Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:02 am 
Prototype

Thanks for the info, Julius. Glad ToyGuru is keeping in touch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:20 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

marillion wrote:
BamBam wrote:
Just to back up Dan, a Mattel toy designer at an SDCC AFI panel let it slip that they just received 3 new figures from their sculpt vendor. Of course, he could not tell us who the characters are. They have to get their paintjobs done, then multiple rounds of approval (Mattel upper management, DC, Warner Animation, etc.) before they can announce anything.

I wish they'd say how many figures are planned for the next batch. They don't have to name names, just give a number. What is the harm in that? ;)

Peace,

Chip

Hey Chip, at least 3 accordingl to BamBam. That should help narrow it down... sorry couldn't resist.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:07 pm 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

My uneducated guess tells me that there might be 4 to 5 new figures, 6 max in the next singles wave of JLU. 3 will definitely be new, the rest probably just repaints. The 3 new ones will most likely be Captain Marvel, Cheetah, and Blackhawk. One of the repaints may be a new Booster, based on Toy Guru's comments in another thread, also a possible repaint, Red Tornado, but Booster is the most likely candidate for the next wave. Other possible repaints may be something in the vein of the Red Hood, easy to do with an old character that is also a two in one type deal. Those are my thoughts, they mean nothing, take them for what they're worth, a measley two cents...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:49 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Masked Avenger wrote:
My uneducated guess tells me that there might be 4 to 5 new figures, 6 max in the next singles wave of JLU. 3 will definitely be new, the rest probably just repaints. The 3 new ones will most likely be Captain Marvel, Cheetah, and Blackhawk. One of the repaints may be a new Booster, based on Toy Guru's comments in another thread, also a possible repaint, Red Tornado, but Booster is the most likely candidate for the next wave. Other possible repaints may be something in the vein of the Red Hood, easy to do with an old character that is also a two in one type deal. Those are my thoughts, they mean nothing, take them for what they're worth, a measley two cents...

How is Blackhawk "likely"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:56 am 
Collector Inspector

darkknight30 wrote:
Masked Avenger wrote:

How is Blackhawk "likely"?

Well he was shown in the slide that said Mattel "Hears us".

Either way it's good to know the Toy Guru will update us when he gets a chance. I know we're all chomping at the bits for some JL news...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:05 am 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

I'm almost positive Captain Marvel and Cheetah will be in the next batch, Blackhawk is not that much of a longshot, also Mr. Terrific might be the third. I think the third character is where most of the speculation should lie. Also that wave might feature a character from the 3-packs that hasn't gotten it's on single with an added accessory, possibly Stargirl or Hawkman. And Green Arrow may be due for some sort of pointless repaint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:17 am 
Joint Unfreezer

I was told by someone before comic con that there was a Cpt. Marvel,Cpt.Atrom,and Cheetah figures and I was told they would be at SDCC, they obviously weren't. I don't know if he was wrong or they just weren't shown. He was right about DCUC wave 1 and 2 so I don't imagine he is wrong. Maybe Mattel just couldn't get them done in time. Who knows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:38 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Okay, I didn't know his picture was shown at SDCC! My apologies! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:42 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

The slide from the presentation :

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:11 am 
Former King of Posts

the odd thing about this pic is that it includes Capt Atom which we now know is still an "issue".

There is also the possibility of characters outside the JLU show now. I think after Red Hood, we should expect someone from that category.

Super Powers has been mentioned as well, maybe someone that was made in that line which has yet to be made in JLU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:35 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

superfriend wrote:
Super Powers has been mentioned as well, maybe someone that was made in that line which has yet to be made in JLU.

Cyclotron!!! ;)

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:26 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Golden Pharoah was way cooler!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:38 am 
shirtless hugger

Tyr was better than both of those chumps! Hell, he was the only non-Batman/Superman rogue from the Super Powers toy line, if memory serves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:08 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Every one of you is wrong. Samurai for the win.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:42 pm 
shirtless hugger

texgnome1 wrote:
Every one of you is wrong. Samurai for the win.

Kazi No Yo Ni Hyaku! Check out this page, which I found thanks to Chip:
http://seanbaby.com/superfriends/samurai.htm

Warning, expect language and hilarious insights to the Superfriends! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next