Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 121  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:24 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I realize that everyone is just returning from the stress and hoopla regarding SDCC and WWC but when are we going to start getting back to "MATTEL ANSWERS ..."?

I know that we JUST got a literal ton of information on upcoming figures, rebranding, line expansions, BAF's and what not but we still have questions.

And, becasue it really can't be said enough, THANK YOU MATTEL (and more specifically ToyGuru and BoyWonder) for all the feedback, information,and attention you have being paying us. I know of no other forum that is so closely linked to the source and I, for one, am extremely grateful to know that my voice may actually be heard.

Looking forward to some answers (or even a brief overview of the "state of the union" so to speak) in the near future.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:59 pm 
Daniel Pickett

The new set of questions are due Sept 1st. Answers will follow shortly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:07 am 
Former King of Posts

My current burning question.
My local Target seems to still not be stocking anything new. ShiningKnight/Zatanna 3packs on purple cards and Superman singles on orange and purple cards are what is on the pegs. What can be done to get the newer product onto the shelves?

I found Lightray/Amazo/Nemesis on 3/22
Shade and Huntress II on 6/04
Nothing new since

Never seen:
Aquaman/Stargirl/Parasite
GreenArrow/hawk/Volcana

Superman/Sand/StarSapphire
MartianManhunter/Barda/Deadshot
Brainiac/Vigilante/Obsideon

Batman/Joker/BlackCanary
Hawkman/AltFlash/RocketRed

Blue Devil or any other singles shown at TF07

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:39 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Will Characters that can fly come with flight stands? I have one with my Superman and it just adds more to displaying the figure. Also, any chances for character theme bases?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:30 pm 
Resin

Guru,

Is there a chance of another 6 pack beyond the Grodd 6 pack? Is it dependent on the success of the Grodd pack or the Red Doomsday pack? I for one passed on the Red Doomsday pack since they are all figures I have or repaints of figures that I have that do not represent any new characters.

Also, would you be able to comment on what oversized characters might be considered?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:10 pm 

ToyGuru, I wouldn't mind seeing modified re-releases if they made sense, like a bigger Doomsday (BAF maybe) or what I would love to see, this version of Luthor

Do you think it's something that could be considered?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:50 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

1. Why wasn't the original sculpt of Wonder Woman released with the 5 POA original members box set?

2. And will we ever see that sculpt released again in the 3 packs?

I think it is the better and preferred sculpt, and most fans consider it the same.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:36 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I understand that the Ray/Shayera three-pack was exclusive to SDCC & WW Chicago. However, were these complete sell-outs? If not, will people who attend Wizard World Dallas have a chance to purchase them?

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:26 pm 

Any chance of a Supergirl repaint in black? Like the evil version of Kara Zor-El that appeared in her first arc? I would love to see that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:39 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Not so much a question as a series of requests: If you guys do any DCUC two packs next year like last year's DCSH for Target, please, please, please include at least one new character in each pack (so that we don't get an overload like the Superman/Bizarro packs) and give any re-packed characters some sort of visual variation (like if the Batman from those sets had been colored black/gray instead of identical to the single). Also, please ship at least two new sets in each case release/revision instead of just one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:07 pm 
proverbial old fart

What is the status of the Legion of Super-Heroes figures?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:14 pm 
PVC

Toy Guru, can you please comment on the ongoing JLU distribution problem? This past summer you indicated that things would get better quickly after the Spider-Man 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean excitement died down, but many of us have seen no improvement (and no new figures) whatsoever. Given how difficult it is (and expensive, when it's even possible) to get JLU figures from online retailers now, what can the fan community expect to see from Mattel in terms of correcting this problem? Thank you very much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:49 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Is the unfortunate Mattel toy recall situation affecting other non-recalled Mattel toy lines, such as JLU and DCSH, specifically? Because, ever since the recalls happened, Targets near me have been completely devoid of any new product for these two lines.

Also, not so much a question, but...the Targets near me have pulled ALL Cars singles from their shelves, not just the recalled Sarge. BUT, they left all of the Cars two packs and three packs. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of their kneejerk reaction?

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:17 pm 

Hey Mattel, is there any chance that we will ever get to see the Mr. Freeze that was going to be at SDCC, and when is the soonest that we will see one of Harley's friends :D ? It's depressing to think about owning her with no Joker or Ivy to be with her :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:04 am 
Former King of Posts

Does the new animated license include the hanna Barbera characters from the Superfriends?
Apache Chief, El Dorado, etc?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 121  Next