Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: DCUC 2 packs for 2009 details from Mattel
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:55 pm 
Mattel Mogul

Hey toy fans,

So here is the deal with the new DCUC 2 packs and new IH Mallah's Revenge 6 packs that has shown up on some internet sites.

These are currently "proposed" packs which we would very much like to get to. What are the factors holding them up you say? Well fan interest that is what!

To generate this, we have offered these packs to online retailers in hopes of generating enough pre-sales and support going into production. If we do recieve that and can hit the minimum order quantity we need to go into production, these packs will roll out throughout 2009. Here is the skinny:

Batman vs Clayface

Batman will be in his black and gray costume with "mud splatter" effects. Clayface will be an exact reissue of this hard to find figure.

Superman vs Brainiac

This is proposed as a standard Superman figure (Eradicator head on the Wave 6 Superman body with red heat vision eyes) vs. Classic Brainiac (green head) with an all new head and coller piece. Brainic will come armed with Luthor's gun from the 2007 figure.

Supergirl vs. Luthor

This will be a reissue of the Blue outfit Kara Supergirl and the power suit Lex, but perhapes with a little surprise in the accessories!

Golden Age Hawk Pack

Two new figures to start your golden age collection.

So again, all of these packs are pending fan interest. Because they are not being carried (at this time) by any of the large box stores, we need to generate a minimum order before we can turn on the green light and go into production.

And while many may ask "why not sell these on MattyCollector.com?", well, that is because we have other more intensive packs with more obscure characters from the DC universe planned for the Matty.com offerings which are already going forward - check out the new issue of Toy Fare for a sneak peak at Alex Luthor and Ultraman. These 4 packs are meant to get harded to find figures back in collectors hands. (vs the Matty packs are all news characters in each pack).

If these packs do not get produced, we will try to work these characters back into the line down the road. But for now, the best way to show support for these packs is to place pre orders with your favorite online retailer today!

Also, look for a surprise reveal on MattyCollector.com right after Xmas this year!

Toy Guru

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:02 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Thanks for the news...Any chance of that black & gray Batman beinging released as a single without the mud splatters?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:06 pm 
PVC

I'm in for all of these except for the Supergirl and Lex pack. I'd be in for that pack if Supergirl was reconfigured into her classic costume (Crisis era would be cool) and Lex was done in his purple and green Super Friends era costume. Also, I think while the "dirt" idea is ok, more people would probably be interested in the black and grey bats without it.

Love the classic Supes/classic Braniac and Golden Age Hawk packs though! Too cool!

Is there a list of which online stores will be able to order these? Also, I get my figures from my local comic shop who has a direct account with Mattel. Will they be able to order them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:29 pm 
Damage Control

I'm only interested in the classic Brainiac set and even then I'm not keeping the Superman as I will have already done a headswap on the wave 6 version. This is great for those who missed Clayface and Supergirl though.
I"m not a GA fan so I have no desire for the GA Hawkman/Hawkwoman set.

Post subject: Re: DCUC 2 packs for 2009 details from Mattel
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:38 pm 
Resin

ToyGuru wrote:
Batman vs Clayface

Batman will be in his black and gray costume with "mud splatter" effects. Clayface will be an exact reissue of this hard to find figure.

Ditch the mud splatter "effects" and give Clayface plastic arms and it's a done deal.

ToyGuru wrote:
Superman vs Brianiac.

This is proposed as a standard Superman figure (Eradicator head on the Wave 6 Superman body with red heat vision eyes) vs. Classic Brainiac (green head) with an all new head and coller piece. Brainiac will come armed with Luthor's gun from the 2007 figure.

Why would you ever give Superman heat vision eyes? Who wants that? I don't think anyone would be upset if he had regular eyes with what is otherwise a great head, so what gives?

ToyGuru wrote:
Supergirl vs. Luthor

This will be a reissue of the Blue outfit Kara Supergirl and the power suit Lex, but perhapes with a little surprise in the accessories!

I hope I don't have to blow $20 on a "little surprise" just because I'm a loyal fan of the line and already own both of these figures. I feel like adding something new is kind of a slap in the face to people who bought these figures when they first came out.

I would be thrilled to pre-order IF I could see pictures with the above details changed, but as it stands, I'm sadly uninterested in what could an excellent offering.

***Also, I would have to add that I would be nervous about pre-ordering online exclusives with the quality control issues on the figures that everyone seems to be reporting. I usually order the figures online just to make sure I have one at all (in case I never see it in stores, which sometimes happens) but it's nice to be able to compare quality on figures and pick the best. The Matty Collector exclusives have shown great QC so far, but the Toys R Us 2-packs, have not had good QC reports on various boards.

Last edited by GoldBlade6 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:42 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Thanks ToyGuru, I love the idea of getting my hands on some of the figs I didn't have a chance to pick up before (being Canadian and all).

I would also say that the black & grey Batman would interest me more without the mud, And if Clayface had just regular plastic arms it would be more attractive to me as well.

I'd also echo the requests for just normal eyes on the Superman (just makes more sense to me) and I'd love to see the Luthor tweaked to be this more Super Powers accurate one -

But anyway, thanks again. These 2 packs are a great idea indeed and I hope it happens!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:47 pm 
Knows his stuff

I agree with keeping Bats/Supes basic. My wave 1 Bats already came with a paint splatter effect, so let's get this one clean!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:50 pm 
active in the community

Excellent! Very exciting news and a nice surprise.

I'm all for the Hawks and Supes/Brainiac packs, and will buy the Batman/Clayface to support ther line because of the alteration in Bats (as I already have Clayface). I do have both Lex and Supergirl, so I probably won't pick this up myself, unless some variant or addition is made (a mini Mr. Mxyzptlk, perhaps...?)

Post subject: Re: DCUC 2 packs for 2009 details from Mattel
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:56 pm 
active in the community

GoldBlade6 wrote:

I hope I don't have to blow $20 on a "little surprise" just because I'm a loyal fan of the line and already own both of these figures. I feel like adding something new is kind of a slap in the face to people who bought these figures when they first came out.

I understand this idea but for me, it's the other way around. I'd like to support the initiative, and the only way to get me to buy figures I already have is some sort of addition or change. I've already gotten my value out of the figures I've purchased, and anything new or different is an unexpected bonus worth considering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:05 pm 
buzz word garbage hater

Ordered

I would like to add my vote to the 'non muddy' Batman.

Also, if you could make it strictly, 'black bat' and not 'yellow circle symbol' that would be great. KTHXBAI.

Last edited by hutchprime on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:05 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I echo the sentiment too about quality control, Yes I would love all of these sets but man you guys arnt convincing me that that my guys wont have 2 right feet, horrible paint apps and they will break when I open them up. What the hell should I do when that happens with a mail order item? I dont like the idea of having to pay the shipping to send an item back that I may not get a replacement for and even then it may have the same issues, if they even accept returns at all.

If you can get some sort of guarantee of quality on items i'm blind buying then I'm in

Also I second plastic on clayface's arms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:07 pm 
Tis' but a pup

where are everybody finding these?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:09 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I REALLY want to buy these and probably most of the two-packs that come out, but it makes me incredibly nervous to order these without knowing how the quality with them will turn out. I have already had three Wave 5 figures break at the hip, and I know returning these to Wal-Mart would be a lot easier than having to return them to an online store.

If Mattel can get the quality control issues under control, I will definitely order these and future two-pack releases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:15 pm 
Cold-cast

My BATSPOILER: I dunno but I get the feeling that batman's logo will be again like the 70's-90's with yellow background, I mean in the 40's bats started with a similar no background logo like the one we have in current DCU New earth post crisis so, I guess after batman RIP and disappearance from DCU for a period he will return with the classic logo! I mean look at bats on the brave and the bold and also at JLU classic bat, therefore my theory!

I order them all with no hesitation i love DCU but mattel QA really needs improvement!

I would love classic MATRIX super girl and a real shoulder padded super power friendly lex luthor.

plus hawks classic rock in time for a JSA collection

and finally a real DCUC superman with big upper body and a rather classic head sculpt yay!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:24 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I am totally down for 90% of these.

Since these are still in the proposed stage; may I suggest that Classic Superman have regular eyes, NOT HEAT VISION RED EYES. I suspect that I speak for a vast majority of us collectors on this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next