I’m having a love affair with these new retro toys. Between Funko’s ReAction, what Zica is doing and even those custom figures from Iron Cow, I’m just sunk. I didn’t think I was going to fall so hard for them, but I’m really into them, which makes me all the more worried about what all I will see at Toy Fair next week. Jason thinks there may be a backlash with the sculpts because of what fans are used to. What do you guys think? Are you loving the retro revolution or are you over it already?
In this episode we discuss:
- Zica’s new Six Million Dollar Man 3.75” action figure line.
- AFi has an interview with Brian the CEO of Funko.
- Lots of geek movie commercials have been confirmed for the Super Bowl this weekend. Look for spots for ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier,’ ‘Transformers: Age of Extinction,’ ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2,’ ‘Need for Speed,’ ‘Draft Day,’ and a Toyota tie-in with ‘Muppets Most Wanted‘
- The new “Plastic Galaxy” documentary about vintage Kenner Star Wars figures.
- There are rumors coming out of Guardian of the Galaxy Lego.
- Gal Godot signs 3 picture deal as Wonder Woman.
- We are getting one more 6” DCUC surprise from Mattel.
- Peter Capaldi’s new Doctor Who costume made it’s debut this week.
- Jason caught up on some recent movies this past week: Gravity, Her, Prisoners and The Lone Ranger
- Jason is really digging the new Mattel DC Total Heroes line 6″ figures.
- Jason has found a couple of ‘white whales’ this week on Ebay.
- Doctor Who exclusive toy set from the UK.
All that and much more. So pull up a chair and sit down with your favorite listening device and join us for an hour as we tackle the week in geek.
No Comments »
Leave a Comment
- October 2015 
- September 2015 
- August 2015 
- July 2015 
- June 2015 
- May 2015 
- April 2015 
- March 2015 
- February 2015 
- January 2015 
- December 2014 
- November 2014 
- October 2014 
- September 2014 
- August 2014 
- View complete archive...