Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:45 pm 
Damage Control

Given the fact that GI JOE is now taking off into the 2 inch scale figures with vehicles and accessories, would HASBRO consider going in this direction with STAR WARS TOYS, Im really impressed with the SIGMA 6 DRAGON HAWK and I can definately see this being used in a STAR WARS line, the benefits of more detail and keeping to a more realistic scale ie X WING, Y WING, MILLENIUM FALCON etc would really be a boon as well as it can totally work into thier ATTACKTIX (sp?) line b/c they look about two inches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:17 pm 
Resin

Julius, is this site still taking part in the Q+A or not?

I'm only asking as no new answers have been posted since the end of June.

I know you've been busy with SDCC so I'm not complaining, just wondering if it's worth asking questions, or if I should just trust the Force and see what the future holds :lol:

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:36 am 
Daniel Pickett

The Staw Wars Q&A is still going on. they took a little break for Comic Con and I just got a message from them this week that the guy doing it will be on vacation for 2 weeks, but then we will be back in buisness!

Keep your SW questions coming and I'll keep turning them in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:02 am 
Resin

Thanks Julius!

I went back over this thread and picked out all the questions that haven't been asked so far (except those answered at SDCC).

If I've missed any I apologise;

“Vintage” Figures
With next year being the 30th Anniversary is there any chance of more than 1 wave of "Vintage" figures? Perhaps one in Spring (like this year) and another in Fall?

EU Figures (Basic and Comic 2-Pack)
Did the amount of EU characters in the Fans' Choice poll surprise you? Did this affect your 2007 (or 2008) plans?

With the EU comics being covered in the 2-Packs, do you have any plans for the novels (and video games after Darth Revan)? I’m specifically thinking about the NJO Solo twins, but anything from the novels would be great (like Darth Plagueis or Darth Bane from the upcoming novels).

Who are the 10 figures being made off the Toyfare Top 25 in 2007? Not counting rumors, the Galactic Marine and Darth Revan are confirmed, as are Quinlan Vos and Mara Jade in the comic 2-Packs. Who are the other 6 (not counting Kir Kanos due to his 2006 release)?

Which comic arc is Mara Jade based off? Will you use the actress likeness for her or go simply off artwork?

When will we see pics of Quinlan Vos and the rest of the EU lineup?

Basic Figures – The 30th Anniversary Collection
How many waves for 2007? You said there would be a Concept Art figure in the first 8, but will there be more than 8 waves?

Of the 60 basic figures roughly how many will be new and how many will be retooled or repainted?

Basic Figures – New Sculpts of Old Characters
Will we ever get the following characters remade with more articulation/better sculpts? OT Grand Moff Tarkin, Death Squad Commander, Weequay?

With the 30th anniversary are there any plans for super-articulated prequel trilogy figures for major characters like Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan (TPM+AOTC), Mace, Jango, and Padmé?

Basic Figures – Army Builders
Will we ever get the following badly needed OT trooper builder characters re-made: Generic Hoth Trooper, Generic Rebel Endor Trooper, Ewok warrior.

Basic Figures – Background Characters
Will we ever see the following OT characters? General Tagge, Tonnika Twins, Imperial Dignitary (the creepy old one w/ the bishop's hat), Lieutenant Daine Jir, Chief Bast, Captain Needa, Commander Praji, General Willard, Yavin rebel flight crew, Taym Dren-Garen, "padded shirt" skiff Weequay and Lieutenant J'ef Hsu?

Vehicles
Can we please get a re-issue of the Y-wing fighter in it's original colors (yellow) - I missed it the first time around and it's my favorite OT ship. Also, can we get Lieutenant J'ef Hsu as the pack-in? - He's the Asian "bat-winged helmet" Y-wing pilot from ROTJ?

With the large X WING coming back again-I think this is the 4 th time around, and TARGET doing a Zev figure and Snowspeeder, will we see any other store exclusives like another Y WING or maybe something NEW?

The EU had some really great potential for vehicles, any chance we will see vehicles from the EU in the future?

Misc.
Is there anyway that the questions/answers from all of the participating websites could be posted together at each site or at starwars.hasbro.com with credits to the submitting site for each question?

Given the fact that GI JOE is now taking off into the 2 inch scale figures with vehicles and accessories, would HASBRO consider going in this direction with STAR WARS TOYS?

Hopefully that'll make it easier for you to pick out this week's questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:43 am 
Killer Mothman

Chris,

Thanks for re-posting the questions. A few of mine had gotten lost in the shuffle.

Here's a couple more:

Will we ever see a super-articulated General Grevious? or one with a soft goods cape?

Any plans for General Grevious' starfighter (the one Obi Wan boosts) vehicle?

"Blue Snaggletooth" released in the Kmart exclusive had a "Zutton" head but the one we all know and love (from the vintage Sears set) had a "Teekel" head. Any chance we'll ever get a new "correct" Blue Snaggletooth?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:35 am 
An Insider

I'll admit that this is probably the wrong place to ask but...Battelstar Galactica. It is up on the list with Lost and Desperate Housewives as far as popular TV right now and my question; Is Hasbrow going to ever go beyond the Titanium line of vehicles?

Battlestar Galactica would very much complement the Star War section of the toy isle. BSG was incorporated into the Titanium line of vehicles so when are you going to give up 3 3/4 Apollo, Starbuck, Cylon Centurion and a Viper and Cylon raider for them to sit in? I want to have a four way dog fight between my Tie Fighter, X-Wing and the BSG action figures and vehicles! It would be a small line as the show only has a dozen or so cast members and four vehicles to speak of. A moderate size line to be sure...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:16 am 
ChrisLyne wrote:
Misc.
Is there anyway that the questions/answers from all of the participating websites could be posted together at each site or at starwars.hasbro.com with credits to the submitting site for each question?

That's already being done here:

The Categorized (and Chronological!) Hasbro Q & A Archive at JediDefender

Categorized listings on the first page; chronological listings on the second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:13 am 
Resin

Thanks MWB!

And welcome to the boards! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:17 pm 
Killer Mothman

Hey,

Did someone here at ActionFigureInsider.com forget to post our questions for this week? We need to be represented!!

My question is: Since you have stated a desire to see original Kenner figures reproduced in the Vintage Original Trilogy collection, will we be getting the "Death Squad Commander" (aka Death Star Commander) soon to finish off our collection based on the original twelve figures?

If playability is an issue, you can always do the cap/helmet trick with him ala the recent General Veers or the 12" figure - that way kids will have two options when it comes to play and collectors will have twice as many reason to buy multiples!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:51 am 
Resin

Maybe Julius was too busy last week? I know I had a busy week at work!

Post subject: Answers for week of 9/19
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:43 am 
Daniel Pickett

Here are our answers for this week:

1. Since you have stated a desire to see original Kenner figures reproduced in the Vintage Original Trilogy collection, will we be getting the "Death Squad Commander" (aka Death Star Commander) soon to finish off our collection based on the original twelve figures? If playability is an issue, you can always do the cap/helmet trick with him ala the recent General Veers or the 12" figure - that way kids will have two options when it comes to play and collectors will have twice as many reason to buy multiples! -Scott R.

Well that's an interesting one, isn't it? The challenge with that one is finding a way to make a body substantially better than the one we have in Saga, and we really like that one right now. Until we have a solution for this one, he'll be lower on the pecking order. But we agree that he stands out as one of the original 12 that should be done at some point to "close" the original 12 (along with a Jawa...which will NOT be out in 2007).

2. Did the amount of EU characters in the Fans' Choice poll surprise you? Did this affect your 2007 (or 2008) plans?
"Yes" to the questions. What surprised us actually was the diversity and strength of support for some of the EU characters. The strong comic character following was expected, but the strength of the game choices especially was more than we thought we'd see. It's not surprising given the success of the great crop of SW videogames (and exciting characters and storylines) from LucasArts. This in turn is great for our long-term program of producing the most exciting characters from Star Wars universe on the whole, including films, games, comics, novels, and the like.

3. How many waves for 2007? You said there would be a Concept Art figure in the first 8, but will there be more than 8 waves?
There will be nine waves total, with a McQ figure for each of the first 8 waves (including the reissue Stormtrooper in Wave 1).

Great questions everyone! keep them coming!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:06 am 
my tummy itches

I have a question for Hasbro.

You have said you have the license to do figures and vehicles based off the ORIGINAL Battlestar Galactica. Yet, all your Titanium items are based off the new series. Are you saying though, you DO NOT have the license to make figures based off the current series?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:46 pm 
Killer Mothman

Thanks for posting the questions Julius!!

Another question to add to the list:

As a "old school" Star Wars fan I'm really excited about the Marvel comic two-packs. Aside from the current wave of repaints, will we be seeing kit-bashed or new sculpt versions of the following characters: Jaxxon, Valance the Hunter, Baron Tagge, Lady Lumiya/Shira Brie, Crimson Jack, Kligson of Droidworld, General Biel, Fenn Shysa, Tobbi Dala or Marvel's version of Jabba the Hutt?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:46 am 
Resin

Chris Roach, I think this might answer your question;

Quote:
Since Hasbro is doing some of the SCI-FI Channel's Battlestar Galactica ships as Titaniums, will you be doing any action figures from the new series or the old TV series? Would they be in the same 3 3/4-inch scale as Star Wars figures if you did? - projectphenix

ANSWER: Yes, we do have plans and they are in the 3-3/4" scale. The first one up this Fall is the current Cylon. Look for that on shelves in December. As for 2007, there are more plans for both the new and old shows but you'll have to stay tuned.

From SWCollector.com

And Scott I think this might answer (or not as the case always seems to be with Hasbro) your question about a new General Grievous;

Quote:
Q: Hasbro was recently quoted as saying that whenever you make a new General Grievous figure it will be correctly scaled, will we be getting a new Grievous figure next year in the 30th Anniversary Collection?

A: We can't address any more specific character questions for the line next year. You'll have to wait and see...

From Sir Steve's Guide.

Can't wait to see the answers JM got this week!

I think my top question right now is;

You're said that there are a number of EU figure slots in the main line for none-comic EU characters. Not counting the Concept Art figures how many EU slots are there in the main line? Obviously Darth Revan is one, but I'm wondering how many more we can expect and how many are from the Top 25? Also are these all game/Clone Wars figures, or are there some novel characters as well? I know you find art sources harder for novels, but for core EU characters there are several covers (US and Japanese) as well as Essential Guide art to work from.

Edit: Updated my question due to the answers from Jedi Defender this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:58 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

As an army builder, I'm all about Clone/Storm Troopers. I remember a while back, Hasbro sold an internet exclusive GI Joe army builder set with a bunch of BATs. They came in a plain white box and wrapped individually in baggies. Is there any chance we would see a Storm/Clone Trooper army builder set released in this manner? Preferably with lots of regulay white troopers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next