Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Holy Crap! Joker figure WAAAY to small!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:57 am 
...I recently got my hands on Two-Face (awesome dang figure!) & pulled out my other DCSH figures... Good Gravy! :shock: That 4H Joker, while a great sculpt, is just WAY too short! (yes, I know it's productions' fault, not the 4H) Beyond the articulation being crap, he looks like a 12-year old when you put him next to Two-Face, who's like what, 6"1? And even worse next to Scarecrow, who's 6"4 or 6"6 if I recall rightly. Joker is supposed to be at least 6"2!! I beg of ya, Mattel... re-do this figure completely! Let the 4H sculpt it, but make it taller & put the articulation on par with the rest of the recen DCSH, pretty-pleeze!! Throw in a pistol, maybe even a cloth trenchcoat & removable hat? As Bats' primary foe, he deserves better treatment!!! Ok, rant over...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:38 pm 
Prototype

I agree with all those points. The sculpt is great but he is way out of scale compared to the rest. I expect to see a new sculpt at some point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:02 pm 
serves the Otter

Yeah, we've talked about that one before, but he's way too out of scale to even be plausible. I'm pretty forgiving on scale issues, but wow. Waaaaaaay too small.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:06 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

I'm actually planning to get a couple of those packs just to have parts for female customs. Joker's hands and arms would be about the right size for a DCSH female body, don'tcha think?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:49 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Hush joker for me (at the moment)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:01 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I know, I already have two of these figures from ebay lots I bought, so I didn't even want to pick up the two packs I saw at Big Lots anyway, but you are right about the size being way too small and the articulation (and preposed stance) making this figure undesirable.

I had hoped that a NEW sculpt would be coming in the DCSH line, but was dismayed to see it will still be this figure, only with orange pants.

Guess I'll have to use the Hush, Unmasked Red Hood or Long Halloween Jokers, even though they are not perfect either, especially in articulation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:49 pm 
Prototype

What do you guys think is the best DC Direct Joker to display with DCSH? Long Halloween, HUSH or something else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:59 pm 
Damage Control

Right now I've got the SA Joker and Penquin standing in with DCSH until suitable replacements arrive. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:30 pm 
5th Horseman

The Joker was the first Mattel DC figure I bought and I thought he was awesome. I still do, but recognize he's small. I think with The Dark Knight, and more so, a Harley figure on the way, a new Joker will definitely be made in 2008 for DCUC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:49 am 
PVC

ditko wrote:
The Joker was the first Mattel DC figure I bought and I thought he was awesome. I still do, but recognize he's small. I think with The Dark Knight, and more so, a Harley figure on the way, a new Joker will definitely be made in 2008 for DCUC.

The whole DC universe is now available to Mattel, and you think they'll go back and re-do a Joker figure less than a year after its first release in the line? I have my doubts.

Wakko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:09 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Wakko wrote:
ditko wrote:

The whole DC universe is now available to Mattel, and you think they'll go back and re-do a Joker figure less than a year after its first release in the line? I have my doubts.

I'd say it's a good shot considering Joker is the main villain of The Dark Knight. Yeah, we're gonna get a 6" movie version from the 4H, but I think Mattel will probably have a new one out on the pegs in the regular DCUC line by the time TDK DVD hits. And it would still be the first version of Joker in DCUC as the one hitting now is in the last wave of DCSH... (I know it's splitting hairs, but it seems like the retailers are going to be treating this as an all new line so what has come before in DCSH or the comic Batman line won't necessarily be a restriction -- plus, it's The Joker, DC's most recognizable villain!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:33 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Was looking at the DC Wiki earlier and it has Joker listed as being 6"5" -- as much too small as the DCSH one is, I hope any future ones aren't quite that tall. Was thinking about it and if the 4H did it right (and why wouldn't they?... :wink: ) a new Joker body could be used for at least three different versions of Joker (tail coat, trench coat and Red Hood) with some new pieces *AND* it could also be used for Alfred, Gentleman Ghost and John Zatara. I know those are all pretty long-shot characters, but maybe in multi-packs of some sort?...