Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Finally got Blue Devil, and it's paintjob is horrible.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:33 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

this is like the 4th JLU toy I've ever bought. It looks like it was painted by Ray Charles. I repainted a toy a few years ago and did awful, and this is what it looked like. Mattel should be ashamed for putting out toys like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:46 pm 
Factory Worker

I finally got a Blue Devil as well and am not overly happy with the paint job. Especially his belt which is painted gold but not very well at all. It has to be the worst paint job I have ever seen on a JLU figure.

I suppose if I had picked him up in a store (I got him from BBTS) I would have still purchased the figure as I will just touch up the paint job upon opening the figure...but I wish I didn't have to doctor brand new figures.

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:15 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

The belt on my Blue Devil from Amok Time was a bit off as well, but I'm happy to have him!

The paint job on my Ray from SDCC is excellent -- he didn't even have the chunk missing from his collar that a lot had! But ... his head wasn't fully in the body! I tried heating it and pushing it in but no dice. I had to crack open the body to readjust the head!

Last edited by JQ3x29yz4a on Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:55 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I got the new Black Canary with the intention of swapping heads since I liked the new face paint. But the fig I got is so bad, I can't be bothered. One eye is quite a bit larger than the other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:17 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

If Mattel wanted JLU figures to be painted accurately, they'd be covered in lead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:40 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

My SDCC Ray is pretty bad, but I am happy that he exists so I wont complain (too much)

Last edited by Arsenio3 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:59 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

That's a bummer. I guess I got lucky since my BD's paint looks really nice.

-Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:59 pm 
5" Scale

I found a BD with poor paint around the paint but was so happy to find him that I bought it anyways. This was at Target btw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:31 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I am going to count myself doubly blessed (although if you have been following my posts for the past couple of days then it is more like 6s, 7s, 8s blessed) today.

Not only did I finally find a Blue Devil (at Target) but I have one of the nicest JLU paint jobs I have ever purchased.

Happy hunting to everyone out there. Blue Devil is making his presence known. Hopefully others will have good paint too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:14 am 
Cold-cast

Could be worse. The Blue Devil I got from BBTS came in the package with rips in the front and back of his vest.

Here is the front view of it the rip is in the right side of his 'belt' and opens downward:

And here is the back:

The great thing about this tear is that it's in about the SAME spot as the one in front but it's opening UPWARDS!!! :roll:

Like I said, I got it from BBTS so I paid $40 for him. I wish my BD only had paint problems... :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:13 am 
Knows his stuff

No problems with the paint aps on my Blue Devil... Looks great... No problems with his leaning forward either... Guess I'm lucky with this one... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:25 am 
active in the community

I finally found mine at Target over the weekend and he looks great. He does lean a bit, but put his pitch fork at the right angle and it helps prop him up a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:48 am 
Hat Pooper

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I am going to count myself doubly blessed (although if you have been following my posts for the past couple of days then it is more like 6s, 7s, 8s blessed) today.

Not only did I finally find a Blue Devil (at Target) but I have one of the nicest JLU paint jobs I have ever purchased.

Happy hunting to everyone out there. Blue Devil is making his presence known. Hopefully others will have good paint too.

Did you get him at Hentrietta Target? I was there Tuesday afternoon and saw the Batman from that wave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:00 am 
Hat Pooper

I picked up Blue Devil yesterday at Target. I'm finally caught up. The paint job on mine looks fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:47 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I haven't snagged Blue Devil yet....but I finally got my hands on a Vigilante figure (I know, way behind) from the 3-pack, and his face paintjob is AWFUL. It's just really disappointing...I wish I didn't have to get this one, since it's the only one I'll ever see...