Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:55 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

stonehd wrote:

If they do Alan Scott, though, then they've opened the whole JSA can o' worms.

Davy

The only fanboys crazier than the Green Lantern ones are the JSA ones.

It might come down to a death match as to who will get the figure first, Alan or Hal.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:51 pm 
5" Scale

marillion wrote:
A thought just popped into my head.

What if they released Hal Jordan...and he was translucent green?

I'd be ROTFLing all over the place. ;)

Peace,

Chip

Well, you ROTFL all you want, I would definitely buy it, cover it with primer and then paint it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:49 am 
Brand Manager

texgnome1 wrote:
Azrael24 wrote:
I'd rather get Jade instead of arisia

So would I, but we don't know how far Mattel wants to stray into the DCU. Personally, I genuinely think there are enough for 2-3 more GL three packs. I just think they'll be a bit shy about doing them since the last two tend to be pegwarmers. But they could easily do three packs similar to this:

Hal Jordan
Guardian
Abin Sur

Guy Gardner
Salaak
Arisia

Alan Scott
Jade
Cyborg Superman (I can hope right?)

Most of these figures could easily be made either from existing molds or kit-bashing existing figures. Only ones that would need completely new sculpts are Salaak and the Guardian.

I would buy all of them in a heartbeat! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:57 am 
Brand Manager

Asiatic Prince wrote:
KAI RO
KAI RO
KAI RO !!!!!!!

I would buy Kai-ro even if Mattel release it in a 3-pack with 2 bizarro repainted Kilowogs :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:00 am 
Knows his stuff

marillion wrote:
A thought just popped into my head.

What if they released Hal Jordan...and he was translucent green?

I'd be ROTFLing all over the place. ;)

Peace,

Chip

Thanks for the support, you know people want it and the more we ask who knows. If you don't care, fine you said your part no need to keep asking for people not to like what you say. Unless you know for sure 100% he will not be made for us then what more do you have to add to this thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:43 am 
The Last Word

Cookie_TXPSY wrote:
Besides I'd rather see other characters that were relevant to the show made before a character that appeared in the series for 1 min and 2 sec!

I couldn't agree with that more. Also, considering the way some people act over the whole thing, it kinda makes me hope they never have the opportunity to get one. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:07 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Thanks for the comments on Alan Scott.

Caped Crusader wrote:
...Also, considering the way some people act over the whole thing, it kinda makes me hope they never have the opportunity to get one. :twisted:

I hate to admit it, but I'm kinda in the same boat. The more people get their panties in a bunch, the more fun it is to watch. :wink:

But seriously... here are some more of my thoughts (without the snark):
  • I don't consider Hal essential to JLU. He appeared very briefly, but was of less importance than probably hundreds of other characters from that show (characters that likely deserve figures before him if you're basing your choices on importance to the show)
  • Now that they're considering other DCU characters in this scale, Hal makes much more sense to me in a DCU line, and I'd like to have him because of his importance to the comics, not the cartoon, which is why I'd guess most of you also want him, not because of his time on the show (could be wrong, though)
  • If he's made in different packaging than the Billion-Dollar Holiday Hal, those original "signed by Bruce Timm" versions should still be special (besides, they should still be a different sculpt anyway, since they used a cheap mold for that one)
Can't think of much more to say other than to describe why I don't care for Hal in the comics, but no need to open that can o' worms, and I've probably done that before, ad infinitum.

Davy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:11 am 
Prototype

I think most people that want Hal as a JLU figure would want him just as much even if he wasn't on the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:32 am 
Bob Vila

Hal is probably more important to the show than Blue Devil, Sand, Obsidian, Waverider, and any number of other characters, in that he has a speaking part. I think that trumps characters that only appeared in the background, no matter how many times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:04 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Sorry, but I believe Blue Devil had more screen time. So at best it's a tie. ;)

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:49 am 
Brand Manager

Well, I would like to know what other collector think about getting the JLU continuum Hal Jordan. He doesn't appeared as a pilot in the animated universe, but he exists on it, as seen in the Superman anim. episode "In Brightest Day":

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/su ... day/36.jpg

Maybe a episode specifi 3-pack of Kyle first appearance:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/su ... yle/10.jpg

Col. Hal Jordan (hey guys, that's just an idea, don't kill me, please):

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/su ... day/36.jpg

Abin Sur:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/su ... sur/01.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:12 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

A JLU Hal Jordan will be made. Count on it!

"No plans" is a far, far cry from the previous statements on Hal from Mattel. "No plans" simply means that they're not planning to make him right away.

We're getting a Hal in the Battle League line and the The Batman line. DCSH and JLU are bound to follow at some point.

Oh, and I'll vote on any three pack with more new GL's in it, Hal or not!

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:52 pm 
Dog Squeezer

I don't the problem is getting Hal but getting more JLU period.

Seeing that they have a THE Batman Hal planned should put to rest any "issues" with the feasibility of making that specific character.

I read it as "no plans for Hal" because there are "no plans for JLU period."

Not encouraging but I don't see any signs to the contrary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:49 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

>>A JLU Hal Jordan will be made. Count on it!<<

Not anytime soon, I'm afraid. The word we got at SDCC is not to include Hal or Lobo in any polls. They're not part of Mattel's new agreement with DC. There is hope for the other previously "off limits" characters, however. We can petition for Captain Marvel, Captain Atom and the Question.

>>I read it as "no plans for Hal" because there are "no plans for JLU period."

Not encouraging but I don't see any signs to the contrary.<<

Well, except for what was said at Mattel's and DC's SDCC panel (And I believe you were sitting right there when the announcement was made). The JLU line will continue. In fact, because of the new agreement with DC, Mattel can now include characters in the line who never appeared on the show.

So yes, Alan Scott could conceivably appear in the JLU line at some point.

Mike
(I was told that Bruce Timm was doing Turn Around drawings for certain characters that never appeared on the show. This is at the request of Mattel's design team. No, the JLU line is not dead.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:02 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

kastor417 wrote:
Thanks for the support, you know people want it and the more we ask who knows. If you don't care, fine you said your part no need to keep asking for people not to like what you say. Unless you know for sure 100% he will not be made for us then what more do you have to add to this thread?

Dude, dude, DUDE! I was tongue-in-cheeking that whole thing.

Do you honestly think, in all the time I've spent here and with everything I've posted, that I would *not* buy this figure if it was released?

Hell, I spent over $150 on a custom Hal and would still have it sitting in front of me if not for a fried transmission on my Jeep.

Peace,

Chip :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next