible for this? :?: :P We've been saying how hard it is to get these, and suddenly they show up at Big Lots of all places and they ALWAYS get more than enough. Like the Mission Vision Darkseid's... :wink:

Btw, if anyone wants these I'm lookin' to trade for ML. Just shoot me a PM. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:38 am 
Tis' but a pup

There are 2 Big Lots in my area, so I stopped by both of them this afternoon and didn't see any new JLU or DCSH. Oddly, the second one I went to had 3 pegs of "Mission Vision" Justice League figures -- lots and lots of Darkseids. I remember back when this wave was out and I had a fair amount of trouble laying my hands on a Darkseid. Strange to see so many.

I still haven't given up hope for my JLU collection. I still need:

Huntress (the single-pack version)
Vigilante (any version!)
Stargirl/Aquaman/Parasite 3-pack
Nemesis/Lightray/Amazo 3-pack
Volcana/Green Arrow/Hawk 3-pack
Joker/Black Canary/Batman 3-pack
Plus everything from Blue Devil forward.

I'm still thinking of giving up collecting this line, just because figures seem to be so hard to come by in my area (Pennsylvania). It's hard to let go, though, because I love it so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:46 am 
Resin

I also hit a Big Lots in Kennet Square and found many Mission Masters Supes and Darkseid...

As a Pennsylvania resident also, I feel your pain. I get most of my JLU collection from a friend who has more luck finding them than I do. Even my wife finds more of the 3 packs than I have... I'm currently waiting on a pre-order from BBTS

Good luck hunting,
Derb-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:10 am 
Damage Control

Damn, I can't find anything. My Big Lots is still stuck on carrying bootleg toys. They don't even know what Mattel is, let along a Cyborg Superman.

I hate you all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:09 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

My big lots store is hopeless i feel, nothing but old junk. However tru had cyborg and black supes waiting for me as i arrived today, so heads up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:18 pm 
Wonderdog

Derby wrote:
I also hit a Big Lots in Kennet Square and found many Mission Masters Supes and Darkseid...

As a Pennsylvania resident also, I feel your pain. I get most of my JLU collection from a friend who has more luck finding them than I do. Even my wife finds more of the 3 packs than I have... I'm currently waiting on a pre-order from BBTS

Good luck hunting,
Derb-

i will let you know when i find stuff and will tell you where to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:05 pm 
active in the community

jimm wrote:
My big lots store is hopeless i feel, nothing but old junk. However tru had cyborg and black supes waiting for me as i arrived today, so heads up!

What part of northern California are you from, jimm?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next