Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:20 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Okay, here's my shot for next week...

Will the Darth Tater Backpack Dangler ever be offered in the regular Galactic Heroes packaging, say with a Spud Trooper or Artoo-Detater?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:00 pm 
Resin

News from around the web;

Rebelscum
Rebelscum: I have a long list of items that aren't coming out in the UK or other parts of Europe. Why doesn't Hasbro get said toys in limited quantities via FOB and sell them through their web shops to supply the demand?

Hasbro: While all of our domestic (U.S.) products are made availabe to retailers in other regions, that does not necessarily mean that they will see retail distribution in that area - some of these things are out of our control.

Rebelscum: Are the American and Canadian Proof of Purchase tabs on the Vintage Saga Collection figures interchangeable? Can I still redeem my Lucas Trooper if I have mix of Canadian and American tabs on my certificate?

Hasbro: Yes.

Rebelscum: Why are many much-desired items (Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator, the AT-TE and Twin Pod Cloud Car, Playsets etc.) passed over in favor of a ton of new Star Wars lines like Attacktix, Unleashed Battle Packs, Galactic Heroes, Jedi Force, Force Battlers, Mr. Potato Heads, Star Wars Transformers, Star Wars Customs, Star Wars Miniatures? In the past, it's been said that producing things such as are not cost-effective for today's market, but that hardly seems logical.

Hasbro: We look to products that will produce the greatest return on our resource investment. Vehicles and figures are more popular play patterns for the kid audience than playsets, and the lines you referenced are squarely kid-targeted. We are looking to introduce some new 3-3/4” vehicles next year (and re-introduce some high demand ones this Fall).

Rebelscum: (Leftover from last week's session) Will we see any more female figures, specifically Padmé in her various costumes?

Hasbro:
Eventually, yes, but it's too early to say when the next version will be made available.

Sir Steves Guide
Q: What are the chances of seeing Vintage-Style figures for prequels characters?

A: Right now, there are a lot of OTC characters yet to be done in Vintage. In the future, if the series continues, we'll look at doing prequel figures in Vintage style after we have covered off more of the key vintage Kenner figures.

Q: Will there ever be the curved Cantina bar end piece, and if so, when will it be made available and what will it come with?

A: Yes. The specifics on when it will be available aren't ready for announcement yet.

Q: Why does Hasbro not want to discuss specifics in regards to possible upcoming products when Hasbro has no competition for making Star Wars action figures?

A: Excellent question. We manage the flow of information for a variety of business reasons. One advantage to the plan is that we always have upcoming news and collectors don't get bored. When the public knows the line too far in advance, there's a tendency for items new to the shelf to seem old if the line list has been out there for months (case in point last Toy Fair, when our line list was well-known, and the criticism was that there was "no new news.").

ActionFigs.com
Will we see more new Vehicles such as the AT-TE, Cloud Car, V-wing, in the foreseeable future? Can you be specific as to which ones?

"We *will* be producing some new vehicles in the 3-3/4" Starfighter Vehicle line-up in 2007. We cannot be more specific at this time…sorry! "

Will we ever get a Spirit of Anakin figure based on Hayden Christensen as seen in the Original Trilogy DVD release?

"Not at this time."

Many collectors are frustrated with exclusives which are often hard to find due to scalper draw, limited or uneven distribution, and exclusives to chains not available in certain areas. While understanding that exclusives are an important part of getting certain items released, as well as a tool for Hasbro's dealings with their retail partners, what can be done to remedy this ongoing problem so that collectors can feel like Hasbro cares about their interests and concerns?

"Good question, and we do care. We are not trying to deliberately short the market or create frustration. We release exclusives with the size of the collector market in mind. We try to ensure that the retailer is willing to commit to anticipated quantities and item needs to satisfy the collector base We attempt to obtain national distribution on what we think will be high-demand items. What we can't plan for are the store counts and amount shipped to each store, which our retailers decide on; individual collector pockets of high concentration; the unfortunate scalping element (which at least seems to less than it was several years ago); and sets with an inherent multi-purchase pattern (troop building) that motivates folks to go unusually deep. From these standpoints, exclusives are probably no different than national items....some national items can be just as hard to find locally but nationally on the average they are OK."

Jedi Defender
1. Articulation is a popular feature on toys for children and adults alike. Is it possible we'll see things like elbow, wrist, and knee joints become the standard in the Hasbro basic line on all figures, regardless of their role in the films, since poseable toys are popular?

** We weigh each figure based on their individual needs and the costing of the product overall. If a character has a significant accessory, or is in a multi-pack, we will evaluate that vs. just premium articulation for the sake of articulation.

2. With the HUGE success of the Marvel Legends Build-a-Figure idea, is there any chance that we might see that implemented in the 3.75" Star Wars line to get figures (such as Hermi Odle or a new Probot) or maybe playsets (like a Jabba's Dais or Moisture Evaporator)?

** Not at this time.

3. What's the story with the Saga Wave 7 Endor Rebel Soldiers that debuted on your website recently - are they shipping at the same time in the same case, are they randomly packed, or will they be a running change?

** They will be a running change.

Jedi Temple Archieves
Q. What are the numbers for the figures in the Endor and Naboo waves?

A. Endor is #39-43 (Wave 5) and #44-46 is Wave 6. The Naboo wave is #49-52 in Wave 6. We combined the two into one wave as both ended up on the same schedule.

Q. When can we expect to hear more information about this years San Diego Comic Con Exclusives?

A. Information on the Expanded Universe "Shadow Stormtrooper" figure is available at StarWarsOnlineShop. We will be making more information available on the HasbroToyShop "501st Stormtrooper" figure just before convention time, so be sure to check it out.

Figures.com
Q: Die-hard old Action Fleet collector here and the return to the AF scaled format with the Titanium line is refreshing, aside from the rehashes (Snow Speeder, Slave 1, et al, already have 'em!). What NEW ships can we look forward too in the larger scale? (ROTS had quite a few only touched in the smaller Titanimum format.)

A: Stay tuned for upcoming details on the Titanium line.

Q:Do you plan to make action figures based on the highly anticipated Star Wars TV show and if so, will you be making them a part of the central line of SW figures, or will they be their own line?

A: With the television series slated for 2008, it's too far off to speak to with any accuracy whether the figures will be worked into the main line or will have their own segment.

Q: Are there any plans to make more 2.5" Star Wars Unleashed figures and/or vehicles (like the mini-Sigma 6 G.I. Joe figures)?

A: Unleashed 2.5" figures will continue in their current multi-pack form for the foreseeable future. Vehicles, beyond the Snowspeeder this Fall, we will have to wait and see.

The Jawa
1) Since ball joints offer greater pose-ability and play value (as opposed to the swivel-joints) for things like elbows, shoulders, and knees, why don't more of the figures have ball joints?

For the most part, its much more expensive to produce figures with this manner. Every figure we do is a balaning act between articulation, deco, accessories and the overall complection of the wave. We add articulation where we can afford it and where it makes most sense for each figure, but ball joints are not going to become the standard on Star Wars for this reason.

2) Can collectors of the vehicle line expect any new sculpts in the forseeable future?

We *will* be producing some new vehicles in the 3-3/4" Starfighter Vehicle line-up in 2007.

3) If a character or version of character is already planned for release, do you bar that selection from Fans' Choice polls, so that a truly bonus figure can emerge?

Very timely question ... the Fans' Choice poll that Toy Fare recently conducted was driven entirely by the fans and the results were a true measure of the top figures that fans want to see made. I'd love to go into more detail, but look for Toy Fare to reveal the scoop in their July on-sale issue.

Yoda’s News
Yodasnews: Will we ever see army builder figures packed consistently in cases, regardless of the relevance they may have to the particular "wave" of figures? A considerable amount of collectors love army builders, and to have a few Super articulated Clone Troopers, Stormtroopers (plain white VOTC mold, not dirty like the Sandtrooper #37 from the Saga Collection), Scout Troopers, ett packed in a case would be great.

Hasbro: You bet. This year in fact you'll see more mixing, especially later in the year, and troop builders will be key. However, we haven't created a specific clean Sandtrooper version yet.

YN: Will we see any more Ewoks? Maybe even an Ewok Battle Pack? Maybe a Tusken Raider Battle Pack? Perhaps a Stormtrooper (not Clonetrooper) Battle Pack?

H: Those are already on our radar, but there is no timetable for them. We have a lot of ideas and not enough space to put them all, but eventually there will be more Ewoks. Probably Ewoks before Tuskens, if that helps..

YN: Why do we not have the entire line of Star Wars 3" 3/4 product here in FRANCE in our supermarket. Why should we rely on specialized toy shops or the internet to be able to get a complete collection and pay overpriced items ( I mean US customers paid what $8 max when in FRANCE, in US currency, each fig costs $ 13 MINIMUM!) Also why do our neighbors country (Germany and Great Britain ) have the VOTC line in their stores and we could get the George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise ?

H: It's up to retailers in EU regions to decide whether to carry the full or a partial line. There are very large collecting bases in both the UK and Germany, so that is why you see more offerings, including many exclusives in these countries. The best I can say is to let your retailer know, that you would like to see them carry more Star Wars collector lines.

Yak Face,Toy News International and Galactic Hunter answers not posted yet.

Another good week. Glad to hear we can expect to see som "Vintage" style PT characters after all the main OT characters of the Kenner era are done.

UPDATED
Toy News International
TNI: Are there any plans for a poseable 6" Marvel Legends style line of Star Wars action figures?

Hasbro: There are no plans at this time for us to do a Marvel Legends-style series.

TNI: What are the plans for the Expanded Universe?

Hasbro: A lot of great characters have been created in the Expanded Universe and we do plan to include some in the 2007 line. We can't release more details than that, but stay tuned.

TNI: Will we ever see Darth Sidious' lightsaber?

Hasbro: I doubt it. The problem is that it is the tiny hilt and blade, which do not make as heroic a statement to kids. I know Yoda says "Judge me by my size, do you?" but it's not very high on the kid demand list for lightsabers.

Nothing "new" except that there are no plans for Sidious' lightsaber and the fact that no more comments will be made on their EU plans (I'm hoping "stay tuned" means we'll learn more at SDCC).

UPDATE 2:
Yak Face
1) Any chance we can expect to see a Lars Homestead scene pack with Cliegg Lars, prequel Owen and Beru, anytime soon? This could be a great exclusive?

Not at this time. While they would be cool, there are a bunch of characters we'll be getting to first.

2) have read much about cost issues etc with creating new ships/playsets. But the Star Wars 3.3/4" line is about re-creating enviroment and scenes that make us feel the magic. Surely there are ways to get ships done including large ones. And smaller ones with electronic features. Whadaya say Hasbro?

We *will* be producing some new vehicles in the 3-3/4" Starfighter Vehicle line-up in 2007. We'll look at features (Eelectronic or otherwise) on a vehicle-by-vehicle basis.

3) When will we see figures of Commander Bacara's galactic marines?!?

Early in 2007.

Galactic Hunter
GH: Can we expect to see more Hasbro action figures from the Clone Wars Animated Series? If so, what is the rough timeline?

HASBRO: We do have plans for some of these characters in 2007, but we won't be announcing the specifics just yet. However, any we do will be in "realistic" styling rather than animated. We done some polling with fans, and overall the realistic style is prefered over the animated style so we are going to stick with that.

GH: Has Hasbro explored the possibility of starting a collector's club, offering unique figures and accessories to its membership? How many collectors would need to 'organize' in order to pique Hasbro's interest in this concept? Hasbro dedicates a lot of care and attention to nurturing its relationship with G.I. Joe and Transformers collectors, adopting official conventions and collector clubs, and Star Wars fans often feel left out of the fun. Will Hasbro make any such efforts for Star Wars collectors in the future?

HASBRO: Lucasfilm runs the official Star Wars [Fan] Club and Celebration shows to maintain that conduit with collectors. We'll participate in those events (and Comic Con) to showcase our upcoming products and interact with collectors, but there are no plans for another Club devoted to figure collecting.

GH: With Hasbro's recent acquisition of the Marvel license, can we hope to see modular pieces (a la build-a- figure/vehicle/playset) introduced into the Star Wars line? Many larger-scale figures and mini-sized vehicles could finally see production this way.

HASBRO: Not at this time.

Some more good answers and proof that a specific question (Galactic Marines) can get a specific answer! It's slower, but ultimatley the only way to guarentee that we'll get more precise answers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:58 am 
5th Horseman

Wow, lots of info. Thanks Hasbro. Everything sounds good and I tend to agree that the internet makes toys seem old long before they hit shelves.

I also think that articulation is VERY important in regards to the line's success. Vintage style articulation should be the standard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:12 pm 
shirtless hugger

Ooh, Bacara's troopers confirmed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:17 pm 
Resin

Final load of answer I think;

POTF2
POTF2.COM
I heard that Hasbro is thinking of adding a few EU figures into the mix for 2007, but will any of these figures include characters from novels? And, is there a ballpark figure on the number of EU figures that will be made next year? 2? 3? An entire wave?

HASBRO
I can't give any more details beyond "wait and see." I know it's frustrating, but I'm glad people share the same passion for the EU as we do and Lucasfilm does.

POTF2.COM
Is Hasbro/Lucas thinking of creating a toy only line with new characters, or will everything be based on movies, comics, TV and novels?

HASBRO
Interesting question. We aren't planning on designing any new characters that do not have precedence in film, TV, comics, or elsewhere in the EU... with maybe 1-2 exceptions, but these will be worked into the main line rather than be a stand-alone segment.

POTF2.COM
When will the next fan favorite poll begin?

HASBRO
This last one was pretty epic and Toy Fare did a fantastic job corralling all the input. We'd like to give the team a rest before going at it again! Seriously... annually would be nice. So again this time next year is something we will shoot for.

Star Wars Action News
1) What happened to the "one of every figure" club that they mentioned at C3?

“Unfortunately this idea came too late to be able to implement because at that time many of the Episode 3 figures were already out of production having been created in the months prior to the movie shelf date. As a result there was not enough collectors interested in signing up for the whole set to merit reproduction of some figures.”

2) Where does Hasbro see the future of the toy line moving? With the influx of non-movie, expanded universe characters gaining popularity from the books, video games, and television series, is there any consideration of pursuing a full line of these sort of characters? Even if not, will there remain occasional EU chase figures such as the Shadow Stormtrooper?

“Fantastic question. This really does go to the heart of the directions available since the future of the Star Wars entertainment, be it the new series, comics, video games, novels etc., is by definition EU. However it’ll be a balancing act I think, with demand for Saga based characters (Episodes 1-6) still extremely high for the next few years I see the movies still remaining the heart and soul of the line, but the EU occupying a prominent part. We will have a more concrete answer to at least one of your questions in our panel at comic con, so stay tuned”

3) Is the Ultimate Galactic Hunt over? Or is this going to be an ongoing promotion?

“The UGH figures are done shipping, they will not be re-released and there will be no more this year. We are looking at sequeling the event again next Spring. Exactly what that will be has yet to be determined.

Star Wars Action News did theirs in a podcast, so I typed up the answers here to save time for those interested in the answers. I'm definatley interested in the possible EU announcement at SDCC!

Ok based on this round of answers here are my top questions;

With the obvious demand for an SA Jedi Luke (he was one of only 3 major film characters who made the top 25), does this mean he's a likely candidate for VTSC next year? An SA Jedi Luke with removable soft goods cloak and tunic would be AMAZING!

What's happened to the reported Yavin wave? Is it the first wave of TSC 2007 or will it be released later this year as something else (like the rumored OTC2 or a 30th anniversary line)?

Have the results of the Fan Choice Poll affected your future plans for the line? As well as #1, could we be seeing more characters from that list in 2007?

Is there a chance at an SA General Grievous in the 2007 range?

I'll save my EU questions for after SDCC when they might actually get answered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:30 pm 
Resin

Ok sorry for the double post but here's the first answers from this week's Q+A from Rebelscum;

Rebelscum: Will any of these planned (but unreleased) items ever see the light of day?
- Bespin Vader w/ CD-Rom (Power of the Jedi)
- Bespin Luke w/ CD-Rom (Power of the Jedi)
- Yavin Accessory Pack (with Yavin Technician) (Star Wars Saga)
- Gungan Accessory Pack (with Gungan Warrior) (Star Wars Saga)
- Jabba's Palace Accessory Set (with Gammourean Guard) (Star Wars Saga)
- Trophy Series Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode I)
- Trophy Series OOM-9 (Episode I)
- Holographic Queen Amidala (Episode I)
- Holographic Obi-wan (Episode I)
- Holographic Nute Gunray (Episode I)
- Obi-wan with "Skeeto" (Episode I)
- Qui-gon Jinn vs. Battle Droid (Action Heroes 2-Pack) (Episode I)
- Jar Jar Binks vs. Destroyer Droid (Action Heroes 2-pack) (Episode I)

Hasbro: Dan, that's a bunch of questions in one! The short answer is: I doubt it, as we've moved in a different direction. Specifically: Bespin Vader with CD-ROM - it's doubtful it will be released.

Rebelscum: Any possibility of a new line of smaller vehicles, similar to the vintage mini-rigs or the Episode I Invasion Force series, perhaps even packaged with a pilot figure?

Hasbro: We don't have a plan to release a smaller line of vehicles right now. But, we will have to wait and see what opporutnities may exist with the introduction of the animated series in 2008.

Rebelscum: It seems that collector interest is still running high for the Star Wars line...roughly what percentage of Hasbro's market does the collector community represent? How do you determine this number?

Hasbro: We don't release sales information or consumer sales profile statistics.

EDIT: And some more;

Sir Steve’s Guide
Q: Does Lucasfilm have the rights to the likeness for the Tonnika Sisters (ANH cantina patrons), and if so is there plans to create figures?

A: Thanks for the question, but that's not something we can comment on right now.

Q: Are there any plans for any of the unmade Padme/Amidala figures from the prequels in the foreseeable future? If so, which ones?

A: Yes. We can't provide an exact timetable, but we will occassionally be releasing Padme figures in the future.

Q: Is there a possibility of bringing back the 3 3/4" Deluxe figure line?

A: Not right now. It's possible that we may bring back the line when the animated series is released in a few years.

ActionFigs
Regarding the Toy Fare Fan's Choice poll figures, which figures won (or, when will the winners be officially announced) and what is happening with them (are they designed yet, when will they be released)?

Very timely question... the Fans' Choice poll that Toy Fare recently conducted was driven entirely by the fans and the results were a true measure of the top figures that fans want to see made. I'd love to go into more detail, but look for Toy Fare to reveal the scoop in their July on-sale issue.

How does Hasbro cope with lines such as Unleashed Battle Packs, Star Wars Custom Choppers, etc., which fans believe from the outset won't work, and then the lines fail as suspected?

Popularity of any lines among core collectors is not necessarily an indication for the success or failure of any line. When launching a new line, we take into account the total consumer audience. These lines were intended for the consumer market beyond the core fan base. For example, Custom Choppers was developed for kids new to the line -- and they're the ones who are buying it. And, it was always planned as 2006 line only. Unleashed also has a dedicated following, although the main purchasers are not those who collect the 3.75" figures. Unleashed will continue into 2007, with additional movie themes on tap. More details will be announced at Comic-Con.

Will there be any new Star Wars Titanium Series 3" vehicle sculpts that have not already been prototyped? (i.e. AT-TE, Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter, etc.) What about Ep I Die Casts that were never released?

Without going into specifics, there will be new sculpts.

Jedi Defender
1. Willrow Hood (the Ice Cream Maker Guy) seems to have a huge fan following. Even if he does not win the Toy Fare Fan's Choice poll, when can we expect to see him on the pegs?

** Aha - a trick question! Toy Fare will unveil the winners of the Fan's Choice poll in their issue that will be hitting stands the week before Comic-Con. Check the issue in a few weeks to see if Willrow Hood is a winner.

2. Will you be offering any more "mail away" figures for 2006? Would it be something that you will look at again in 2007 if the vintage Lucastrooper mail-away is successful?

** There will be no more mail away figures in 2006. We're still planning for 2007 right now, so it's too early to know if we will repeat the promotion next year.

3. This year, the VOTC Stormtrooper mold is being reused for the 2006 Saga Tatooine Wave Sandtrooper figure. Is it possible that we'll see the VOTC Stormtrooper re-released back in the basic figure line at some point?

** It's possible. But, we don't have a re-release of the VOTC Stormtrooper scheduled anytime soon and there is no definite date of when it might come back.

Toy News International
TNI: Are you looking at expanding the Titanium line to include Expanded Universe ships?

Hasbro: Not this year …. But stayed tune for 2007

TNI: Can you tell us what other clone trooper figures will be released other then the ones already out? There are still many versions from ROTS that have yet to be released in figure form.

Hasbro: That's a great question! We do plan to release additional clones.

TNI: Any more Star Wars Potatoe Head figures after R2-D2 in the works?

Hasbro: For now, Artoo Potatoo is the only Star Wars Potato Head figure planned for the foreseeable future

Galactic Hunter
GH: What three Star Wars action figures does 'the team' want to do before the line ends or the world ends, whichever comes first? (This can be applied to ships, play sets, or beasts, as well.)

HASBRO: Heavy question Adam. We would personally like to see every last cantina alien produced at some point in time. Does that count as three?!! (Editor's Note: Yes, there are at least three left.)

GH: Will we see a return of the $10 - $15 price point Deluxe/Ultra releases? This line has a lot of potential for releasing small vehicles and beasts (Geonosian Orray and cart from the Arena) along with background figures. This format could also be utilized for multi-packs, oversized figures (Hermi Odle) and accessories too. (Did we mention Hermi Odle?)

HASBRO: We're not planning to return the Deluxe/Ultra lines in the forseeable future. But, it may be a possibity with the release of the animated series in 2008.

GH: The Ralph McQuarrie Stormtrooper from 2003 was a big hit with fans, and they were snatched off of shelves as quickly as they appeared. Is there any chance that we'll see figures based on Concept Art, Poster Images, or other non-movie images in the near future?

HASBRO: I can't be too specific right now, but that's a great question. Details will be revealed at Comic-Con.

GH: Since a lot of the Modern Era vehicles have been based on Kenner molds, are there any ships that we can strike off of our lists because the necessary molds are simply unfeasible?

HASBRO: I can't say with certaintly that any are off limits. But, it is extremely unlikely that we'll be using any of the playset molds again.

GH: Will themed waves continue past the Saga Collection?

HASBRO: Yes.

Figures.com
Q: With the recent success of Clone Commando Scorch flying off the shelves is there any plans to make his 3 pod brothers - Boss, Sev, and Fixer?

A: Good question … but the answer will have to wait until Comic-Con!

Q: Darth Tater and Spud Trooper were a success and I look forward to Artoo-Potatoo in my collection. Any odds of seeing a BOBA FETT RUSSET:)?

A: For now, Artoo Potatoo is the only Star Wars Potato Head figure planned for the foreseeable future.

Q: Had a Death Star playset as a child. You've remade many playsets of my youth, any chance of this coming up (with Trash Compactor Monster!)?

A: There has been quite a bit of discussion internally on whether or not playsets could be successful in today's market. However, we continue to see diminished demand for playsets. If we ever see the landscape changing, it's something we could take a look at in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:45 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Here are our answers: (they semed to have liked our questions! Keep'em comin')

1. Will we ever see a re-issue of the ridiculously hard to find Ralph McQuarrie concept Trooper? Will we ever see any more McQuarrie concept characters? (I need a Vader!!)

What a fantastic question! The answer is……...yes. The Trooper will be re-released in 2007. Specific details will be released at Comic-Con.

2. You said VOTC/VTSC figures are based on fan popularity. Does this mean that an SA Jedi Luke (with removable soft goods cloak and grey tunic) is a good bet for this line? His popularity with fans is obvious since he made the Top 25 in the poll.

Very good question. A super articulated Jedi Luke is at the top of our list of potential candidate for the next line of vintage figures.

3. More VOTC/VTSC in 2007 is great news. Is there any chance of a similar premium style line based on the prequel trilogy?

Right now, there are a lot of OTC characters yet to be done in Vintage style. In the future, if the series continues, we may look at doing prequel figures in Vintage style …. But it probably won't be anytime soon, especially since there are still so many Kenner figures to consider!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:48 pm 
Damage Control

With the passing of Bernie Loomis, who brought about the original STAR WARS 3 3/4 action figures based off of Fisher Price Adventure People, is it possible we would ever see some type of commemorative or anniversary set? Granted they dont have as much articulation but for many fans, that was our first taste of SW action figures.

Is there a chance that we will see the Y WING re-issued?

Is it possilbe to find out from which SW movie we will see starfighters from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:04 pm 
5th Horseman

I love this thread! 3 good weeks. I am excited about SDCC news and the Expanded Universe future. I wonder if the answer 'yes' was just for the McQuarrie Stormtroope or if we'll see a Vader and more. That is a cool idea for a line. And I think Bespin Luke needs a VOTC figure before Jedi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:36 pm 
Resin

Thanks for asking my questions Julius! :D

Fantastic news about Jedi Luke! It's my favorite Luke and (if they do use soft goods tunic) a VTSC version could be the ultimate ROTJ Luke!

I wonder if the concept Stormtrooper (and possibly others) is linked with the three 2-Packs that Swami Report on Galactic Hunter mentioned a few days ago.

Here's some more answers from around the web as well;

Jedi Temple Archives
Q. Are there any plans for making a Darth Sidious electronic lightsaber?

A. I doubt it. The problem is the tiny hilt and blade, which do not make a heroic statement to kids. I know Yoda says "Judge me by my size, do you?" but it's not very high on the kid demand list for lightsabers.

Q. Can you tell us when the Fan Choice figure for 2006 will be announced?

A. Very timely question ... the Fans' Choice poll that Toy Fare recently conducted was driven entirely by the fans and the results were a true measure of the top figures that fans want to see made. I'd love to go into more detail, but look for Toy Fare to reveal the scoop in their July on-sale issue.

Q. The UGH George Lucas Stormtrooper program has had its pluses and minuses. Now that the bulk of the initial stages of this program are behind us, can you say that you will be offering a similar program next year?

A. We will be offering a Vintage line in 2007. However, we have not yet determined the specific promotion that will support the release -- or even if there will be a promotion. Details will be realesed as things are finalized.

The Jawa
1) Are there any plans for new sculpts in the 2007 line of 6" Unleashed
figures?

Right now, we don't have any plans for specific Unleashed figures
other than what has been announced for this fall.

2) Is there any chance of Ephant Mon being offered in a future Battle Pack or multi-figure collector set?

Not right now.

3) When the Covert Ops Clone Trooper was offered on StarWarsShop.com, the product description said the trooper could be the 'debut of a possible new line of troopers released by Hasbro in the coming months.' Any update?

Currently, Starwarsshop.com is offering Shadow Stormtrooper, which is a
great example of an Extended Universe trooper.

Yoda’s News
Yodasnews: When are we going to see a line of figures based on the Star Wars novels? The last expanded universe line was years ago. With the success of the book series it would be a perfect time for another EU line. Especially since we only have one figure of Mara Jade, the most popular EU character, and dozens of figures of characters that were in the movies. And I'm not including her bust, since it's only a convention exclusive.

Hasbro: Mark, you're right. The EU is fertile ground. We know that there are great characters in the Expanded Universe and we plan to include some of these in 2007. Stay tuned!

YN: The Galactic Heroes figures continue to be very popular and it’s great to see some coming back out. Many of the figures are now selling for insanely high prices on the secondary market. Is there any chance that we will see a re-release of some of those figures that have yet to be announced? Namely the Padme / Anakin and Jango /Obi-Wan sets?

H: Didn't get Derryl before leaving - we'll email him directly as soon as we have an answer.

YN: My check has been cashed, so how soon can we expect to see the Lucastrooper hitting the mailboxes?

H: Anytime now…

Yak Face
1) Are there any plans to revisit the POTF-style cardbacks when issuing the new Vintage (VTSC) line of figures? Of all the figure that have been released in the modern era(1995-2006), are there any you'd personally like to see resculpted?

We don't have any plans to use POTF-style cardbacks for the Vintage line right now. The second part of your question is a great one. Personally, of all the figures in the modern era, I'd like to see a really great resculpted Jedi Luke.

2) Based on the overwhelming response to the current TSC-style cardback, are there any plans to depart from this style once the 2006 line has ended?

We are looking at a different line look for 2007, which we'll be showing at Comic-Con.

POTF2
POTF2.COM
Will we ever see a reissue of Fan's Choice #3 - Ephant Mon?

HASBRO
Not at this time.

POTF2.COM
With the popularity of the many ROTS style clonetrooper, can we still expect to see AOTC style clonetroopers released?

HASBRO
Yes. If you'll be at Comic-Con, come to our panel on Friday morning to learn more details.

POTF2.COM
Any plans for a remade/new sculpt Uncle Owen?

HASBRO
We're not planning a new sculpt at this time.

Post subject: This week's answers 6/30
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:53 am 
Daniel Pickett

1. Will the Darth Tater Backpack Dangler ever be offered in the regular Galactic Heroes packaging, say with a Spud Trooper or Artoo-Detater?

No specific plans, but it's an interesting idea.

2. Are there plans for any more figures based on the other Pod Racers in Episode 1? It seems like that is still a fertile pool to pull characters from.

Ah - great question. I have been pondering the same thing, as my kids (and I) love the Pod Racing scenes. However, when it comes to the vehicles, they just wouldn't sell as well as more aggressive or iconic vehicles. Not to rule out that someday we will do them, but we look to focus on bringing out the occasional pod racing driver pack.

3. Is there any chance of seeing New Jedi Order figures in the near future? Either as a spin off line (like Clone Wars) or as a wave or two in The Saga Collection.

You'll have to wait and see what figures are in the EU line as it unfolds. At some point they would be good to do, I agree.

Let's keep the questions coming! I need 3 more to send to them today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:04 am 
Damage Control

With the large X WING coming back again-I think this is the 4 th time around, and TARGET doing a Zev figure and Snowspeeder, will we see any other store exclusives like another Y WING or maybe something NEW?

The EU had some really great potential for vehicles, any chance we will see vehicles from the EU in the future?

Thanks for your time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:53 pm 
Resin

Thanks for the NJO question! Hopefully that's a good "wait and see"!

Rather than post all the answers from around the web here, I'll just but the link to Rebelscum's round up;

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Ha ... _99105.asp

Saves me making dozens of long posts which I'm sure must be getting to some people!

I'll update the answer thread with the info later, I've been so busy this weekend I've only just seen the answers!

Here's some question ideas;

There's been reports of 12 EU 2-Packs next year. There's a list for 6 of these (4 Marvel comic based, 2 Dark Horse comic based) and it's said all the packs are comic based. Is this true, or could the other 6 be based on novels or video games as well as comics?

Ok, they probably won't answer that (at least until after Comic Con) but it's worth a shot if you need a question.

Did the amount of EU characters in the Fans' Choice poll surprise you? Did this affect your 2007 (or 2008) plans?

With next year being the 30th Anniversary is there any chance of more than 1 wave of "Vintage" figures? Perhaps one in Spring (like this year) and another in Fall?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:03 am 
Resin

I'm surprised there haven't been more questions (or answers) in this thread this month!

After SDCC I have loads of questions I really want to know the answer to!

With the EU comics being covered in the 2-Packs, do you have any plans for the novels (and video games after Darth Revan)? I’m specifically thinking about the Solo twins and the NJO, but anything from the novels would be great (like Darth Plagueis from the upcoming novel).

Who are the 10 figures being made off the Toyfare Top 25 in 2007? Not counting rumors, the Galactic Marine and Darth Revan are confirmed, as are Kir Kanos, Quinlan Vos and Mara Jade in the comic 2-Packs. Who are the other 5 (6 if Kir Kanos isn’t counted due to his 2006 release)?

Which comic arc is Mara Jade based off? Will you use the actress likeness for her or go simply off artwork?

How will the comic EU 2-packs be divided? How many Dark Horse and how many Marvel? Is there any chance that any 2-Packs be based on the novels or games?

Since 2007 is celebrating the whole saga, are there any plans for a new SA Qui-Gon Jinn?

How many waves for 2007? You said there would be a Concept Art figure in the first 8, but will there be more than 8 waves?

Of the 60 basic figures (I think that’s the number reported from SDCC) roughly how many will be new and how many will be retooled or repainted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:31 am 
5th Horseman

When will we see pics of Quinlan Vos and the rest of the EU lineup? I was expecting more at SDCC and was pretty disappointed. I really hope they have the more modern articulation !!!!! Please, that's important. The Marvel 2 packs in the slide show were older figures and not what I was hoping for.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next