Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Resculpting Early BTAS and STAS molds for new DCAU line?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:36 am 
Resin

Would people be interested in getting a new animated mold of say:

Batman?
Robin (DG)?
Superman?
Gordon?
Lois?
Jimmy?

I would like to see new molds of these characters (or first molds in Jimmy's case) especially if it meant getting the whole line to run longer by including big name characters in a new way. I guess it really depends on how much JLU morphs from a budget line and into a collector's line when it becomes DCAU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:01 am 
Killer Mothman

If they turn out like the previous animated figures (2 packs) then no thanks to this idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:44 am 
Resin

Scott Rogers wrote:
If they turn out like the previous animated figures (2 packs) then no thanks to this idea.

But those were just repaints, right? I'm talking about brand new figs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:52 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

I would like to see this, some of the BTAS figures are pretty poor by todays sculpting standards. We never got a decent Dick Grayson Robin in that line, just a new head on the Batman Returns Robin body. Plus a Gordon from that line in his trench coat would be cool.

I think if your looking at doing characters from STAS onwards, the designs are pretty much the same from then onto JLU, I know Superman changed a bit but for the most part they all carried over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:17 am 
Cold-cast

nightwing wrote:
Scott Rogers wrote:

But those were just repaints, right? I'm talking about brand new figs.

actually all of the 2 pack figures were totally new sculpts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:00 pm 
Prototype

I would like to see new sculpts for The Creeper, Lois and Gordon. I think the Robin, Batgirl, Joker, Penguin, Catwoman and Two Face that Mattel sculpted were awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:40 pm 
I though the Hasbro Creeper was PERFECT! I would like to see Gordon resculpted ONLY if he was based on the original BTAS design and was wearing a trenchcoat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:58 pm 
Damage Control

riddler2403 wrote:
I would like to see new sculpts for The Creeper, Lois and Gordon. I think the Robin, Batgirl, Joker, Penguin, Catwoman and Two Face that Mattel sculpted were awesome.

They need to put out a correct colors Batgirl, Robin, Two face, peguin, and catwoman on single cards. I'm still kinda pissed that you needed to buy a video game to get a correct colors Mattel Batgirl. Oh, and put plastic capes on BG and Robin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:47 pm 
I would like Robin, Nightwing and Maxima.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:07 pm 
The Last Word

riddler2403 wrote:
I think the Robin, Batgirl, Joker, Penguin, Catwoman and Two Face that Mattel sculpted were awesome.

Agreed. The Batgirl that came with Rise Of Sin Tzu was perfect, as was the Catwoman. I want a new Harley sculpt more than anything else from the old series, but an updated Ivy and Scarecrow would be nice, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:23 pm 
I wonder why everybody is so picky nowadays? I personally thought the Kenner/Hasbro versions of Harley, the original Scarecrow and Ivy were pretty much perfect and still look great with Mattel's stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:00 pm 
serves the Otter

Caped Crusader wrote:
Agreed. The Batgirl that came with Rise Of Sin Tzu was perfect, as was the Catwoman.
I agree, as a standalone line, they WERE perfect. thing is, alongside the new female sculpts, they look odd.

Mattel Catwoman head on, say, the new generic JLU body would work great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:33 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Christophe wrote:

No see this would be wrong because it has high heels. Mattel need to make a set of legs for that basic female sculpt WITHOUT HEELS!!! Then you could use it for Catwoman, Killer Frost, Crimson Fox, Ice (if they ever re-release her as a single after the 3 pack) and many more female characters now they have the full DCAU licsence. I really want these figurse to be as on model as possible and this is a simple step towards that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:43 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Dr.Mirakle32 wrote:
I wonder why everybody is so picky nowadays? I personally thought the Kenner/Hasbro versions of Harley, the original Scarecrow and Ivy were pretty much perfect and still look great with Mattel's stuff.

Yes, but it's been over 5 years since there was a Hasbro Harley or Ivy in production, even longer for Scarecrow and the TNBA version was never done. Not everyone was collecting when the BTAS, STAS and Batman Beyond stuff were available, sure some of it can be had cheap but not all of it, plus the STAS and BB stuff were generally way over-posed and way over-sized to fit in with even the Batman stuff of the same time period, much less the JLU stuff of today... I'm pretty sure that I've got a complete set of BTAS, STAS, Batman Beyond and TNBA characters that Hasbro/Kenner released but I'd be more than happy to buy them again for better versions that are using modern toy making techniques.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:50 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Christophe wrote:
I agree, as a standalone line, they WERE perfect. thing is, alongside the new female sculpts, they look odd.

I think it's the "attitude pose" that Catwoman and Batgirl have that might be making them look odd next to the newer females. Personally, I like that body because it gives Mattel a fourth female body to work with if they'd ever use it in the JLU line (plus it's not so "stiff" like the heeled body). It's got flat feet and is perfect for the some of the more petite females like the new costume Supergirl, Crimson Fox, Killer Frost, Gypsy, Aquagirl, Tala. Ice would have been better with the Hawkgirl body and I pretty much expect to see Dee Dee made from Supergirl, but I soooooo hope not...