Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Vintage whiteknob windups, updated 12/26, new pics page 9!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:12 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Here's some pics of my collection:

In the middle you can see the 2 real TOMY pac Man ghosts (Inky and Blinky, blue and red), and a knock off next to it. I've seen the Blue ghost go for as high as $84, I bought the red one for $20, and I got lucky and got the blue one in a bag of windups for $5!! Also, the orange one is a knockoff, but made in the early 80's, I paid $20 for it on Ebay, in some heated bidding. Between the monkeys and ghosts on the front row is a couple TOMY Pencil Pets (the brown dog and the green caterpillar). The come apart in the middle and you can put a pencil in them to make them longer, and they'll still walk. I have another brown dog one as well.

ImageIn the back, you can see a Chode character from Tripping the Rift. Couldn't pass him up, but he's the only non vintage windup on the shelf. Also, there's a TOMY Fraggle Rock Doozer near him I got a good deal on, and a rare 1976 Durham Minni Mouse workout wind up.On the right hand side, there's a General Lee windup, I made that space next to him for a Dukes Of Hazard Sherrifs Car that I just bought off E Bay. In the far back row is TOMY Flip Floppers vehicles, than a couple of TOMY Past Planes in front of them, and in the first row, there's the set of TOMY ROVING EYES, Peepers The Binoculars and Zoom the Camera.

ImageOn the bottom left, there's 3 loose minimals, a pink elephant, a white duck and a brown horse. I have 2 more MOC ones of a giraffe and a blue hippo. Also, behind them is the entire Not So Grand Band, and next to them are 2 loose Rascal Robots from the late 70's. The Minimals are really rare. In the back left corner is a really rare TOMY swimming Miss Piggy that I have yet to find another one of on the net.

Tomy Rascal Robot on left, cut out of pic, 1977, TOMY european Star robots and Acrobots-1978 (unpunched), Tomy Pocket Bot-1983

On the wall behind, Tomy Get Along Gadgets, Not So Grand Band, Pop Overs and Flip Floppers, Bath Tubbies on bottom. (70's -80's)

TOMY Ugh A Bugs, Kenner Q Bert MOC/unpunched, Gizmo MOC, Papa Smurf Galoob (all 80's)

Bandai Inch-a-longs, random Tomy and Miss Piggy Spacehip MOC (all 70's-80's)

Super rare TOMY Minimals and the entire set of Little Big Topper, all MOC (80's)

Galoob "Gee Whiz it Rings" payphone, Madball windup, MOC, plus a walking bug automobile.

Oh Boy It Works power tools by Galoob (80's)

1975 Bath Tubbie and mid 80's Tomy Starcade MOC

Tomy Kid A Long skateboarder and boy on horse, at bottom (70's MIB), loose TOMY bear with boat and wagon and fishing pole and Tomy windup elephant.

TOMY Funny Football MIB (80's)

TOMY Strolling Bowling MIB (80's)

To the left of the Smurf on the wall, a really cool Voltron Motorized Lion Defender wind up.

I have tons more, but have to get them displayed to take better pics. Also, I have the Dukes Of Hazard Sherrifs car coming, hence the empty space next to the general Lee on the one shelf.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Last edited by else3573 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:19 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

HOLY CRAP!

I had the Strolling Bowling!

Wow, thanks for that pic! Ha! Awesome!!!

Very impressive collection, man!

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Thanks man! I forgot to mention, the 3 sparking windup monsters (Godzilla, King Kong and The Creature) are all the vintage ones. Anything that say's "Made in Hong Kong" is obviously older, as these 3 are. The newer ones say Made in China, Macao, Japan or Singapore. Any windup made in Hong Kong is worth SOMETHING.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:53 pm 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

What a fantastic collection. Thanks for sharing! I remember those "Oh Boy, It Works!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:00 pm 
Ferret Farmer

Thanks for posting the pics. They reminded me that I had that kangaroo and the camera. But I still have Q*bert :D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:43 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Toyman wrote:
Thanks for posting the pics. They reminded me that I had that kangaroo and the camera. But I still have Q*bert :D.
The Q Bert windup or one of the little solid plastic toys?? Loose or on card? If it's the wind up, does it still work? Let me know if you get time. Thanks!

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:45 pm 
ABS

what a great, and interesting collection!

I love it when a collector devotes a portion of their collection to something unconventional and unique.

how many people collect Tomy Wind-Ups?

I'm sure there's more than one, but I'm sure it's small compared to say, Transformers collectors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:07 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I had that Bowling Game!!!

That's so cool. I just found a new edition of that and the sumo wrestlers at Target that I picked up for my son for Christmas stocking stuffers.

Thanks for sharing all that. I had no idea what was out there but I've seen good chunks of it here and there without ever recognizing any of it.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:43 am 

I only remember having one TOMY wind up and I didn't even recall that until I saw it on a vendor table at a toy show recently. I bought it, of course. Seems this guy was pretty common.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:50 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Wow, now THAT takes me back.

I believe I had a couple of those guys. :)

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:27 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Cantina-Dan wrote:
I only remember having one TOMY wind up and I didn't even recall that until I saw it on a vendor table at a toy show recently. I bought it, of course. Seems this guy was pretty common.

If you look on the front of the main loose windup shelf, you'll see a few of those. Plus I have 2 MOC, one that's cut out of the pic. They're called Rascal Robots (the European one I have is called a Star Robot), made in the late 70's. (to jump on the Star Wars craze) One in that good of condition (if it works) is worth about $10-12 loose. MOC, more like $25.

Here's the one that was cut out of the original pic. (on the left, a red toped one from 1977)

and here's 2 of the blue ones (one turquoise), closer up, on the front of the shelf:

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Last edited by else3573 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:38 pm 

Wow, thanks for the info! I noticed those ones in your pic.

I picked that fella up for about 5 bucks. Guess I got a good deal!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:51 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Cantina-Dan wrote:
Wow, thanks for the info! I noticed those ones in your pic.

I picked that fella up for about 5 bucks. Guess I got a good deal!

I just took a closeup an added it to the last post, if you didn't see it. And yeah, $5 is a great deal. My local vintage Toy Store (Billy Galaxy in Portland) sells em for $12 apiece. By the way, TOMY makes the same windups year after year, but they change colors and patterns. Most of mine are all early 80's, late 70's. If you look at the 3 monkeys on the shelf, you'll see they're all different. The brown one is the oldest, the purple is middle, and the see through brown is the newest.

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:59 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Here's a few more I forgot to post:

(old Tomy's on card. By the way, another way to tell older TOMY windups is oif they're on Card. California Creations makes them now, and they come loose (before that, Playskool made them, on card, til the late 80's)

My newest carded windups from the Tick series. Don't have the complete collection yet. But I have a LOT of lines to try and keep up with... :wink:

Not a windup, but I love old video game stuff from the 80's, especially Pac Man and Q Bert, and I thought you guys (and girls) might like this Q Bert flying disc still in the bag, from 1983. It's sitting on top of an Incredible Hulk Halloween Candy Bucket from the late 70's.

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:10 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

By the way, everyone should check their old drawers or whatever for old windups. You'd be REALLY surprised how much they go for. Like I said, I just saw a Pac Man blue ghost go for $84 on ebay (Loose, like the one on my shelf, and the Red one's worth the same, although they USUALLY don't go for that much, more like $20-35 each). That one shelf is easily worth a couple hundred sold as a collection, just the loose stuff, and a LOT more sold individually. The carded Acrobots are around $30 apiece, as is the Star robot. The Qbert MOC is $50-60. I paid $25 for the Gremlins one. I've got quite a bit invested in these things, but I've also gotten some amazing deals, like the Voltron for $10. lol, they're my mechanized plastic crack....

Anyway, if anyone is looking for any, the general term used is White Knob Wind Ups (that covers all the companies, TOMY, Galoob, Kenner, Coleco, Playskool, Bandai, etc.)

And if anyone has one of these, and wants to sell, let me know:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Also looking for any of the little Q Bert, Donkey Kong or Pacman mini arcade figures.

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next