Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:53 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Here is the line up of stores in the strip mall I visited.

Big Lots next to a Family Dollar next to a Table Tennis club (meets tues-Frid- 7-10PM)- pretty much just an abandoned store front with a paper sign in the window- next to an unrefurbished Kmart.

I felt like a millionaire just pulling into the parking lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:34 am 
shirtless hugger

hellpop wrote:
So I went out to Big Lots last night... I had also gone there on Saturday, but they hadn't gotten anything in at all, so I figured a second trip was in order. And they had JLU all right...

TRINITY PACKS! MOTHER#@%! TRINITY PACKS! GAHHH!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I hate trinity packs. They are a plague on this line... this hobby... no, THIS VERY SOCIETY... I believe that soon I'm going to start ripping them off the pegs and stomping on them in the aisles.

Memo to 2008 presidential candidates: promise that you'll ban all Trinity Packs and replace them with a set featuring the Question, Jonah Hex, and Roulette, and you've got my vote, no matter what other kind of crazy crap you say or do.

And yeah, Big Lots is a pretty lousy store. Still beats Family Dollar, though.

LOL i agree the trinity packs are a plague. I understand the Batman and Superman sell and thats why they are there but didn't these figs do just fine when Batman and Supes were mixed in with new figures like when it started? If the figures were selling back then, why go ahead and change it, for the worse no less?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:22 am 
Mint on Card

I just came back from lunch w/ my wife and I went to Big Lots in Dublin, CA. It looks like they were upgrading their toy aisles so i check where the action figures were currently at and i saw they had the JLU stuff, and the old Mattel batman figures as well as the newer Superman DCSH figures.

I found 1 Cyborg Superman and I bought it..SWEET !!
Now all i'm missing is a Bizarro figure and i'm current with the Superman villians.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:45 pm 
5" Scale

I stopped by my local Big Lots on the off chance that they might've gotten more stuff in. No, but the DCSH were all gone except for a lone Mongul. All the Superfriends were gone and just a few Trinities, Joker pack and Steel/Supergirl/Supes.

With Target down to just one peg for 3 packs, I'm REALLY hoping that Big Lots will get the Barda/Sand/Obsidian case in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:30 pm 
Resin

Found Steel and the Hawkman packs in Massena, NY and Black Canary pack in Niagara Falls. Great week for a road trip! 2 questions, do Steel's hands turn independantly of his wrist bands and is Black Canary's head/neck supposed to be articulated?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:46 pm 
5" Scale

4-L.O.T.T. wrote:
Found Steel and the Hawkman packs in Massena, NY and Black Canary pack in Niagara Falls. Great week for a road trip! 2 questions, do Steel's hands turn independantly of his wrist bands and is Black Canary's head/neck supposed to be articulated?

There is no wrist articulation on Steel but there is swivel articulation on Black Canary's neck joint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:48 pm 
Resin

Thanks. BTW, are all the Hawkman's legs so...rubbery?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:47 pm 
PVC

Don't give up on Big Lots, keep checking. One of my two Big Lots has only one aisle for toys, but they both put out all the figures. I saw the JLU Hawkman, Joker and trinity packs. Plus, they each had the DCSH of Steel (variant and flat), Mongul, Black costume Superman, Parasite, Superman and Cyborg Supes! They had about 3 of each figure/set, with the exception of only one hawkman per store.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:36 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Over the weekend I was able to find the Hawkman & Joker 3-packs in a Big Lots in the Hudson Valley, NY. I was also able to find a “Mission Vision” Darkseid, who I never had been able to find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:24 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

The Big Lots in my area already have the three packs, but no signs of Cyborg! Only Steell and Mongul are there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:34 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

the Human Head wrote:
Over the weekend I was able to find the Hawkman & Joker 3-packs in a Big Lots in the Hudson Valley, NY. I was also able to find a “Mission Vision” Darkseid, who I never had been able to find.

OMG you joined! Welcome!

Val

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:40 pm 
the Human Head wrote:

Dude, if you bought it, bad idea! I have it and regret getting it, since later this year, Mattel is reissuing it in a 3-pack with Mr. Miracle and Orion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:59 am 
Nitewing73 wrote:
Checked the Big Lots in Fairfield, CA.

They had an aisle full of those older deluxe Mattel Batman Figures as well as the two pack with Batman and Joker.

They had some JLU packs. 1-Trinity pack, 1-Hawkman 3-pack, 1-Joker 3-pack and 1-Super Family 3-pack.

They had some DCSH figures. 1-Parasite, 2-Steel, 1-Black Suit Superman, 2-Monguls. BUT NO CYBORG Supes..but i have faith that they had it..

I went to Big Lots in Fairfield, CA after I saw this post because I live close to there. I scored the Hawkman three pack and the Supes three pack!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:21 am 
Hat Pooper

My Big Lots =

DCSH: Superman, Black Suit Superman, Parasite, Mongul (which i bought)
DC Superfriends: Superman, 2 Batman
JLU: crapload of mission vision figures and none of the newer ones :(

Has anyone seen the parasite or deadshot, vigilante, lightray 3 packs there? I've had no luck finding them anywhere and Ebay is selling them for way to much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:30 am 
Bob Vila

Nitewing73 wrote:
I just came back from lunch w/ my wife and I went to Big Lots in Dublin, CA. It looks like they were upgrading their toy aisles so i check where the action figures were currently at and i saw they had the JLU stuff, and the old Mattel batman figures as well as the newer Superman DCSH figures.

I found 1 Cyborg Superman and I bought it..SWEET !!
Now all i'm missing is a Bizarro figure and i'm current with the Superman villians.

Yeah, why am Bizarro so hard to find? Me am never seeing Bizarro figures on shelves. We need Bizarros! Wake up, Mattel!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next