Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:34 am 
Kool Moe Dee

I meant the 2 pack Batgirl never came out. The all grey one that came in one of the 4 packs looks pretty fantastic even though its a Mattel creation.

That Sin Tzu Batgirl is a bee-autch to find and one of the only Bruce Timmverse figures I don't have.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:40 am 
Hat Pooper

My Big Lots has always had these. The regular costumed black suit Batgirl is a great figure and I really lucked out on getting it, because I don't have an X-Box so I wasn't gonna buy the game, but when I went into EB Games I saw her right on the counter by herself and when I asked the clerk if I could have it he said "Yeah sure, the last guy who bought the video game just opened it right in the store and threw her out." So luckily he saved the figure and I got her!

JLU Wishlist - Stargirl (taller), S.T.R.I.P.E., Gypsy, Johnny Thunder, Thunderbolt, The Creeper, Crimson Avenger, Dr. Mid-Nite, Two-Face (repaint), Batwoman, Killer Croc, Firefly, Poison Ivy, The Mad Hatter, The Riddler, Roxy Rocket, Scarface, Baby Doll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:42 am 
Collector Inspector

She came with the PS2 version of the game as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:39 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

I got them too. Big Lots has them since early of last year...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:32 pm 
Prototype

The Mattel figures of Batgirl, Two Face, Catwoman, and The Joker are much more in scale than Hasbro's. Most Hasbro figures are too tall compared to JLU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:56 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

I thought the blue Robin figure looked pretty sharp actually and picked him up; might make a cool "Justice Lords" Robin one day, just add a few stripes of white on his sleeves with WhiteOut! Saw a regularly colored one (with the darn cloth cape) and will pick him up eventually. All of this was while I was out of town (and therefore bored). Need to make it back by my local BL to see if they still have a bunch of the Penguins like they did a few months back, really should have gotten him. Had to go to 3 BLs before I found a darker-colored Hawkman 3-pack, all the light-colored ones just looked off and had him cross-eyed.

But yeah, I've turned down the single silver Batgirls but will pick one up if I see it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:09 pm 
Damage Control

So they are the ones in the funky colors?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:17 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

stcardinal wrote:
So they are the ones in the funky colors?

The single packs are the ones in the funky colors or silver, the 2 packs are almost right on Robin, Nigthwing and Catwoman, Joker is a little off and Two-Face's suit is grey on one side and plaid on the other...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:18 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Oh, excellent! I still need the Nightwing pack, so I have to go and check things out soon.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:58 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

lance wrote:
I got them too. Big Lots has them since early of last year...

The figs that you see here all came from the single packs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:24 pm 
Knows his stuff

I just broke down and got the "Battle Scars" Batman/Catwoman 2-pack the other day, since I hemmed and hawed and ended up missing her around the time I first started collecting JLU. Both of my local Big Lots have had plenty of Batman/Joker 2-packs for over a year, but the rest became scarce until they started restocking all of them this week. I've ended up with the Robin, Joker, and silver Batgirl thanks to these 2-packs as well, but never bothered with Two-Face, Nightwing, or the single-carded Penguin because I either don't like the figures or don't like the characters.

I really wish I was a customizer, since Catwoman is crying out for some sculpted yellow goggles and an actual skin tone on her face, painted over her weird cyanotic hue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:51 am 
An Insider

I went there the other day looking for Cyborg Superman and JLU Hawkman. I just picked up a bunch of two faces the other day for customs. I also picked up a six inch Joker/Batman two pack, since it looks like the next joker coming out is not a new sculpt but some kind of orange repaint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:56 am 
Damage Control

The Batgirl from the Battle scars Catwoman Attacks 4-pack is SO easy to custumize into a regular Bargirl. I did it with mine. The Battle scars are only on the black parts of her costume, which are painted with a matte black. All you need to do is paint some black acryllic paint over them, and you're good to go! No need to hunt for that hard to find Shin Tzu edition! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:07 pm 
Tis' but a pup

unfortunately here in my country don´t have this stores, but it´s funny cause just a couple of days ago I bought on ebay the 2 pack Batman-Catwoman, I still need the Two Face, The Penguin and the Joker from mattel

Post subject: Batgirl Two Pack
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:36 pm 
I actually came across one of the two packs with the batgirl with no symbol on her chest. :D