Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:40 am 
Bob Vila

A friend of mine said he'd seen them all over, but I came up empty after a brief trip out last night (other then Witchblade, ugh). Looks like I'll have to stray a little farther tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:11 am 
Wonderdog

Wow. Is the Witchblade figure really that bad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:00 am 
Bob Vila

scottbernard wrote:
Wow. Is the Witchblade figure really that bad?

Well, it's more that I don't like Witchblade :wink: . But I don't think she's all that great. I've yet to see a Toybiz/ Marvel Toys female figure that I think is really well done (the closest is Phoenix).

Found the rest of these last night. Picked up the only one I really want, Madman. He's pretty sweet. I will probably pick up Savage Dragon at some point, but he's about it for Wave One. Judge Dredd, IMHO, is inferior to the one released as part of the 2000AD line a few years back. As for the rest... no thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:09 am 
Wonderdog

Finally saw these in a local store and my reaction was meh. The most impressive one was Conan from the 2-pack and I still left it on the shelf. As to be expected, Witchblade, the only one I was remotely interested in getting, was curiously nowehre to be found among the regular chain stores. Then I popped in to a local specialty shop and saw a full set. Which is where I first saw the Witchblade figure in person.

I confirm. It IS that bad.

Why is it the hardest one to find?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:44 am 
We're going streaking!

Actually, after finally opening Witchblade, I don't think she is that bad at all. She is better than I expected her to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:49 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Well, at first seeing this line I didn't give it a second glance cause I didn't know who any of the characters were and I didn't want to spend $10 apiece on another line I'd have to collect...

So, as fate would have it I got the entire 1st wave + Judge Death for $5 apiece and I've changed my thoughts on the line. :P

Mainly, everyone talks about it being collector driven and only those who know the characters would get it, I don't think that's entirely true. After getting them, I found all the comics I could on all the characters, and I'm hooked! :D Savage Dragon used to be just a weird green guy in jeans to me and now after reading the comics he's the tough-guy Chicago cop/hero. :)

So maybe it will introduce more people to comics, although some of them were a little sub-par compared to DC or Marvel...

But here's a question, if a Lobo figure can't get made cause of 'mature'/violent themes in his comics, then I really gotta ask... what is Marv doing in the line? :? Also, Pitt's comics had the mature label on a couple of them. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:51 pm 
Bob Vila

John Jones wrote:
Well, at first seeing this line I didn't give it a second glance cause I didn't know who any of the characters were and I didn't want to spend $10 apiece on another line I'd have to collect...

So, as fate would have it I got the entire 1st wave + Judge Death for $5 apiece and I've changed my thoughts on the line. :P

Mainly, everyone talks about it being collector driven and only those who know the characters would get it, I don't think that's entirely true. After getting them, I found all the comics I could on all the characters, and I'm hooked! :D Savage Dragon used to be just a weird green guy in jeans to me and now after reading the comics he's the tough-guy Chicago cop/hero. :)

So maybe it will introduce more people to comics, although some of them were a little sub-par compared to DC or Marvel...

But here's a question, if a Lobo figure can't get made cause of 'mature'/violent themes in his comics, then I really gotta ask... what is Marv doing in the line? :? Also, Pitt's comics had the mature label on a couple of them. :?

I'm really glad they had that effect on you. I just hope that they start including some characters from better comics! :D Nothing against Savage Dragon, though. He's fine.

About Lobo... different companies have different policies. Besides, this is a collectors' driven line, whereas JLU is (nominally) a kid's line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:21 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

hellpop wrote:
About Lobo... different companies have different policies. Besides, this is a collectors' driven line, whereas JLU is (nominally) a kid's line.

Maybe JLU, but I was really hoping for him in DCAC, 4H Lobo would be beyond phenomenal! :D

Has anyone seen Wave 2 in stores yet? Besides Judge Death?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:04 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

Bought a set of these today,JD is by far the best figure. Pitt is absolyely awesome the others are meh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:39 pm 
shirtless hugger

John Jones wrote:

I saw all of Wave 2 at my local WalMart tonight. They had one of each, and one variant Ann O'Brien. Marv is freaking cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:06 am 
Bob Vila

Ham Salad wrote:
John Jones wrote:

I saw all of Wave 2 at my local WalMart tonight. They had one of each, and one variant Ann O'Brien. Marv is freaking cool!

I didn't know there was a Ann O'Brien variant. What's the difference?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:58 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

The Anne variant is in jeans and darker clothing. Closer to her normal clothing look imo.

Is Spawn able to be made in the line? And Dredd needs to come out with his bike... :wink: If not another judge, which would be just as good. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:59 am 
shirtless hugger

The regular Ann has a green jumpsuit, the variant has a blue one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:45 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Gotta wonder how many of these will be re-painted into Lois Lane until Mattel decides to make one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:52 am 
5" Scale

Jim_Abell wrote:

Gotta wonder how many of these will be re-painted into Lois Lane until Mattel decides to make one...

that will be one tall Ms Lane lol. This figure is as tall as ML She Hulk.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next