Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:46 am 
Cold-cast

TedBaxter wrote:
Found an entire endcap of these at the local walmart here in Spokane. For some reason Judge Death from series two and his variant are included.

Spokane,that colorado or elsewhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:58 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

They're showing up in San Diego. I found a ton of'em at the Wal-Mart in El Cajon.

Mike
(There must have been at least five or six of each. Except for Conan, which was was nowhere to be found. It kinda figures. Conan's the only one I want.) :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:24 am 
Bob Vila

If that's the case, and they are about to show up across the country, that's pretty smart. They are going to get a big momentum boost out of SDCC, and if they can say to people "these will be waiting for you in your local stores when you get home!" that will make a big difference.

And Spokane is in Washington (at least the only one I know of!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:30 am 
5th Horseman

Quote:
And Spokane is in Washington (at least the only one I know of!).

You're right as far as I know which means the west coast is the place to be if you like this line.

I'll end up getting Wave 1, beyond that though I'm not sure. SDCC might convince me; I agree their showing combined with having new figs on shelves as we speak is a great marketing tool.

I still think DCSH will be the highlight of SDCC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:45 am 
Cold-cast

wave 1 an 2 are a must for me these look like a major improvement over the last couple of ml waves,although i do see a few of them hanging out in the toy box instead of on the shelf.
that marv looks like he would pass for tombstone, and would like some extra pitt legs to mudball an icon hulk upper body to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:00 pm 
Knows his stuff

A guy on another message board found all the LCBH figures at a Wal-Mart two hours north of Sacramento, CA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:23 pm 
Unbreakable

Just found Series 1 plus Judge Death in Manhattan KS. I went in to almart to buy Frosted Mini-wheats and walked out with $80 in toys....and Frosted Mini Wheats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:52 am 
5th Horseman

What's KS? If you're talking about another Manahattan in the midwest.....cool, but if you mean Manhattan in NY then I'm on a mission this weekend.

I don't know how my gf puts up with me. I tried getting her out of bed to look at the feature on this page last night, but she wasn't as excited as me :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:38 am 
Knows his stuff

ditko wrote:
What's KS? If you're talking about another Manahattan in the midwest.....cool, but if you mean Manhattan in NY then I'm on a mission this weekend.

Kansas. Didn't anyone take geography in school? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:44 am 
Knows his stuff

What does everyone think of the new Series 3 figures? They don't really do anything for me. They seem like pieces McFarlane could have just as easily done, and I guess LCBH is becoming the Conan/Top Cow/Savage Dragon/2000 AD toy line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:47 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Found them in Lake Havasu City, Ariz., the Tuesday before we left for San Diego.

Interesting as it was the first new action figurees Havasu has seen since Spider-Man 3 and only the second new set of action figures since 12-06.

I picked up Dredd, my sone grabbed Witchblade. If he's still there when we get back, I'll get JUdge Death and maybe Madman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:11 pm 
Knows his stuff

Thanks to a heads-up from Warhead on the Toy Buzz, I found out that the Legendary Comic Book Heroes were out in full force today at my local Wal-Mart Supercenter in Casselberry, Florida (just north of Orlando). They were on an endcap near the bikes, close to but not IN the actual action figure aisle. I got the Madman with the best paint job, so I have a Pitt crotch up for grabs now. Wow, that sounds horrible.

Anyway, all the other figures were in great supply, and I even saw the clear variant Judge Death, and more than one Savage Dragon in his undershirt. In typical Toy Biz/Marvel Toys fashion, the paint apps were imperfect on several I saw, so just make sure you sift through them to find the best ones. I imagine Witchblade could suffer the most from crappy paint.

Madman has a great blue wash on some parts of him, giving him some shading and making him look nicer than a plain, flat white paint job would look. Luckily all of the joints on mine are tight, and so far he can hold his ray gun pretty tightly. The little "crack" or lightning bolt on the forehead of his mask is light blue, since that is his skin color underneath the mask -- that was a nice touch. I am very happy with this figure, although I was hoping they would have been priced lower than $9.98.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:02 am 
Infinite Hero

Wee-HAH!

LCBH finally hit Columbus! Found the full endcap at Wal-Mart (Rt 23 for you local types) and nabbed variant Dragon and Judge Dredd. Money's tight at the moment (heading to WW Chicago next week) so just got the two for now, but love 'em! Can't wait to pick up the rest!

I love this line!

Jeff

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:14 am 
We're going streaking!

I found them in Rochester, NY yesterday (Gates Super-Wal*Mart). I walked in hoping to find them and get both Super Patriots, Savage Dragon variants and maybe a Judge Death variant (get those variants out the way while I can!) and ended up with a full set of Series 1, sans regular Savage Dragon, Savage Dragon variant, Super-Patriot variant and Judge Death (the variant didn't do anything for me). The only one I cringed at getting was Witchblade, but the others looked so good, I had to have them, and all I needed to complete Pitt was Witchblade, so I bought her too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:16 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Picked up all of Wave one at Walmart last night, including the Super Patriot Variant. All they had from wave 2 was the Judge Death and Judge Death Variant figures, so I picked both of them up as well. Hoping to find the rest of wave 2 and the Conan two pack soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next