Charitymates announced today that their Charitymates 6 Custom Minimate auctions are now live and ready for bids!
Charitymates is an annual charity event held at the Minimate Multiverse. During this event, Minimate customizers (veteran and novice alike) create and donate a Minimate custom based on a theme chosen by the community. These one-of-a-kind creations are then auctioned off on eBay with 75% of the proceeds going to a specific charity (also chosen by the community) and the remaining 25% helping with the operation costs of the Minimate Multiverse.
This year’s theme is And Thus The Creatures Played! Customizers created unique Minimates based on famous mythological creatures. Many of the artists who have participated in the past returned again this year, providing an all-star line-up of talented customizers. And our charity of choice, the American Red Cross, needs donations now more than ever. They are currently supporting victims of Hurricane Sandy, with more than 4,000 disaster workers providing shelter, food and relief supplies, particularly in hard-hit New Jersey and New York. You can read about their latest hurricane relief efforts here.
You can view the Charitymates auctions here on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/charitymates/m.html?item=321016352155
||Posted by Daniel Pickett