Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DCAU Vehicles and Playsets
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:09 pm 
Killer Mothman

IIRC, in one of the various thread or articles floating around about the JLU/DCAU line, one of the Mattel reps said that changing over the JLU line allowed for "the possibility of playsets and vehicles to be made."

This technically says that there's a chance for the vehicles and locations of the DC universe could be made. What would you want to see? An Batmobile? The Fortress of Solitude? Blue Beetle's Bug? Blackgate Prison? The Invisible Jet? Apokolips Fire Pit Playset?

Let's hear those ideas! Don't forget to describe action features!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:17 pm 
ABS

I'd like to see a Watchtower Bridge with light-up transporter.

Post subject: Re: DCAU Vehicles and Playsets
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:49 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Scott Rogers wrote:
IIRC, in one of the various thread or articles floating around about the JLU/DCAU line, one of the Mattel reps said that changing over the JLU line allowed for "the possibility of playsets and vehicles to be made."

I was under the impression that the vehicle quote was attached to the DCUC line and not the JLU/DCAU line. If that's the case I really hope that the previous 6" scale Batmobile isn't considered for re-release. It's an interesting design and all, but not very practical for "real" purposes. I'd think that if the 6" line does get vehicles the Batmobile and Batplane would both be at the top of the list. The Invisible Jet would be nice, but I could see that being a really tough sell to the retailers. Vigilante's Indian, Winged Victory and Question's GTO had some presence on JLU and that could carry over to the 6" line. I think the main thing that I would fear would be the possibility of lack of a "driver" figure for any vehicle at any given time. I would almost think that it would be best if any vehicles released included the appropriate driver/pilot figure. What I'm trying to say is that a vehicle in that scale is going to have to have a longer shelf life before being rotated out for something new than a carded figure would and that it wouldn't necessarily be good for the line if a Batmobile was on the shelves for 12 months but a Batman figure was only available in the figure assortments for 2-3 months during that time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:52 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Personally I'd rather that they didnt make Vehicles or Playsets. Not because it wouldnt be cool--but because I dont have room for that. And my JLU/DCAU obsession would compel me to get them. My two ¢: save the budget for new figs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:54 pm 
Resin

It would be cool if they could make a playset of the Watchtower interior that was less geared to playability and more to displaying. If they really are trying to gear this line to collectors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:57 pm 
Prototype

An Arkham or Apokolips playset would be so cool. Maybe a Desaad figure could come with Apokolips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:20 pm 
Resin

A Hall of Justice or Watchtower playset aimed more towards display than playability would be ideal... Even a legion of Doom citadel could work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:47 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

I'd like the character-specific cycles and Winged Victory! S.T.R.I.P.E. too!

I'd also like playset/storage case/display sets of the Watchtower, Metro Tower and Legion of Doom HQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:11 pm 
Collector Inspector

JQ3x29yz4a wrote:
I'd like the character-specific cycles and Winged Victory! S.T.R.I.P.E. too!

I'd also like playset/storage case/display sets of the Watchtower, Metro Tower and Legion of Doom HQ

I love the idea of S.T.R.I.P.E being a vehcle it would come with a Pat Dugan figure. Also Winged Victory is great. But I keep thinking of a pegasus with a saddle with molded on Shinnig Knight legs and a trap door on the back like an old Star Wars Tantan or Dewbach. Also a watchtower bridge display would be great with one or two crew members or a Mr. Teriffic. Also this could be multileved with the middle level a meeting room for the big 7 and on the other side a cafateria area which they showed alot. The lower level for a javelin hanger and maybe a medical room . Legion of Doom HQ would be awesome, with a big meeting table in the middle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:02 pm 
my tummy itches

I would be more than content with some "set pieces". Simple diorama type display pieces funtional as play areas but double as display stands/backdrops.
Daily Planet cubicle, Darkseid throne, Watchtower transporter station, medical bay, observation deck, conference table Etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:57 am 
Wonderdog

Only if they are in scale. I know it would be impractical for the bigger vehicles and buildings, but I'd rather get smaller vehicles (motorcycles, etc..) or individual rooms that are in scale rather than kiddified Watchtowers and Invisible Jets that are 10 times too small.
batlaw wrote:
I would be more than content with some "set pieces". Simple diorama type display pieces funtional as play areas but double as display stands/backdrops.
Daily Planet cubicle, Darkseid throne, Watchtower transporter station, medical bay, observation deck, conference table Etc.
This is a good idea here. I would buy playsets of such scenes if they were to scale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:27 am 
5th Horseman

I had an idea for JLU mini playsets.. Battle Zones. Each set would include one figure and have breakway parts and/or battle damage:

Daily Planet with Lois Lane.

Tartarus Gates with Hades

Gorilla City with Solovar

The Pit with Granny Goodness

Wayne Mannor with Alfred

A Delux Citadel/Hall of Doom playset would be like the classic Snake Mountain a "Trap filled stronghold of terror" Dozens of traps for our Heroes to avoid!

and Accessory packs that include one figure:

The Annhilator with Felix Faust

The Invisible Jet with Wonder Woman

Winged Victory with Shining Knight

The Batmobile with Batman

And Motorcycles each with their rider:
Black Canary
Vigilante

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:05 pm 
my tummy itches

I would have no problem seeing any vehicles. Especially a TNBA styled Batwing as used in JLU. An updated styled min Javelin would be nifty as well. There are also Lex's little single seater craft and the Key's hover-bike and various such similar little things that could work. I know everybody wants Winged Victory and Vigilante's bike, but none of them are really all that important to me personally. I would rather see playable/display sets or see the money go into all new/larger/more ellaborate figures.

Post subject: Re: DCAU Vehicles and Playsets
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:06 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Scott Rogers wrote:
Blue Beetle's Bug?

This one would be very easy to do. Just retool the Tyco RC N.S.E.C.T, removing the dart shooter in favor of a cockpit and ditching the military paint aps. Include a Blue Beetle pilot figure and your golden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:01 pm 
Prototype

Welcome to the boards, Icefan!