Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:31 am 
Brand Manager

SDcomics wrote:
Brad Globe
Warner Bros. Consumer Products Inc.
4000 Warner Blvd
Burbank, CA 91522

Mike
(It wouldn't hurt to write a polite letter, Hal fans. Just sayin'.) :wink:

I couldn't agree more.

Big thanks for that :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:51 am 
PVC

JQ3x29yz4a wrote:
tnswman wrote:
Did anyone get an email for this boob?

Well there's the wrong kind of attitude right from the start. Please don't email him a version of your post here. If it even made it past his secretary it would do all harm and no good.

I hope several of us will write polite, hand-written letters -- they carry much more wait than emails, which tend to be browsed through and then deleted or forgotten.

Thanks for looking that up Mike!

LOL!! I am not an idiot!!! I quite know how to present a case to a business man since I am one myself. I make proposal's everyday..... this is a place to vent frustrations...The gentleman will be made aware how frustrated we are though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:53 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Awesome :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:16 am 
Collector Inspector

tnswman wrote:
Did anyone get an email for this boob?

What GOOD rason could a Toy company possibly have for not making a toy that would obviously be atop seller? Why would a property owner stop that from taking place???

There is no good reason to not allow Hal to be made for the JLU for mass production. It should be well noted that there are SEVERAL characters that have figures in Multiple toy lines......If they were worried about a JLU Hal taking sales away from the DC Classics Hal, what are they basing it on? Did the JLU figure of Steel take away from the DCSH Steel figure???

what could the reason possibly be? They are allowing multiples of dozens of other characters to be made in different lines..they are allowing Hal to be made in other lines een.. WHY NOT JLU......What makes him special? What is the difference between Hal and Hawkman? They are both in The Batman line......Hawkman has a JLU figure now so, there goes the idea about the character confussion. Oh wait.. Hawkman DOES NOT HAVE A LIMITED EDITION A$$ KISSING FIGURE like Hal does.....so, to me.. that is the only reason that Hal can't be made. However, are the so stupid that they do not realize that they can make a different Hal figure so their precious little A$$ kissing gift can retain it's oh-so loved value?

ANYONE who defends WB And yes, MATTEL ( they have a part in this too) over Hal not being made. is nothing but a fluffer!!

now, do I hate Mattel and WB? No not at all...I am getting an animated Hal with The Batman line, so..I am happy because I love those figures so much more anyway.. However...there is a TON of BS surrounding the JLU hal and there is no good reason for it...that's why you don't hear an official excuse, THERE IS NOT ONE THAT MAKES ANY SENSE...and EVERYONE KNOWS IT!!

I still don't understand why you are getting so upset over a toy. Like many of you have mentioned in the past they are making him in many other lines so be happy with that. So you don't get Hal in animated style. BIG DEAL. Some here are acting like the age of people these toys are intended for 5+. I mean seriously name calling those who support Mattel and acussing Mattel staff of being liars is just infantile. It's like the kid in the store who stomps his feet and screams at the top of his lungs until Momma gives in just to shut him up. Very mature for a buisness man.
So what if Mattel can't or won't make him because of a gift that was made for a certain few. I like the idea that Mattel won't make him in BT style. It shows me they have some kind of honor to the people and decsions that have been made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:09 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Cookie_TXPSY wrote:
I still don't understand why you are getting so upset over a toy.

Probably because this is a TOY board, and if there is anywhere it's appropriate to get upset about toys it's here.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:44 pm 
my tummy itches

I come to toy boards to free myself from all the constant "upsets" of the real world. This is a hobby and an escape... its supposed to be fun. I know I personally have genuine issues and concerns far more important and deserving of my time, attention and grief outside. Nothing here is worth serious upset or ugliness. Nothing wrong with passion, excitement, interest, frustration and disappointment regarding the hobby, but for me its Nec. to maintain perspective above all.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:26 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Two points...

1) Mattel isn't at fault here.

2) I would begrudge no one if they felt they had to vent about the lack of a JLU Hal. Anyone who feels the same way should rightly feel free to speak up at every opportunity. Look at me, for example :wink:

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:34 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Wait, is it that they can't give us the same or similar Hal GL figure or anything at all that is Hal Jordan related? If it's the former, how about a Hal Parallax figure? That's possible in the expanded DCAU line isn't it?

Then, folks could try a head mold or just a headswap to create their own Hal. Would that be a good short term compromise between WB and the masses that want Hal? Although I'm not a customizer, so I don't know how difficult it would be to swap heads... I can barely use these opposable thumbs for everyday stuff... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:51 am 
Damage Control

Didn't Mattel exec already said that they will not be releasing him recently?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:24 am 
Dog Squeezer

stcardinal wrote:
Didn't Mattel exec already said that they will not be releasing him recently?

My understanding is that Mattel recently requested again to add a JLU Hal to the line and was told by Warner Bros Consumer Products and/or Warner Bros Animation that it was a no go.

I suppose it's possible that some sort of animated style Hal might be okay (Silver age costume w/ black shoulders, modern costume, etc) but the specific look as he appeared on JLU and the specific toy as released last year is still a no go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:56 am 
PVC

I can get upset here because it is allowed! I do not understand how that can not be understood!

we have to place some type of fault to Mattel even if it is just for allowing the Christmas Hal.

I say we bug them until they say yes.. If that means forever, then so be it ;) it is our right as a consumer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:00 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

You know, I think it'd be great if they made an animated Parallax figure instead and slapped y'all in the face. :)

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:08 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

marillion wrote:
You know, I think it'd be great if they made an animated Parallax figure instead and slapped y'all in the face. :)

Peace,

Chip

Well, I'll buy anything JLU, so, it's all good.

But, this just illustrates how dumb, dumb, dumb this Hal embargo really is. I fully believe that a Hal Parallax is probably "allowed", while the greatest Green Lantern ever(who actually appeared on the show) is not.

My theory is that Mattel is being punished by DC/WB in some twisted and indirect way over the unapproved Holiday Hal. Thing is, the fan's are really the ones being punished, not Mattel. Mattel's only "punishment" is having to hear from the fans over and over again that we want to see a JLU Hal in the line, as if it's their fault(which it is not)

I hope Lying in the Gutters really does shed some light on the cockroach-like details of this whole Hal embargo. [/i]

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:16 pm 
Knows his stuff

marillion wrote:

Peace,

Chip

do you not get enough attention at home ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:23 pm 
Dog Squeezer

kastor417 wrote:
marillion wrote:

Peace,

Chip

do you not get enough attention at home ?

Aw, Chip's just kidding.

Smiley's people! That means "just kidding!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next