SAN DIEGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT) brings fans of all ages the hottest in San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) on-sale collectibles and star-studded celebratory events. Visit booth #3029 or Mattycollector.com for the latest SDCC news, event schedules and on-sale product information.
Hot Wheels® Star Wars™ Darth Vader vehicle (Photo: Business Wire)
Mattel SDCC Fan Firsts:
- Max Steel the Movie: Talent Autograph Signing: Cast and creative team from Dolphin Films & Mattel’s new superhero film Max Steel will be on hand for autograph signings Friday, July 25th. Come and meet Max Steel theatrical writer Chris Yost (Thor: The Dark World and Thor 3, Marvel, DC, Image Comics), film director Stewart Hendler (Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, H+) and Max Steel theatrical leads Ben Winchell (Max McGrath) and Ana Villafañe (Sofia Martinez). Fans can also receive a limited edition movie poster, and enjoy an exclusive display of exciting props and imagery from the movie including the public debut of the Max Steel and Dread armored suits! Check out @MaxSteelMovie on Twitter and Instagram.
- Hot Wheels® Star Wars™: The collaboration of two epic forces begins! Hot Wheels® and Star Wars™ celebrate an all-new line of vehicles and playsets due out later this year in an exclusive SDCC display. See amazing Star Wars™-inspired Hot Wheels® character cars and a world of replica diecast starships and playsets. And don’t miss the reveal of the life-sized, fully operational Hot Wheels® “Darth Vader Car” happening on Wednesday, July 23rd at the Mattel booth!
- WWE® Superstar Autograph Signings: WWE Legend Hulk Hogan™ and WWE accompanied by Superstar Daniel Bryan® will be on hand for autograph signings on Thursday July 24th. In addition, WWE Continuing the autograph Smackdown, large and in-charge Superstar Big E™ will also be conducting fan signings on Friday July 25th —all happening at booth #3029.
- DC Universe Classics: One of the most demanded figures in the DCU Classics Signature Series—Doomsday—finally arrives! On-sale at SDCC, this massive 9″ tall maniac had the ultimate face-off with Superman™ in the best-selling issue of Superman #75. For the first time in toy history, Doomsday sports his signature containment suit!
- Ever After High: For the first time, the teenage sons and daughters of famous fairytales join the SDCC party. To spellebrate the occasion a unique student, Cerise Wolf, daughter of The Big Badwolf, will be on sale. Get your paws on her fast as pre-sale units sold out in only 28 minutes! Visit the Ever After High Booth for photo opportunities and be there Friday at 2:00pm for a signing with Shannon Hale, author of two Ever After High New York Times Youth bestselling books.
- Mega Bloks Collectors Series Call of Duty® & Halo®: Mega Bloks will be giving away limited edition exclusive micro action figures at booth #3351, featuring first-time interchangeable armour and augmented pose-ability! Visitors can also witness the reveal of the world’s first Mega Bloks Call of Duty Signature Series set and visit the make-and-take station to build their very own unique SDCC souvenir.
- Minecraft First Look: Get ready to dig in to the world of Minecraft! Teaming with Mojang AB, Mattel debuts a line of Minecraft-inspired items that bring the game to life in ways you’ve never seen before. Join on Sunday, July 27th for autographs and photos with the one and only iHasCupquake!
Mattel Celebratory Events & Panels:
Wednesday, July 23rd-Sunday July 27th
She-Ra’s 30th Birthday Celebration
- Celebrate the 30th anniversary of one of the most iconic action starts of the 80’s – She-Ra Princess of Power! Swing by the Mattel booth to pick up our SDCC Etheria Invasion Hordak, the first ever released of She-Ra’s arch enemy in animation colors, including his sidekick Imp and EXCLUSIVE to SDCC, as a free gift with purchase receive Imp disguised as a Treasure Chest free! Also join us for an incredible She-Ra Cos-Play contest, collect She-Ra buttons and much more!
Thursday, July 24th
Mattel and WWE: over-the-top action!
10:15a.m. – 11:15a.m. (Room: 6DE)
- Two of the world’s top global entertainment companies have teamed up for the ultimate panel at SDCC. WWE Superstars and Mattel designers will talk about the all-new WWE Network and give exclusive sneak peeks of Mattel’s upcoming WWE figure releases! Incredible guest appearances: Hulk Hogan, Daniel Bryan, Michael Cole™, Paul Heyman™ and you never know who else may drop by. This is a panel you won’t want to miss, brother!
Friday, July 25th
Mattel Presents: Mattypalooza 2014
11:00a.m. – 12:00p.m. (Room: 25ABC)
- Celebrating its 6th year at SDCC, come get the inside scoop on your favorite collectable toys from Mattel: Masters of the Universe®, DC Comics™, Ghostbusters™ and more! Plus be there to hear the latest news on the future of MOTU Classics! This panel will also include an insightful Q & A with Mattel Marketing Manager Scott “Toy Guru” Neitlich, Mattel Toy Designer Brandon Sopinsky, Digital Content Strategist Eve Orio and special guests The Four Horsemen. If you go to one Toy Panel at SDCC, make it Mattypalooza!
Saturday, July 26th
Mattel Presents: Monster High 2014
11:30a.m. – 12:30p.m. (Room 5AB)
- We are Monster High! Don’t stop rockin’ your right to fright—we are Monster High! Rally with the coolest ghouls and mansters of Monster High to get a freak peek at exclusive scenes from the newest Monster High DVD, Freaky Fusion (this Fall from Universal Studios Home Entertainment), a never-before-seen webisode, and more! Plus, a live performance from the freaky talented Monster High voice actors, including: Erin Fitzgerald (voice of Abbey, Spectra, Scarah & Rochelle), America Young (voice of Howleen & Toralei), Ogie Banks (voice of Clawd), Paula Rhodes (voice of Sirena & Iris), and Stephanie Sheh (voice of Jinafire & Boolittle). Moderated by Emmy-Award winning Executive Producer of Monster High, Audu Paden. But that’s not all… our Monster High team is just DYING to share more secrets lurking the halls of Monster High! Garrett Sander, Rebecca Shipman, Natalie Villegas, Glenda Chiu, Ivy Bleser, and Scott Wilger (Monster High Toy Designers) and Eric Hardie (Monster High Copywriter) will reveal uhhh-mazing new Monster High ghouls and how they came to un-life!
The Mattel family of companies (Nasdaq: MAT) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. Mattel’s portfolio of best-selling brands includes Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever produced, Hot Wheels®, Monster High®, American Girl®, Thomas & Friends® and Fisher-Price® brands, including Little People® and Power Wheels®, MEGA® Brands, including MEGA BLOKS® and RoseArt®, as well as a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2013, Mattel was named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” by Ethisphere Magazine and in 2014 ranked No. 5 on Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “100 Best Corporate Citizens” list. With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel’s companies employ nearly 30,000 people in 40 countries and territories and sell products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are Creating the Future of Play. Visit us at www.mattel.com, www.facebook.com/mattel or www.twitter.com/mattel.
TM & (c) DC Comics.
© & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd.
No Comments »
Leave a Comment
- February 2019 
- January 2019 
- December 2018 
- November 2018 
- October 2018 
- September 2018 
- August 2018 
- July 2018 
- June 2018 
- May 2018 
- April 2018 
- March 2018 
- February 2018 
- January 2018 
- December 2017 
- View complete archive...