Oh man! Another gap between episodes? Yes. Yes it’s true. Both Jason and I have been traveling a bit this Spring so our schedules have been a little wonky. I just got back from Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle and Jason ran off to the Twin Cites for a bit, so we were literally running in opposite directions! But don’t worry, we will be reunited this Easter weekend as he is a guest on a panel that I’m moderating this Friday at WonderCon in Anaheim! (more on that below!)
Whenever there is a gap between episode it just means that there’s even MORE to discuss each time we sit down together.
In this episode we discuss:
- Daredevil coming this month on Netflix
- Our Toy Fair 2015 recap
- Want a Hot Toys Hulk Buster Iron Man? That will just cost you about $850.
- The Four Horsemen Mythic Legions Kickstarter funded!
- Mattel MOTUC Club 200x subscription also funded.
- Avengers Poster
- Star Wars: Rogue One and Episode VIII announcements
- Blomencamp Alien movie gets Ripley – ignores 3 and 4
- All-male Ghostbusters also planned?
- New Tomorrowland Trailer
- Tron 3 moving forward
- Harrison Ford Plane Crash
- Awesome new Avengers trailer
- Marvel 11 Movie Marathon
- CBS Supergirl costume revealed
- Dean Cain and Helen Slater in new CBS Supergirl
- Marvel Studios not attending Comic Con? That’s the rumor.
- Daniel’s new Legion of Dans Podcast.
- Leonard Nimoy passes
- Terry Pratchett passes
- Daniel’s friend Jay West
All that and more in episode 120!
If you find yourself at Wondercon 2014 in Anaheim this weekend be sure and check out our panel:
Are mass-market collector toys dying? The price of raw materials and costs of the production process continue to skyrocket. Action figures that were $7.99 five years ago are now in stores for over $20. At that price can you still be a “completist?” Is Kickstarter the better way to go for an up-and-coming toy company to get figures in the hands of collectors? Are toy collectors prepared for the onslaught of all of the new Star Wars figures that will come from the new movies? A panel of toy industry insiders and collectors examine just what is going on today and where it’s all going in the future. Moderator Daniel Pickett (ActionFigureInsider.com, host of Geek Shall Inherit podcast) is joined by industry experts Justin Donaldson (collector, director, The Tournament of Nerds), Jim Fletcher and Kevin Kiniry (DC Collectibles) Jason Lenzi (co-founder, Bif Bang Pow!), Scott Neitlich (director of play, Jakks Pacific, collector), Jeff Trojan (Playmates Toys) and David Vonner (senior designer/product manager Spin Master).
Friday April 3, 2015 1:30pm – 2:30pm
1 Comment »
Leave a Comment
- October 2018 
- September 2018 
- August 2018 
- July 2018 
- June 2018 
- May 2018 
- April 2018 
- March 2018 
- February 2018 
- January 2018 
- December 2017 
- November 2017 
- October 2017 
- September 2017 
- August 2017 
- View complete archive...