Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: "New" TNBA singles found
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:07 am 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1279
Location: Eugene, OR
I found another round of single-carded TNBA Batman figures at Albertson's (grocery store). They are simply reissues of the two-pack versions, with no new paint decoes. I found the following among the three stores that had them:

Two-Face (from Tech Suit Batman 2-pack)
Catwoman (black outfit from 2-pack)
Battle Scars Batman (from Catwoman 2-pack)
The Joker

The card backs also list Batgirl, Nightwing, Robin and Penguin, so it's possible they are also the 2-pack versions issued individually. It's also possible that these four are it for this release.

I imagine that KB and Big Lots will get these eventually. I found Batman in California, and the rest here in Oregon.

Image

Image

_________________
My DCAU Collection 1/30 - All 2011 JLU sets added!
DC Universe 12/15 - DC and Batman Unlimited!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:09 am 
Dog Squeezer
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 879
Location: Rochester, NY
Thanks for posting this Ham Salad! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a show-accurate Batgirl!

_________________
Check out the NEW Hall of Justice Forums at:



Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:10 am 
Prototype
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 7237
Location: Maryland
Interesting. I had no idea these were being released as singles.

_________________
Please visit us at the Hall: http://hallofjustice1.proboards77.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:16 am 
User avatar
PVC
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 153
Hey guys, my local Big Lots has had these for months. They have the 2 packs and singles of all the figures you mentioned. The other store where I have seen the singles is Family Dollar.

I think the singles here are $3 and the 2 packs are $6.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:29 am 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1279
Location: Eugene, OR
Big Lots, Family Dollar, and KB have had single figures previously, but these four are newly issued. The previous releases are as follows:

Wave 1 (2004~2005)
Batman (silver)
Robin (silver)
Batgirl (silver)
Nightwing (silver)
The Pegnuin

Wave 2 (2006)
Batman (brownish-orange)
Robin (blue)
The Joker (lavender with playing card suit design)
Two-Face (gray, and prison stripe suit)
Catwoman (reddish-orange with white tiger stripes)

I am posting about this new wave of singles, all of which have been released before in two-packs.

Wave 3 (2007)
Batman (Catwoman 2-pack reissue)
Catwoman (Catwoman 2-pack reissue)
The Joker (Joker 2-pack reissue)
Two Face (Two-Face 2-pack reissue)[/u]

_________________
My DCAU Collection 1/30 - All 2011 JLU sets added!
DC Universe 12/15 - DC and Batman Unlimited!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:19 pm 
Tis' but a pup
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 37
Location: Atlanta, GA
I would love to find these as I bought the 2 packs the other day just to get the non-Batman figures. If I could return the 2 packs and purchase the singles it would save me $$. None of my local Big Lots have the singles and we don't have Albertsons here :x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:42 pm 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10682
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
Karman wrote:
I would love to find these as I bought the 2 packs the other day just to get the non-Batman figures. If I could return the 2 packs and purchase the singles it would save me $$. None of my local Big Lots have the singles and we don't have Albertsons here :x


Not sure that Big Lots would be getting this batch of singles considering that they've just gotten in new shipments of the two packs with the same figures, but hopefully they will... Family Dollar has been a big supporter of the singles in the past, keep checking in there they'll probably show up pretty soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:30 pm 
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 426
Ham, how much were they at Albertson's?

Power Guy, you're best bet to find these would be Cub Foods, since SuperValu owns both Cub and Albertsons. Although, Albertsons has shelf space for toys, while Cub usually doesn't.

_________________
"Collecting JLU makes me feel like I'm in an abusive relationship"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:38 pm 
User avatar
PVC
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 153
Ham Salad wrote:
I am posting about this new wave of singles, all of which have been released before in two-packs.

Wave 3 (2007)
Batman (Catwoman 2-pack reissue)
Catwoman (Catwoman 2-pack reissue)
The Joker (Joker 2-pack reissue)
Two Face (Two-Face 2-pack reissue)[/u]


Yes, I am talking about the ones in the pictures you posted. I bought those singles (except for Batman) a few months ago. I think I got them at a local Family Dollar. I also saw a normal red colored Robin single and possibly a Batgirl. She wasn't silver, but I don't recall much about her.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:45 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 73
Location: Bay Area, CA
lint wrote:
Ham Salad wrote:
I am posting about this new wave of singles, all of which have been released before in two-packs.

Wave 3 (2007)
Batman (Catwoman 2-pack reissue)
Catwoman (Catwoman 2-pack reissue)
The Joker (Joker 2-pack reissue)
Two Face (Two-Face 2-pack reissue)[/u]


Yes, I am talking about the ones in the pictures you posted. I bought those singles (except for Batman) a few months ago. I think I got them at a local Family Dollar. I also saw a normal red colored Robin single and possibly a Batgirl. She wasn't silver, but I don't recall much about her.


QFT, I have seen these as well in KB's...but they were also a few months ago, so technically they could be 2007...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:29 pm 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1279
Location: Eugene, OR
manthing wrote:
Ham, how much were they at Albertson's?


These were $4.99 at my Albertson's.

lint wrote:
Yes, I am talking about the ones in the pictures you posted. I bought those singles (except for Batman) a few months ago. I think I got them at a local Family Dollar. I also saw a normal red colored Robin single and possibly a Batgirl. She wasn't silver, but I don't recall much about her.


Okay, I just wanted to make sure that you were speaking of the same ones I posted. Your post gave me the impression that you were talking about singles and 2-packs in general. :)

pscloud wrote:
I have seen these as well in KB's...


Good to know these are showing up in stores other than close outs and grocery stores.

_________________
My DCAU Collection 1/30 - All 2011 JLU sets added!
DC Universe 12/15 - DC and Batman Unlimited!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:56 am 
Dog Squeezer
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 879
Location: Rochester, NY
manthing wrote:
Ham, how much were they at Albertson's?

Power Guy, you're best bet to find these would be Cub Foods, since SuperValu owns both Cub and Albertsons. Although, Albertsons has shelf space for toys, while Cub usually doesn't.






Thanks for the tip! I have a Cub Foods about 2 min from my place. I'll have to stop by one of these next few days!

_________________
Check out the NEW Hall of Justice Forums at:



Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:43 pm 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1783
I went to my local Albertson's - no BTAS figs so I stopped by a Lucky's later on and found everything pictured in Ham Salad's original post except for Catwoman. They were "bonus buy" specials for $3.99 but I bought only the Two Face.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: