Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Would anybody want more Justice lords past the orig 7?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:46 am 
Damage Control

I was just thinking the other day, that out of a lot of the JLU artwork I do, a lot of interest goes towards different versions of the Justice Lords. I think HoJ had a custom compition to do different versions of the lords if other leaguers were part of that team (and it seemed pretty successful). Would anybody be interested in Mattel doing different versions of the Lords instead of getting the same figures in 3 packs and multipacks? Since most of the figures are base bodies anyway, it wouldn't cost that much money (maybe a little to design costumes, but lets face it, they all have pretty much the same design elements). I'd love a Dr. Fate Lord, or a lord version of Orion. I'd rather get these than the same figures over and over again. Comments?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:49 am 
Resin

Yes. Yes and Yes. Yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:53 am 
Dog Squeezer

If we have to get repaints of characters that we all have already, I think it would be a great idea to release them as Justice Lords. For example, the upcoming Flash/Dr Fate/Starman would be better if it was Flash/Justice Lord Dr Fate/Justice Lord Starman. At lease I can kinda look at them as new characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:54 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Umm---I guess a JLords repaint is better than a reissue or a camo-pattern, battle-damage, whatever repaint. Though I will always vote for saving as much budget as possible for all-new figs.

Additionally--I would love to see more of Veil1's JLord versions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:55 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

They're not something I'd go crazy over, but it'd be a great way to get rid of duplicates from the three packs. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:19 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

We did in fact have a custom contest at the hall - it was the one for July. There were over 20 entries, so there's definitely interest I would say. :D Heck, I did two entries myself.

But I'd love to see them do some more of these "officially". Be a good use for sticking more of the big three in the packages. Even in different colors, it was my understanding the Justice Lords they've done previously were pretty good sellers. I certainly didn't see any of them sit at retail for very long.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm 
Collector Inspector

not trying to beat a dead horse and I am a supporter of not making Hal but if they where to make justice lords of other characters this might be a way for them to make most happy. JL Hal and call him Parralax or somthing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:10 pm 
Prototype

I'd rather have civilian figures such as Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, John Jones, Wally West, Diana, John Stewart, Ray Palmer, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:24 pm 
Resin

riddler2403 wrote:
I'd rather have civilian figures such as Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, John Jones, Wally West, Diana, John Stewart, Ray Palmer, etc.

As fun as more Justice Lords would be, I TOTALLY agree with this sentiment. I can't believe we haven't seen a decent animated Clark Kent yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:38 pm 
Damage Control

riddler2403 wrote:

Well, duh. But the point of these would be to get other varients of these characters with no retooling and simply a new paint job. To get civilian versions, they'd all need to be new sculpts. You may as well say ' I'd rather have new members of LOD than alternate Justice lords'

I'm not trying to be rude, but the point of this thread is whether you'd be interested in these varients instead of the regular versions of the characters ad nauseum. Just trying to get an idea out there to Toy Guru. Obviously we would rather have new sculpts of civilian identities or new characters. I'm just trying to gauge interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:09 pm 
5" Scale

Yes, i would be very interested in Justice Lord repaints!

even though it takes away some of my customizing possiblities :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:22 pm 
Resin

I think I would most like to see a Justice Lords Green Arrow. But also Dr. Fate, Vigilante, Shining Knight (Fading Knight? Dimming Knight?), Black Canary, Huntress, Booster Gold and Zatanna.

You could also do a Brainiac repaint. Like the League has made him subservient.

Or a Justice Lords Deadshot or Copperhead. They really just for hire anyway.

How about taking the Shayera from Comic Con, repainting her as a "Justice Lord" that looks like the newer comics uniform (midriff with classic Hawk colors)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:26 pm 
serves the Otter

An unmasked Shayera as Hawkgirl in itself would be nice too. Or a White repaint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:42 pm 
Collector Inspector

Interested? Yea...I'll buy any of these crack rocks, no matter what shade of white they happen to be. I'd like to say I wouldn't be into 'em until everyone on the show had their due, but who am I kidding...I'd snap 'em up in a heartbeat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:56 pm 
shirtless hugger

YES. I love this idea, though I doubt Mattel will ever do it, we can hope. Then again, doing figure repaints to look like Lords isn't any different from Anti-AMAZO armor, is it?