Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: How many JLU characters per wave?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:26 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

With the rebranding of the animated-style line, I still think that the focus should be at least 50% on producing characters that appeared on the JLU show. There are too many 'major' characters that were a big part of the show that have not been produced yet, and even as cool as the DCAU concept is...the focus should not be on that. JLU characters should still be the focus of the line.

Yea or nay?

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:32 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

I would say 50 % is about right. There ares till characters from the show that need made and then we can be surprised with whatever non show goodies go into the assortments as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:43 am 
Bob Vila

Yeah, the rebranded line should still seek to fill out the JLU roster of characters as its priority, with characters from the other DCAU shows next, then comic only characters after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:26 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I think it is more realistic to think that they will use the expanded character selection to keep the line going, maybe add new fans, while at the same time slip us the JLU stuff. As much as I don't necessarily care about more variants of Batman and Superman (but I'll still probably buy them), I would be surprised if comic accurate variants/versions of the big characters don't anchor the line, and the JLU stuff is thrown in here and there. For example, if they keep doing 3-packs, I would bet 1 of the 3 would be JLU related most of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:54 am 
Joint Unfreezer

50% is fine I suppose, but when you can draw from the various Batman and Superman series as well as Teen Titans and all of their related comics ... why set a limit?

Mind you, most of my wants are from JLU (LOD, LSH, GLC) but I'd really prefer a broad range of characters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:33 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

What also confounds me is why they haven't released show-accurate variants of the big three. The resistance-leader Batman from the Vandal Savage arc, the bearded Superman from the same shows, etc.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:35 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

JQ3x29yz4a wrote:
50% is fine I suppose, but when you can draw from the various Batman and Superman series as well as Teen Titans and all of their related comics ... why set a limit?

Well, that was kinda my point. I still see JLU as being the priority of the line. I'd prefer they continue as fast as they can in getting out the rest of the characters from the show, or at least the 'major' ones left to do before delving into DCAU Power Girl, Firestorm, Phantom Stranger, etc.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject: Re: How many JLU characters per wave?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:51 am 
Killer Mothman

marillion wrote:
There are too many 'major' characters that were a big part of the show that have not been produced yet

Define 'major'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:14 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Speaking roles, character development, screen time.

Devil Ray, Killer Frost, Giganta, Dr. Polaris, Mr. Terrific, Toyman, Cheetah, Batman Beyond, Warhawk, Longshadow, Captain Marvel, Captain Atom, The Question, STRIPE, Deadman, Adult Static.

Characters like that. :D

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:34 pm 
Factory Worker

Mattel nor DC have the rights to Static or his characters

I'd say 60% JLU, 25% DCAU (BTAS, TNBA, etc), and 15% comics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:43 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

At this point we still don't really know what's going to happen to the line. I'd say that from the slide with "most wanted" characters on it that the scale will probably stay the same, but the Leigionaires, Titans, even Krypto's cast could end up part of the line...

I gotta wonder if Mattel got the Titans molds from Bandai with the deal? Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy and Raven don't look too off-scale but I would hope that new Cyborg and Slade molds would be made if they plan to re-use Bandai molds...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:49 pm 
Bob Vila

Jim_Abell wrote:
I gotta wonder if Mattel got the Titans molds from Bandai with the deal? Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy and Raven don't look too off-scale but I would hope that new Cyborg and Slade molds would be made if they plan to re-use Bandai molds...

I hope not, after hearing that Bruce Timm wil be doing some new character designs for the new line, I'd rather see his take on the Teen Titans than the designs of the show. I really hated those steel toe cap "slippers" on Robin's boots, they looked rubbish!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:59 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

elvis8batman wrote:
I hope not, after hearing that Bruce Timm wil be doing some new character designs for the new line, I'd rather see his take on the Teen Titans than the designs of the show. I really hated those steel toe cap "slippers" on Robin's boots, they looked rubbish!!!!

If they were going to do the Titans in the line I'd really think they'd stick to something close to the animation if not using the Bandai molds.

Mattel's already got their own TNBA Robin mold that I'm sure will get some more use. I could also see them doing a BTAS Robin at some point...

Anyway, I really hope that they'll use this "new" line to put out "show accurate" versions of sculpts that they've already got in use...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:25 pm 
Prototype

I'd say 50 or 60% JLU sounds fine with me. Like marillion said I want major JLU characters like Captain Atom, The Question, Cheetah, Gigtana, Killer Frost, Atomic Skill, Mongul, etc. before Firestorm, Black Lightning and Blue Beetle even though I want those characters very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:25 pm 
Resin

I think the first half of 2008 should be:

3 Packs: 2 JLU, 1 expanded DCAU
Singles: 50/50

The second half of 2008 should move to:
3 Packs: 1 JLU, 2 expanded DCAU
Singles: 33% JLU, 66% eDCAU, 1% Love