Mattel Brands Unveils a Robust Portfolio of Premier Partnerships and Innovative Properties across Boys, Girls, Games, Infant and Toddler Brands
Global Licensing Leader Announces Unparalleled Category Alliances With Jonathan Adler, Creative Design International, Buster Brown & Co. and More
LAS VEGAS, Jun 01, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Today at the 2009 Licensing International Show, Mattel, the world’s leading toy company, reveals its portfolio of best-in-class partners with new entertainment alliances, home décor offerings, products that inspire an active lifestyle and original branded play experiences for boys and girls of all ages.
"Mattel Brands leads the industry as both a pioneering licensor and a trusted licensee because we continue to demonstrate innovation within our portfolio of leading brands, through unique cross-branded partnerships and with first-of-their kind retail experiences," said Neil Friedman, President, Mattel Brands. "We successfully align with other globally renowned partners to bring families innovative, quality co-branded products and experiences."
Mattel Brands announces premier partners across numerous licensed categories, including entertainment, home décor, beauty, party décor/giftables, games, food and outdoor play products.
Additionally, Mattel has licensing agreements for a variety of popular kids’ properties, and works closely with leading entertainment companies, such as Disney, FOX, Warner Bros. and World Wrestling Entertainment, to name a few.
New premier partners and licensing agreements include:
- Barbie(TM) Loves Jonathan Adler – For Grownups: Barbie(R) Malibu Dream House(R) becomes a reality thanks to famed interior designer Jonathan Adler. Style and design décor enthusiasts who want to replicate Adler’s "happy chic" style and Barbie(R) doll’s Malibu mystique in their own homes can celebrate with a capsule collection of "Barbie(TM) Loves Jonathan Adler" décor pieces, including designer pottery, pillows, decorative objects and more. (available September 2009)
- T3: The Barbie(R) brand extends its presence in the beauty category with T3, a premium hair tools and styling products company, for a limited-edition Featherweight blow dryer. T3’s award-winning dryer was used by celebrity-stylist Orlando Pita to style 50 models’ hair at the Barbie(TM) Runway Show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in February. (available September 2009)
- Stila Cosmetics: Barbie(R) gets all "dolled up" with Stila, announcing the cosmetics company as its Official Prestige Makeup Partner for 2009. Stila is celebrating all things Barbie(R) by bringing Barbie(R) doll’s signature beauty looks to life with innovative, whimsical beauty products, including a limited edition spring collection of Beauty Cans and a Talking Eye Shadow Palette! This fall, a larger Barbie(TM) beauty program is slated to roll out. (Spring collection available now at Sephora 5th Avenue Stores and at sephora.com, Fall collection available September 2009)
- Markwins: Barbie(R) pairs up with Markwins to offer girls an unapologetically all-girl beauty collection. From lip gloss and lip balm to nail polish, eye shadow and more, the line features iconic Barbie(R) designs celebrating five decades of fashion and beauty play in a fun, stylish way. (available October 2009)
- Amscan: Girls and boys will be able to celebrate their birthday’s this year with new Barbie(TM) and Hot Wheels(TM) party collections, including party tableware, decorations and favors. The line plays up Barbie(R) doll’s fashion and fun, while the Hot Wheels(TM) "Speed City" collection highlights the speed, power, performance and attitude of the Hot Wheels(R) brand with crash and stunt scene imagery. (available September 2009 at Party City and other party specialty retailers)
- Becker-Mayer: Barbie(R) and Becker-Mayer present the official 50th anniversary book highlighting Barbie(R) as a pop-culture and fashion icon, as well as an inspiration to girls globally. All Dolled Up: Celebrating 50 Years of Barbie(R), includes nine interactive components such as a Barbie(R) fan club membership card and more than 350 dolls and fashions. (available September 2009)
- Dylan’s Candy Bar: This sweet partnership brings together iconic Barbie(R) style along with the quality and fun of Dylan’s Candy Bar products to create a sassy and sweet line of candy by blending iconic Barbie(R) imagery and tongue-in-check sayings including, "Still in Mint Condition" mint tins, "Lips Like Sugar" Lipstick and chocolate high heels. (available now at Dylan’s Candy Bar store locations, Neiman Marcus and Fred Segal.)
- Hilco Corporation: Making racing sweeter than ever, Hilco Corporation and Hot Wheels(R) will launch candy-filled Tube Toppers and Dispensers. The Tube Toppers line offers two different automotive surprises on top of a sweet treat; including the Wind Up N’ Roll Car Track for your racing enjoyment and the Car and Stamper which boys can use to stamp images of their favorite Hot Wheels(R) cars wherever they are. The Candy Filled Race Car Dispenser is a free-wheeling car that not only looks cool, but is packed with candy for kids on the go. (available Holiday 2009)
- Fundex Games, Ltd: Barbie(R) and Hot Wheels(TM) team up with Fundex Games to offer the ultimate game time collection. The Barbie(TM) "pink-inspired" game collection speaks to the little fashionista in each of us; featuring the only pink-fashioned girl card and Domino games on the market. Fathers and sons can spend time together with car-inspired games and puzzles like the Hot Wheels(TM) Make ‘em Move special feature puzzles with moveable "car part" pieces and the Hot Wheels(TM) Body WorX Lunch Box Game; packaged in a reusable lunch box tin so players can take it anywhere. (available Fall 2009)
- SDI Technologies: Barbie(R) has joined hands with SDI Technologies the makers of iHome products to develop a line of Barbie(R) inspired MP3 docking stations and portable stereos that wi
ll appeal to girls of all ages. The line will launch with 6 different fun styles from on-the-go sport cases for your MP3 players to portable stereo speaker systems. (available at TRU Fall 2009)
- ToyQuest: Barbie(R) teams up with ToyQuest to create a comprehensive collection of seasonal products providing girls with fun experiences filled with plenty of pink! Several key categories include inflatable pools and pool toys, sand boxes and accessories, bubbles, sprinklers, chalk, and garden tools that will hit retail shelves in time for spring 2010.
- J. Lloyd International: The maker of the Original Big Wheel has partnered with Barbie(R) and Hot Wheels(R) to create a new ride on vehicle. Boys will have some seriously big fun riding and driving with an impressive 16-inch front-wheel leading the way. (available Spring 2010)
- Dynacraft: Dynacraft and Hot Wheels(R) help boys race to the finish line with the Hot Wheels(TM) Rev Grip Bike. Dynacraft, a leader in the bicycle and scooter industry, offers the only bike on the market that has a "rev" grip on the handlebar that makes motorcycle "revving" sounds, allowing boys to safely speed through their neighborhood streets. (available now.)
- Hot Wheels(R) Battle Force 5(TM): In late August 2009, Mattel will debut an original animated television series – Hot Wheels(R) Battle Force 5(TM) on Cartoon Network. Featuring eye-catching CGI animation, Battle Force 5(TM) transports kids into a fantasy world where they will meet an elite team of drivers in five ultra-cool, ultra-fast vehicles. They’re teens, they’re turbo-charged and they must work together using their armored battle machines to save the Earth from the most outrageous galactic predators.
A comprehensive licensing portfolio featuring nearly 30 products for boys across 15 different consumer products categories will allow boys of all ages to re-create their own Hot Wheels(R) Battle Force 5(TM) adventures, including: accessories (backpacks, messenger bags, wallets, watches, sunglasses, socks), apparel (t-shirts, sportswear, sleepwear, underwear), footwear (athletic shoes, skate shoes, sandals), home décor (bedding, throw blankets, table/chair sets, lunch kits, dinnerware sets), publishing (graphic novels and magazines), gifts & collectibles, role play, electronics, interactive media, party supplies and sporting goods. (available Fall 2009-Spring 2010)
- Palms Casino Resort: Barbie(R) is partnering with the Palms Casino Resort to the launch the first-ever Barbie(TM) Suite. Barbie(R) doll’s custom decor and signature pieces from her real life Malibu Dream House(R) will now be at The Palms Casino Resort where girls of all ages can experience the fun and fantasy of the Barbie(R) Dream House(R) first hand. Designed by famed "Happy Chic" interior designer Jonathan Adler, this suite is the ultimate Vegas destination for bachelorettes, birthdays and anyone who wants to be pampered in pink. The Barbie(TM) Suite includes skirted, corseted, laceup "dress" chairs, a sunburst mirror made from 65 Barbie(R) dolls, several pieces from the Barbie(TM) Loves Jonathan Adler home décor collection and artwork featuring the Original 1959 Barbie(R) doll and the new Bathing Suit doll. (available June 2009)
Role Play Toys
Apparel and Footwear
- Buster Brown & Co.: Fisher-Price(R) and best-in-class footwear partner, Buster Brown, joined to launch new infant and toddler footwear. The footwear features the innovative Fit-Zone(R) technology which allows parents to gauge their child’s shoe size without a fitting. Nine fashionable styles were introduced in the spring, with additional styles being added later this year. (available Spring/Fall 2009)
- Mayfair: Fisher-Price(R) and new partner Mayfair introduced a fun, playful fashion apparel line for children, featuring graphics of popular Fisher-Price(R) toys like the Chatter Telephone(R) and Buzzy Bee pull-toys. The new collection of children’s playwear includes 16 styles of tops and bottoms, with an additional 32 new styles being introduced this Fall. (available Spring/Fall 2009)
- AD Sutton: Baby accessories manufacturer AD Sutton teamed up with Fisher-Price(R) to introduce fashionable new diaper bags, gifts and layette sets. The new items are part of the new Precious Planet(TM) Collection, featuring adorable baby animals like monkeys, giraffes and polar bears. (available Spring 2009)
- Hamco: Fisher-Price(R) extended its new Precious PlanetTM theme into relevant complementary categories by collaborating with new partner Hamco to introduce bath accessories and bibs this year. (available Spring 2009)
Additional alliances for the Barbie(R) brand include: Graphique de France, Universal Studios Home Entertainment, Assouline, Rootstein Mannequins, Bloomingdales, Fred Segal and others. Additional alliances for the Hot Wheels(TM) brand include: Activision Publishing, Inc., Del Rey/Random House, Firebrand Media, Freeze, AME, Handcraft and ACI International among others; and for Fisher-Price(R): Hallmark, ToyQuest, Moose Mountain, Modern Publishing, Martin Yaffe, Somerset Entertainment, Crown Crafts, Harper Collins, Delta, Blue Ridge International, Mayfair, Basic Fun and others.
Mattel, Inc., (NYSE:MAT) (www.mattel.com) is the worldwide leader in the design, manu
facture and marketing of toys and family products. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Barbie(R), the most popular fashion doll ever introduced, Hot Wheels(R), Matchbox(R), American Girl(R), Radica(R) and TycoR/C(R), as well as Fisher-Price(R) brands, including Little People(R), Power Wheels(R) and a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2009, Mattel is recognized among the "100 Best Corporate Citizens," as one of the "World’s Most Ethical Companies" and as one of FORTUNE Magazine’s "100 Best Companies to Work For." With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs approximately 30,000 people in 43 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Mattel’s vision is to be the world’s premier toy brands–today and tomorrow.
BARBIE and associated trademarks and trade dress are owned by, and used under license from, Mattel, Inc. © 2009 Mattel, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
From June 2-June 4, Mattel executives will be in Las Vegas attending the Licensing International Show, media interested in meeting with Mattel can contact Rachel Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 266-9539.
© 2009 FOX
TM & © WWE, Inc.