Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DCU Vs. MOTUC 2 Packs are coming to Toys R US!**W/ PICS**
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:14 pm 
An Insider

Just what the title says. I saw this on Fwoosh and He-Man.org and sure enough someone got the item number and said they had a friend check it at Toys R Us. They said it was in the system. So I used the same item #, 422333, and called my local store in Tulsa. I was pleasantly surprised when she told me it came up as DCU VS. MOTUC 2 packs for $29.99! What I gathered from the other sites was that the first release is rumored to be He-Man vs. Superman with a reprint of the comic!

Last edited by Oklahoma's Man of Steel on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:18 pm 
An Insider

Here is an image from e-bay with a comic inspired coloring for both He-Man and Skeletor. Below that is the comic where Superman and He-Man meet.
If anyone doubts this take the item # and call your local store.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:22 pm 
BANNED

:shock: This is fantastic!!!! I want to see how Superman kicks the ass of He-man, Superman is better

Wow all this means we will be able to get MOTU figures at only $15 usd a piece!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:30 pm 
An Insider

Yeah, I don't collect MOTUC but I will be getting these. I'm afraid this could be bad for my wallet. I'm also considering getting Battle Cat now to go along with He-Man. I wonder if this is the beginning of MOTUC at retail. Maybe a TRU exclusive? I always knew if these made it to retail I would get them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:51 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Good to see MOTU back in the TRU/public limelight.

They can bring them to retail if they take off. Which I'm sure they will.

But more importantly the line expands to see more vehicles and other playsets. The whole point of MOTU, to me anyway, was the interaction with the playsets including Castle Grayskull.

*Waits for other little complaints to start spouting forth*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:55 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

...and so it's finally leaked out.

I hope the rest of Mattel's stuff is spoiled before Sunday. :D

Hee hee...

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:56 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

How big of an audience do these have realisically?

Are there that many MOTU fans that want DCUC? Are there and abundance of DCUC fans that are clamoring for a He-Man?

Perhaps I am solely in the minority but I just don't get it. I have no interest in the MOTU line (I was never into the odd proportions of the originals and I just don't get the nostalgia factor although I will admit that the 4H do an amazing job on the figures now).

I know that as a parent, my son would probably love to get a set like this, he mixes and matches his toys at whim regardless, but I don't see a mass appeal for a cross-over like this to be ongoing. As a "one-off" it may be successful, but as a series, I think not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:00 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I know that as a parent, my son would probably love to get a set like this, he mixes and matches his toys at whim regardless

I think that this is the *exact* reason why these are being put out at retail. To ease MOTU back into the public consciousness, and to see if it will spark sales. I think the first pack will sell like crazy. We'll see if Batman/Skeletor will sell as well as this one does.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:10 pm 
An Insider

Hey Chip, do we know how the DCUC figures will be changed? The MOTUC are given a new color scheme, but what about Superman and Batman?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:10 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

marillion wrote:
bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I know that as a parent, my son would probably love to get a set like this, he mixes and matches his toys at whim regardless

I think that this is the *exact* reason why these are being put out at retail. To ease MOTU back into the public consciousness, and to see if it will spark sales. I think the first pack will sell like crazy. We'll see if Batman/Skeletor will sell as well as this one does.

Peace,

Chip

I think this will get He Man a little more press. I had assumed the second pack would be Skeletor/ Batman just to get cross appeal. Then factor in the Only at TRU sticker,it should do well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:18 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:
Hey Chip, do we know how the DCUC figures will be changed? The MOTUC are given a new color scheme, but what about Superman and Batman?

Search me, but it'd guarantee a bunch of sales if the Superman and Batman were released in Super Powers-accurate colors.

:D

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:27 pm 
An Insider

marillion wrote:
Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:

Search me, but it'd guarantee a bunch of sales if the Superman and Batman were released in Super Powers-accurate colors.

:D

Peace,

Chip

I hope so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:58 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

On a side note the DCUC 2 pack with Bwanna Beast and Animal Man is now gone for good along with Superfriends Robing and Hawkman! Dam sucks being poor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:17 pm 
serves the Otter

I. WANT. THAT. HE-MANNN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:19 pm 
Resin

PBateman wrote:
On a side note the DCUC 2 pack with Bwanna Beast and Animal Man is now gone for good.

@&#**@!!!!!! I was waiting for the 16th! I guess it's time to bring my Matty JLU 4 packs out for trade.