Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:07 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

No Cyborg Superman at mine, but they did have a Batman and purple suited Joker two pack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:56 pm 
serves the Otter

Dumb question -- is this the 6" or the 12" Cyborg Superman? I don't even know what I'm looking for anymore!

I was at my Big Lots again this morning, nada.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:17 pm 
An Insider

It's the 6 inch and I just got mine today!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:47 pm 
Santos L. Halper

And although I was thrilled to find my new JLU 3 packs...I have to echo the fact that Big Lots is a DUMP! For the life of me, I cannot figure out why they are such a jumbled, dark, depressing coffin of retail. I undersand that they are a "discount store", but couldnt they put just a little money into sprucing them up? I felt like taking a shower after I left there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:22 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Ghost6 wrote:
And although I was thrilled to find my new JLU 3 packs...I have to echo the fact that Big Lots is a DUMP! For the life of me, I cannot figure out why they are such a jumbled, dark, depressing coffin of retail. I undersand that they are a "discount store", but couldnt they put just a little money into sprucing them up? I felt like taking a shower after I left there...

Around here, at least, the older stores are like that but the newer stores are practically Target with the bright lights and white walls and floors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:19 am 
serves the Otter

Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:
It's the 6 inch and I just got mine today!!!! :D

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:33 am 
PVC

Again..to any of you guys who have found Two-Face and
Batgirl, I have extras of the Cyborg Superman.Plus I hid
two of the Hawkman JLU 3 packs in case anyone needed
those and were willing to trade for the Two-Face,or Batgirl.
I don't want to sell them off hand,I have a HORRIBLE time
finding ANY DCSH stuff right now,plus my money is EXTREMELY
limited due to my being sick.
So,if you have access to a Two-Face or a new Batgirl,but can't
seem to find the Cyborg Supes,then lets hook up a trade!!!!!
the Man-Bat1
{ a little off topic so forgive me;but does anyone else want that
HUGE "My First Batmobile"???? I looked at one this morning.It
was kinda "clunky" looking but it still seems cool to me.And you
can easily put both Batman & Robin in the seats.Course it would
be easier with a cloth cape,but I prefer the molded ones}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:40 am 
5" Scale

Ghost6 wrote:

It sounds like you're describing some of my local Walmarts!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:34 am 
Damage Control

brand42 wrote:
Ghost6 wrote:

It sounds like you're describing some of my local Walmarts!!

Exactly, that's how my Walmarts are like too. Wastelands and very depressing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:53 pm 
Knows his stuff

I went into Big Lots and they had it all. I had been in there before and probably would have never gone back w/out reading this thread. Hawkman, Joker, and every DCSH. It was like Christmas landed on Big Lots. I would have been in heaven had I been collecting DCSH, they had every guy from the latest Superman waves. Also, they had superfriends supes, bats, and flash. Thanks for the info!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:42 am 
Hat Pooper

I called a Big Lots that is 60 miles from my house and the the nice lady in charge of toys said she would hold a Cyborg Superman for me. I 'm going there this Sunday to pick it up. we are goignto visit the mother-in-law after church. She lives at the halfway mark betweenmy house and the Big Lots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:54 am 
serves the Otter

Gah! The closest Big Lots to me has HUNDREDS of sealed boxes sitting in their toy area, just waiting to be opened and stocked...and they've been there since the day after this thread started.

It's driving me crazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:01 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I hit seven Big Lots yesterday (didn't make it to the other four in the Louisville area, ran out of time and had to go to work) but all of them had plenty of the three Superfriends (Supes, Bats, Flash), most had a good supply at least of the Super-family and Trinity packs with some had plenty of Joker packs only a couple had any Hawks left. And every last one of them had tons and tons of those deluxe Batman figures (how many of those are out?... I was overwhelmed by the shear amount of them and never did see how many different ones there were) and the Batman/Joker two-pack (are there others out there or just that one?), I don't know how Big Lots thinks that they will EVER move all of those Batman figures, they should've gone with the basic figures and re-released the overseas stuff and re-released Robin and Nightwing in the two-packs along with Joker (guess that would've put a damper on the TRU sets)... Only one (the fifth one that I hit) had one Cyborg Superman, plenty of regular Supes, Steel (both versions) and Parasite with an occassional Black Suit Supes and Mongul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:53 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Jim_Abell wrote:
I hit seven Big Lots yesterday (didn't make it to the other four in the Louisville area, ran out of time and had to go to work) but all of them had plenty of the three Superfriends (Supes, Bats, Flash), most had a good supply at least of the Super-family and Trinity packs with some had plenty of Joker packs only a couple had any Hawks left. And every last one of them had tons and tons of those deluxe Batman figures (how many of those are out?... I was overwhelmed by the shear amount of them and never did see how many different ones there were) and the Batman/Joker two-pack (are there others out there or just that one?), I don't know how Big Lots thinks that they will EVER move all of those Batman figures, they should've gone with the basic figures and re-released the overseas stuff and re-released Robin and Nightwing in the two-packs along with Joker (guess that would've put a damper on the TRU sets)... Only one (the fifth one that I hit) had one Cyborg Superman, plenty of regular Supes, Steel (both versions) and Parasite with an occassional Black Suit Supes and Mongul.

Pretty similar to the one I checked except no hawkman packs- (or any of the others I was looking for) and no Cyborg Supes-- but you could have drown in the Joker Batman 2 packs and the deluxe Batman figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:26 am 
Bob Vila

So I went out to Big Lots last night... I had also gone there on Saturday, but they hadn't gotten anything in at all, so I figured a second trip was in order. And they had JLU all right...

TRINITY PACKS! MOTHER#@%! TRINITY PACKS! GAHHH!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I hate trinity packs. They are a plague on this line... this hobby... no, THIS VERY SOCIETY... I believe that soon I'm going to start ripping them off the pegs and stomping on them in the aisles.

Memo to 2008 presidential candidates: promise that you'll ban all Trinity Packs and replace them with a set featuring the Question, Jonah Hex, and Roulette, and you've got my vote, no matter what other kind of crazy crap you say or do.

And yeah, Big Lots is a pretty lousy store. Still beats Family Dollar, though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next