Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Matty Facebook JLU Plea
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:53 am 
active in the community

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_i ... 400&ref=mf

In essence: "Please buy the surplus JLU figures (edit: on sale!) to make room for new ones."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:43 am 
5" Scale

I'd say I don't believe it, but I do.

So now we have to go buy more of what we already have (and have been staring at for months) if we want more?

Well, unfortunately, as much as I like Question, there's only room in my budget for one of him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:50 am 
shirtless hugger

As absurd as it is to ask us to buy more packs to make room for the new stuff, the price drop will likely influence more impulse purchases from non-collectors.

That is always a good thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:51 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

My Targets have the 3-packs for 7.99. One Target has its pegs full while the other only has 3- 3 packs (Question, Fire/Ice, Capt. Atom)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:53 am 
ABS

I've been waiting to pick up Fire/Ice so I guess now is a good time to get them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:58 am 
Aspires to be #1

Ham Salad wrote:
As absurd as it is to ask us to buy more packs to make room for the new stuff, the price drop will likely influence more impulse purchases from non-collectors.

That is always a good thing.

Exactly! I'm not buying any more because I know people will see those and think, hey 3 characters for that price!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:58 am 
Dog Squeezer

It's also a great time to stock up on custom fodder. I just picked up another 3 pack for just that reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:16 pm 
Aspires to be #1

After reading the actual note, it is nice that they are funding the sale but couldn't they have just bought the old product or had Big Lots get all over it something. I hope this works out because if it doesn't we may be in big trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:21 pm 
Cold-cast

well I have been wanting to get a 5POA Bald John and a non-freakish Galatea...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:30 pm 
PVC

jonartdesigns wrote:
well I have been wanting to get a 5POA Bald John and a non-freakish Galatea...

This is your lucky day then on the 5 POA John.....as far as Galatea goes, if you find a non-freakish one let me know, that's a tall order and one has eluded me so far. I finally just gave in and bought one, freakishness and all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:33 pm 
Knows his stuff

OMG!

This is too funny.. and just SO Mattel. I don't care what any of the Mattel defenders say about this company, this is absolutely pathetic. I for one have long stated this company doesn't know what it's doing, and this is just the neon underscore.

Good gravy.. I don't care about factory shut-downs, etc. either.. that's where "manager" comes in for the title "Line Manager". The whole Mattel DC distribution thing has been a mess for years. And all their "Everything is fine, all is OK, nothing to see here.." has been lip service for months, if not years.

Priceless.

Quote:
Hey DCU fans,

It is no secret that their has been a delay in getting new JLU figures into Target stores. This is entirely do to our factor shutting down last December. We have already found a new factory and we have new packs ready to ship, the problem is, while we waited for the new factory to produce the new 2009 figures, we had to continue and ship 2008 product to Target to hold the place in the toy aisle.

So right now Target is full of 2008 packs. We need to get all of these sold before Target will take orders for new 2009 packs. So, to help, Mattel is funding a month long price reduction on 3 packs. So tell your friends and allies, swing by a Target and grab some JLU packs this month on sale. Once we move all of the older product, we have fresh new figures ready to ship and get into your hands!

That is the latest! We are doing everything we can to get to fresh figures. All we have to do now is clear out the 2008 inventory. :-)

Matty

Last edited by geoffdude on Tue May 05, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:34 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Buy a few, donate them to a hospital or children's home. Keep the receipt and you can use it as a tax write off! You'll be brightening a child's day AND lowering your taxable income!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:44 pm 
PVC

i dont collect JLU, so i really dont care. but if i DID, i would say to Mattel that what they're asking is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard! they "f"ed up, so they should buy all the product back from Target. to ask people to buy stuff they have.....pretty pathetic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:48 pm 
Bob Vila

Well if anyone does see these marked down, I'd be grateful if you could pick them up for me.

I'll take one of each of the following:
Galatea 3 pack.
Question 3 pack
Captain Atom 3 pack

I do already have the Question pack, but wouldn't mind another one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:51 pm 
Aspires to be #1

geoffdude wrote:
OMG!

This is too funny.. and just SO Mattel. I don't care what any of the Mattel defenders say about this company, this is absolutely pathetic. I for one have long stated this company doesn't know what it's doing, and this is just the neon underscore.

Good gravy.. I don't care about factory shut-downs, etc. either.. that's where "manager" comes in for the title "Line Manager". The whole Mattel DC distribution thing has been a mess for years. And all their "Everything is fine, all is OK, nothing to see here.." has been lip service for months, if not years.

Priceless.

Quote:
Hey DCU fans,

It is no secret that their has been a delay in getting new JLU figures into Target stores. This is entirely do to our factor shutting down last December. We have already found a new factory and we have new packs ready to ship, the problem is, while we waited for the new factory to produce the new 2009 figures, we had to continue and ship 2008 product to Target to hold the place in the toy aisle.

So right now Target is full of 2008 packs. We need to get all of these sold before Target will take orders for new 2009 packs. So, to help, Mattel is funding a month long price reduction on 3 packs. So tell your friends and allies, swing by a Target and grab some JLU packs this month on sale. Once we move all of the older product, we have fresh new figures ready to ship and get into your hands!

That is the latest! We are doing everything we can to get to fresh figures. All we have to do now is clear out the 2008 inventory. :-)

Matty

As much as we like to think so, JLU and DC toys don't run Mattel. I think you've forgotten about a couple of little things called Hot Wheels and Barbie. Mattel is obviously a good company that mishandles their DC lines.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next