Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:12 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Forgot but I saw the 8 pack with Dark Phoenix, War Machine and US Agent at TRU last Thursday ($30) and Target had 3 of the latest Marvel wave (Iceman/Beast was missing). Also, the Spider-Man vehicles are showing up at Wal-Mart, too ($10), and they also had the newest wave of Robot Heroes (movie style).

Alcatraz, did BBTS have a shipping date for the ones you ordered?

I am sooooooooooooo far behind I'm not sure I'll ever get caught up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:51 pm 
Damage Control

Don't hold me to it, but I believe the wave5 date at BBTS says November. I'm still debating on preordering that wave. We never got anything past waves 1-2 around here so online was the way to go with 3-4, BUT there are more in wave 5 we don't want (me and the kids) than we do.

Want = Black Panther, Storm, Loki, Annilihus, Dr. Strange, Antman, Rouge, Gambit, Pyro

Don't want = another Thor, another johnny/torch, another wolverine, de-iced Iceman, Ult Cap, Ult Fury.

I figure I'll break down and preorder them though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:53 pm 
Unbreakable

BBTS does have them slated for a November release. I went ahead and preordered since this is my favorite line out there right now. I can't wait for that Dr. Strange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:38 pm 
Knows his stuff

Jim_Abell wrote:
Forgot but I saw the 8 pack with Dark Phoenix, War Machine and US Agent at TRU last Thursday ($30) and Target had 3 of the latest Marvel wave (Iceman/Beast was missing). Also, the Spider-Man vehicles are showing up at Wal-Mart, too ($10), and they also had the newest wave of Robot Heroes (movie style).

Alcatraz, did BBTS have a shipping date for the ones you ordered?

I am sooooooooooooo far behind I'm not sure I'll ever get caught up...

If you have a Meijer near you, it's possible to find the collector pack for $20.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:45 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

lobsterfish wrote:
If you have a Meijer near you, it's possible to find the collector pack for $20.

Ooops! Typo... I meant $20.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:02 pm 
proverbial old fart

Are there any pictures of Wave 5 yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:09 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Glenn2000 wrote:

Hasbro had them on display at SDCC (maybe 6, too...) but I don't think any press release shots are out yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:18 pm 
proverbial old fart

Thanks, Jim! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:51 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Jim_Abell wrote:
Glenn2000 wrote:

Hasbro had them on display at SDCC (maybe 6, too...) but I don't think any press release shots are out yet.

Actually, Hasbro did release press release shots of Series 5 and 6 and Spider-Man Series 4 and 5 to Marvelousnews.com. Here's the links. For some reason, they forgot to send along the hi-res picture of Ultimate Fury. And here's hi-res pictures of the Apocalypse and Ultimate Giant Man also. You may have seen the Spider-Man ones, but I reposted anyway. :)

SHS Series V: - http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?cati ... emid=11046

Storm & Black Panther
Captain America & Nick Fury
Wolverine & Chopper
Human Torch & Annihilus

SHS Series VI: - http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?cati ... emid=11047

Iceman & Pyro
Thor & Loki
Gambit & Rogue
Dr. Strange & Ant-Man

SHS Mega-Packs Series II - http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?cati ... emid=11066

Apocalypse & Beast (Flocked)
Ultimate Giant Man & Ultimate Iron Man

SM SHS Series IV: - http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?cati ... emid=11003

Spider-Man & Mysterio
Spider-Man & Black Cat
Venom & Puma

SM SHS Series V: - http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?cati ... emid=11082

- Sandman/Venom
- Black Costume Spider-Man/Kraven The Hunter
- Spider-Man/Vulture

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:00 am 
Knows his stuff

they showed a ton more too, with prof x. and kitty i can't wait

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:33 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Thanks for the links, Beast. If they don't end up here, RTM, TNI or SHT I never know they exist...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:02 am 
Santos L. Halper

Saw the new TRU exclusive pack yesterday. Was the only one they had and was very disappointed in it. First, the paint jobs were terrible, especially yellow Daredevil. Second, I thought there would be some new sculpts, but there just all repaints. The Dr. Doom and Dr. Octopus aren't even in the case, they're just icons on the packaging. Maybe I'll get it at a later date when I find a case with a better paint job, but I'd rather focus on finding new sculpts right now then re-paints of SHS that I already have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:55 am 

Jim_Abell wrote:
Thanks for the links, Beast. If they don't end up here, RTM, TNI or SHT I never know they exist...

Welcome. :)
Krypton1976 wrote:
Saw the new TRU exclusive pack yesterday. Was the only one they had and was very disappointed in it. First, the paint jobs were terrible, especially yellow Daredevil. Second, I thought there would be some new sculpts, but there just all repaints. The Dr. Doom and Dr. Octopus aren't even in the case, they're just icons on the packaging. Maybe I'll get it at a later date when I find a case with a better paint job, but I'd rather focus on finding new sculpts right now then re-paints of SHS that I already have.

It's not actually a TRU exclusive. Not sure why it's marked one. In fact, for some reason most TRUs are selling it for a substantial mark-up over what you can buy it online for even. EE and BBTS are around or even under $25, IIRC. Hell, Meijer's has it for $20 instead of TRU's $30.

As for the repaint issue, it doesn't bother me that much with this line. Considering for the most part they make sense. Dark Phoenix, FA Daredevil, War Machine, U.S. Agent, Comic Spidey, etc. I'd rather them do a variant boxset then try to do running changes in the SHS line.

The only problem I have with the line at all is the numerous Spider-Man figures they keep releasing. Sure, most of them are new sculpts... but I don't need 20 Spider-Man figures just to get the 20 villains. I wouldn't mind so much if it was different Spidey costumes. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:57 am 
ABS

Beast wrote:
The only problem I have with the line at all is the numerous Spider-Man figures they keep releasing. Sure, most of them are new sculpts... but I don't need 20 Spider-Man figures just to get the 20 villains. I wouldn't mind so much if it was different Spidey costumes. ;)

Iron Spider
Spider - Ham
Zombie Spiderman
Ricochet, Hornet, Dusk, Prodigy
Scarlet Spider (Ben)
Spider Man 2099
Negative Zone Spidey
Spider Armour

There are a lot of pics at this thread... http://boards.ign.com/spider_man/b6322/115379215/p1/

I wouldn't mind them giving us a couple of these alternate Peter Parkers, alternate costumes just to break the monotony.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:11 am 

woodsmok1227 wrote:
Beast wrote:

Iron Spider
Spider - Ham
Zombie Spiderman
Ricochet, Hornet, Dusk, Prodigy
Scarlet Spider (Ben)
Spider Man 2099
Negative Zone Spidey
Spider Armour

There are a lot of pics at this thread... http://boards.ign.com/spider_man/b6322/115379215/p1/

I wouldn't mind them giving us a couple of these alternate Peter Parkers, alternate costumes just to break the monotony.

I don't know about Zombie Spider-Man in the line...

But exactly. There's so much potential, but we keep getting the same Spidey.

Thankfully there's another Black Costume one coming up. But it's just a "repaint".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next