Here’s a great idea made better. We all remember the old Rock’em Sock’em Robots (by Marx!) and spent many an afternoon pummeling our opponent. But what if you could open that "arena" up and REALLY get to some robot bashing?!?!
That’s the idea behind Johnny Lightnings new BATTLE WHEELS. These are collectible remote controlled,fighting robots and as you’ll see from the video below they are a ton of fun and really draw a crowd.
After trying these out I think my new rule in 2008 at the AFI offices and at work that ALL disputes will be settled by Battle Wheels! May the best ‘bot win!!
The press kit on these is an amazing idea and more companies should take note. Getting one of these was fun, but to really get the full flavor of them you need at least two of them so they can FIGHT!
Here’s some more info on Battle Wheels:
· Each Battle Wheel warrior comes with five removable pieces of armor, two weapons, a controller, and a cardboard training dummy
· The fully articulated warriors can be strategically positioned for attack or defense depending on the style of combat chosen
· Five removable pieces of armor (2 shoulder pads, 2 wheel blades and a shield), as well as the individual character’s battle weapons, accompany each warrior into battle
· Fallen armor wreckage is left strewn around the battlefield at the end of a match
· Body armor and weapons can be interchanged between Battle Wheel warriors to outfit the ultimate champion
· Play one-on-one, or as a team with the multiband feature allowing up to six warriors to battle at the same time.
VUL “The Savage Protector of Venus”
Born of fire and untamed like the flames of Venus, he decimates his opponents with his lightning sword and chain mace
TYR “The Cold arm of Pluto’s Justice”
Cold and calculated, Tyr is heavily armored with a shield that staves off any opponent and a relentlessness that will stop nothing short of victory
BASHAMON “The silent enforcer of Saturn’s law”
Lurking in the misty shadows of Saturn’s ring, Bashamon is ready to deliver a quick end to his unsuspecting foes wielding a sneaky cat-o-nines and powerful mallet
KAGU-TSUCHI “The fury of Mercury’s fire”
Explosive rage like the molten springs of Mercury, Kagu-Tsuchi’s combat skills are a testament to his furious battle rage and crushing blow at intense speeds