Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:41 pm 
Resin

Fone Bone wrote:
The distribution problem is HUGE. I seriously think that Mattel should just start shipping out all of the recent waves again along with the last few figures of the year before Toyfair. They keep saying they are fixing the problem but I've seen absolutely no sign that that is the case.

With TG stating that distribution would be one of the things that would be addressed with the new deal/rebranding, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the harder to find characters (i.e. Volcana, Stargirl, etc.) are made more available, ideally with more variety in the selection of future characters... but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has surmised this...
Here's to hopin'
Derb-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:34 pm 
Collector Inspector

Whats kinda neat for me is in the last few days Ive hit a place were im actually kinda content with the JLU I have and decided that trying to go that extra mile to get them will only make me madder and more upset.
I cancelled my preorders on bbts. Im actually at peace with that.
If I ever see them im stores, ill get them, or if bbts finally, actually gets them in.
But until then, im just not gonna go out of my way. Just seems that its not worth to get this hyped up over a toyline.
Kinda still holding out hope though that biglots will become the place to get the remaining and hard to find JLU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:43 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Marc wrote:
I haven't found any new figures in a year and a half. Have I quit buying this line or did it quit me?

I was thinking something similiar this morning as I was leaving a Target that had a bunch of Trinity packs and nothing else... It reminded me of this thread.

For me there is no difference between quitting the line and not quitting the line. My results are the same! No new figures! :lol:

I'd probably feel differently if I had found the Star Saphire and Big Barda packs when many of you had found them. But having missed that golden window I'm now just feeling very fatigued with the line. I'm starting to feel OK with not having a complete set of every unique character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:04 am 
Former King of Posts

I'm actually concerned now when I go out that I will find the Hawkman packs and have to finally admit I've missed all the inbetween stuff for good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:33 am 
Collector Inspector

I understand your pain superfriend.

Its kinda the same reason why Ive kinda given up.
When I saw that biglots had a ton of the newest wave and none of the previous, I kinda knew that the boat had sailed.
We all ran into this same problem with Stargirl and Volcana. If you didnt get them while they were out the first time, you missed them completely.
Although were still getting reports of some people finding Barda etc... at TRU, their far and few between.
Also yesterday at my target they had gotten in a case of new JLU. Cant decide if this is good or annoying because it was this case ... http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Probably only missed Volcana by a few hours So maybe Ill luck out and catch up due to targets lazyness and slowness.
But like I said in an earlier post, ive decided to be happy and not bend over backwards for toys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:28 am 
5" Scale

I gave up. I love the line, and am continuing to customize the characters that are not yet made, or are unmakeable, but I think I have to stick to ebay from here on in. I'm all caught up now, only because I waited to find decent deals on ebay, but I haven't seen anything new since Nemesis, Lightray and the Shade.

After going to my Target twice a week for six weeks, while people around the country were reporting finds of new JLU, and not seeing anything (Literally, anything at all) new on the shelves, I just got tired of looking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:47 pm 
I will keep collecting this line until it dies. I plan to get every major release save for Hal Jordan. This is hands down the greatest, most in scale, and complete line up of DC uiverse characters we can ever hope to get. With only a year or so of life left in the line I actually await the end so I can build a case to house each and every character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:00 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

jpgubicza wrote:
With only a year or so of life left in the line I actually await the end so I can build a case to house each and every character.

Same here, I want as many characters released as possible before the line ends, but when it does, thats when I can set about building a big display case that has space for every figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:26 pm 
Prototype

Great idea about building a display case. That's something I would consider doing myself. Right now I kind of stick figures in randomly when I get them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:58 pm 
Factory Worker

Cantina-Dan wrote:
Marc wrote:
I haven't found any new figures in a year and a half. Have I quit buying this line or did it quit me?

I was thinking something similiar this morning as I was leaving a Target that had a bunch of Trinity packs and nothing else... It reminded me of this thread.

For me there is no difference between quitting the line and not quitting the line. My results are the same! No new figures! :lol:

I'd probably feel differently if I had found the Star Saphire and Big Barda packs when many of you had found them. But having missed that golden window I'm now just feeling very fatigued with the line. I'm starting to feel OK with not having a complete set of every unique character.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:38 am 
If you remember that old Wizard Alex Ross spotlight issue where he had each and every Superpowers figure in its own slot in a plexiglass case, that is what I am looking to make...