Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 121  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:10 pm 
Damage Control

How likely is it that we could get a few GLC characters here and there? Basic male and female humanoid bodies could be reused to give us a few right? Not right away I'm sure but maybe later on. My DCD Kilowog and Salaak need some company :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:01 am 
Dog Squeezer

grouch wrote:
How likely is it that we could get a few GLC characters here and there? Basic male and female humanoid bodies could be reused to give us a few right? Not right away I'm sure but maybe later on. My DCD Kilowog and Salaak need some company :D

I'm always up for a KAI-RO green lantern figure... anytime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:02 am 
Dog Squeezer

grouch wrote:

I'm always up for a KAI-RO green lantern figure... anytime..... well the JLU version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:51 pm 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

DC Direct says they do not have the rights to make toys based on "The Spirit", does this mean Mattel does? Or is that another legal issue entirely?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:37 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Masked Avenger wrote:
DC Direct says they do not have the rights to make toys based on "The Spirit", does this mean Mattel does? Or is that another legal issue entirely?

I think Shocker Toys (I know, I know) has the Spirit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:47 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I just want to know how hard it is going to be to find the Classic Firestorm figure. Sorry but I do not like the Modern version, and therefore on't get it. And without the Classic Storm, there will be no Grodd so I might as well pass on the line. And no I will not pay $50+ on Ebay.

I guess my question is if the demand for the Classic characters outweigh the demand for the modern versions will the split be more equitable. Especially when the new version is a different character and not just a costume update?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:53 pm 
An Insider

What's up with the two drastic designs for The Batman 'Superman' figures shown at the cons this season? they obviously each have a different head sculpt and arms/torso/legs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:33 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

While I'm here. Any chance of getting Figures based on the JLA video game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:41 pm 
MINT!

mattel

please make all the variants 50/50
If you want do a focus group with kids to see if they recognize the modern or classic or does it matter to them or the figure just looks cool.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FEMALE IN EACH WAVE HASBLO DOES IT, THEY EVEN MAKE MORE THAN ONE IN A WAVE!

TWO PACKS

HAWK AND DOVE
THUNDER AND LIGHTNING

Deluxe figures
Green lantern with armor
toyman with toy weapon he can fit in.

please leave the "build a" to figures and instead make deluxe or repaints to come with vehicles.

accessories accessories accessories can't say it enough!

Thank you mattel and 4HM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:54 pm 
shirtless hugger

Toy Guru,

1. Any chance the common figures in the new "Classics" line can actually be the classic version with the modern version as the chase? or at least the proposed 50-50 pack out proposed in many of these posts? If these aren't readily accessible, then they really are of no interst to me.

2. Any chance of the capes on figures being made of more flexible plastic or cloth? My DCSH Batman is cool, but the stiffness of the cape limits dynamic poseability.

3. This may have already have been stated, but when does the first wave of "Classics" hit? After January 1, or possibly by Christmas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:46 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Hey Mattel, I was wondering would it be possible to put the black coloring on Classic Batman trunks?
I also was wondering if anyone thought about trying to use some of the animated series popularity for some series. Maybe a series that use the animated Teen Titan main cast, a series with characters that had pivotal roles in the JL cartoon, or a series that used characters from the Legion of Superheroes.
Personally I could go for Teen Titan series with
Modern Tim Robin (classic Tim variant)
Cyborg
Beastboy (Changling Variant)
Raven (with an possessed variant or white raven variant)
Deathstroke (Maskless variant)
BAF Starfire (with flight stand and starbolt attachments)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:24 pm 
MINT!

I totally agree on using the popularity of Titans and LOSH.

With the Titans cartoon still being shown on CN and the DVD's still be released along with the DCD DVD. It is a perfect time to make some titans.

The LOSH while still on tv should also be utlized.

I say make some box sets!
changeling
cyborg
wondergirl
raven
starfire
with a diorama of titans tower in the back.

make robin adult Dick grayson sold on his own.

LOSH box set
lighting lad
brainiac 5
phantom girl
chamelon boy
dawnstar
baf colossal boy

we already have supergirl and sell superboy on his own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:38 am 
An Insider

I am in complete agreement when I say that the classic renditions of these characters should not be some sort of 'chase' variant. at the very least, please make them 50/50.

ps-toy guru: thanks for the great showing of MotU at wwc! I had a great time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:17 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Hi Mattel, I was so glad to hear that the JLU line will be continuing and evolving into a DCAU line, but that news has also made me wonder a few things. So here goes:

1. With the rebranding to make the animated line more collector friendly, will it rise out of the "budget line" bracket and have a bit more cash put into the sculpting and tooling budget? Also, would this mean a return to stronger, better plastic being used for the figures?

2. If the entire DCAU is now free to be mined (aside from those characters still with licencing issues), will we be seeing some new body types for newer characters? What I mean by this is, if you were to make the legion of superheroes as they appeared in the JLU, would we see a new teen male and female body made for these characters?

3. Since you have taken over the DCAU reigns from Hasbro, you have remade quite a few of the characters from TNBA, such as Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, Joker and Two-face in the same scale as your JLU figures. In this new rebranded line, would you be willing to remake the other TNBA figures of Mr Freeze and The Riddler so as to have them inscale with your DCAU figures? Also, can we look forward to villains from TNBA that have never been made, such as the following: Scarecrow, Bane, Clayface (would work as both a TNBA and JLU accurate version), Mad Hatter, Killer Croc?

4. And finally, on the subject of The Hal Jodan figure, would you be in breach of any contract if you were to say make a "clear coloured" figure like you have done with the Amazo character, that just happened to have the same sort of head as Hal, but wasn't painted that way or named as such?
I just think that this could be put out as maybe a hologram figure in a 3pk or 6pk, and would be a great wink to collectors who could paint him up. But would, for all intensive purposes just be a clear coloured figure with a mask on, and would maybe get in under the legal issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:29 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Hey 4H, is there any chance that we'll see any figures like the old Batman line Mr. Freeze, where it wasn't any particular comic design, but was just a cool design that worked for the character? Because I think it would be cool if characters like Classic Killer Moth (not the the coolest looking outfit) got that treatment. Wouldn't that be better for the kids buying this line(since DCD could possibly make a comic accurate classic Killer Moth) while still giving the collectors a DCUC version of the character? Just imagining a 4H designed Classic Killer Moth really gets me hyped up, especially after someone commenting on an Ironmanish styled one in another topic on this site.

P.S.Please give some type of sign that a 4H Nightwing is or isn't coming next year, not knowing is really killing me or at least a hint to which version of him when he does come out :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 121  Next