Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Don't give up on Toys R Us. I found a goldmine of JLU stuff.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:41 pm 
Factory Worker

I thought I'd start this topic as I didn't really see another that really addressed the lack of JLU stuff at Toy R us stores.

I had almost given up on checking TRU stores due to the fact that I NEVER find anything new at them. Well the other day I was with my wife near a local TRU store and I decided to stop in. I got to the action figure aisle and to my surprise I saw a trinity three pack.

Actually, I noticed that there were 5 three packs on the pegs. The first being the trinity three pack. I figures they would all be the same as is par for the course. However, I checked anyways. The second three pack was a Shining Knight three pack. When I got to the third three pack my jaw dropped. It was the Obsidian three pack. Needless to say I was excited as I have never seen one of these in person. So I crumpledung it up and exclaim, "I need this one". The fourth three pack I see is the Star Saphire three pack to which I say "I need this one" and then the fifth three pack was Big Barda three pack to which I say "and I need this one!"

I also found the 7 pack of the 5 POA figures which I had been looking for as well as a two face and a black Batgirl from DCSH which I left behind for someone else. SO I shelled out the $50.00 or so and was so happy. I have no idea why the three packs were at a TRU or why they were there that day but I don't question luck or fate. I know that someone will be smart and say "Well they were there because TRU is a toy store that sells figures" but I mean based on JLU cases and what appears in a case it seems very odd that all three of those three packs would not have sold AND be right in a row with only two other three packs present.

My story doesn't end here though. To make matters even more odd and hopeful for us collectors, my wife was visiting another local TRU today and guess what she found. THat's right...all three of the three packs that we had found the other day. Obsidian, Star Saphire, and Big Barda three packs. It is incredible that within a span of three days that both she and I would find two separate sets of the hardest to find three packs in TRU to boot. It's almost as strange as finding the Hawkman three packs at Odd/Big Lots.

I guess that I reccomend that you check your local Toys R Us stores and see what you find. You might be surprised.

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:55 pm 
Prototype

Congrats! I still haven't found the Barda or Obsidian packs, or Hawkman for that matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:20 pm 
Dog Squeezer

WOW...

well I am very thankful for the sets that I got a month a half ago from friends, who in travels to TARGETs, seek out for my JLU wants. They have kids of their own but not really interested in JLU just STAR WARS.

You scored man! Good Job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:37 pm 
Bob Vila

Well, this is usually what happens; TRU is months behind Wal-Mart and Target (depending on the line) and then they finally get the stuff in. That's what keeps me going back....

BTW, you probably should have passed on the 7 pack and picked up Batgirl and Two Face (assuming you collect DCSH). You may never see those again, and I assure you you'll be seeing the 7 pack for months to come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:11 pm 
Knows his stuff

My TRU got some new 3-packs in.
Batman/Huntress/Atom.
Batman/Zatanna/Shining Knight.
The Trinity.
Bastards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:37 pm 
Hat Pooper

Wow..lucky guy. My TRU always has.. oh wait, nothing! And every time I walk in there and leave I always say to my self "Why do I even bother." But at least there's hope.

JLU Wishlist - Stargirl (taller), S.T.R.I.P.E., Gypsy, Johnny Thunder, Thunderbolt, The Creeper, Crimson Avenger, Dr. Mid-Nite, Two-Face (repaint), Batwoman, Killer Croc, Firefly, Poison Ivy, The Mad Hatter, The Riddler, Roxy Rocket, Scarface, Baby Doll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:51 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Of all the stores in my town that have gone and come, my TRU is the one I miss the most.
Id give back all the stupid pet stores and teeny bopper clothing stores for my tru back.
Pretty sure that if I had my TRU Id be able to find everything I wanted pretty quickly. Or atleast give me more options and a better chance at finding the stuff I want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:43 pm 
Ferret Farmer

What great news, congrats on your haul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:37 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

The TRU in Brampton Canada had a single pack Dr. Light, and a seven pack of the original JL. I'm still questing for the Cassie Cain Batgirl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:35 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Funny thing, the other night I went to Big Lots to get Cyborg Superman, but they didn't have him so I got Parasite, Steel, Black Costume Superman and the Joker 2 Pack. Went down the street to Toys R Us and they had just put out a Cyborg Superman case, so I grabbed Cyborg Superman, now all I am missing is the Blue Supergirl, Two Face and Cassie Cain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:34 am 
PVC

Warskinz wrote:
Funny thing, the other night I went to Big Lots to get Cyborg Superman, but they didn't have him so I got Parasite, Steel, Black Costume Superman and the Joker 2 Pack. Went down the street to Toys R Us and they had just put out a Cyborg Superman case, so I grabbed Cyborg Superman, now all I am missing is the Blue Supergirl, Two Face and Cassie Cain

Same here...I went into BIG LOTS this morning looking for another
Cyborg Superman for a friend,found none,so I went on to TOYS R US
to look for Two-Face and Cassie and found that they had just re-stocked
the DCSH pegs with the Cyborg Superman line-up.This is the FIRST
figures that this Toys R Us has gotten in since right after Christmas!!!!!
I'm never gonna find this new Two-Face wave.....Mattel needs to get
their self an online store so we can purchase these things without our
wallets being sucked dry paying for Gas...............
I'm really starting to wonder if sometimes these guys aren't on to something by going ahead and picking these up on eBay. I mean its
either "feed" the scalpers,or "feed" the oil-industry paying for Gas.
And a lot of times you shell out for a ton of gas,often making multiple
trips to the same stores, only to find nothing in the stores at all.So,
in the end,who's coming out ahead?????
I still need the entire new Batman Wave. Haven't seen them in my
area at all..
the Man-Bat1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:53 pm 
Knows his stuff

I just saw the Superman/Wonder Woman/Etrigan and Nemesis/Lightray/Amazo 3-packs at TRU (Altamonte Springs, FL), along with the usual Trinity, Zatanna/Knight/Batman, and the new 7-pack.

No new DCSH, though -- all they had were a few pegwarming Scarecrows, same as my closest Target.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:06 pm 
my tummy itches

My TRU still has a healthy supply of Waverider singles if anyone is in need!?... anyone? anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:00 am 
Wonderdog

Gonna check my tru this morning. hoping to find blue devil. then i only need volcana.

jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:20 am 
PVC

My TRU was interesting yesterday.

In the "Superman" aisle, which is completely separate from the "Batman" asile, they had the JLU singles -- tons of purple-carded Bats and Supes, plus purple-carded Steel and Supergirl. For DSCH, they had purple-carded Bizarro and Supes out the wazoo.

In the "Batman" aisle, they had the JLU 3-packs: but only Trinity, Zatanna, and Huntress. They also had a single "original 7" box set. And for DSCH, they had a single Knight Shadow Bats. And that's it.

Slim pickings, and divided over two different aisles...

Wakko