Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, Monster High® and Fisher-Price® Extend Play Outside of the Toy Box with New Global Consumer Products Initiatives
LAS VEGAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)— At the 2012 Las Vegas Licensing International Expo, Mattel, Inc. will showcase its powerful portfolio of iconic brands and successful properties. Mattel is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacturing and the marketing of toys and family products, and leads the way in translating the most popular toy brands in the industry into lifestyle brands through innovative and impactful partnerships around the world. Las Vegas Licensing International Expo will serve as the platform for the company to introduce new and exciting partnerships to an industry audience.
“Extending our intellectual property to build lifestyle brands continues to be a key focus for us,” said Rosa Zeegers, Senior Vice President, Mattel Global Consumer Products Licensing. “We are able to capture the magical and emotional connection children and adults feel with our brands to offer new ways to play with relevant branded experiences unique to each market.”
Unveiling its multi-category line-up of new consumer products across the Mattel portfolio, Mattel will demonstrate just how it delivers an unparalleled global footprint while maintaining a healthy balance of global branding and local relevance.
Barbie® invites fans to “See What Happens” when dreams get dressed up and aspirations get accessorized by introducing innovative, fashionable and fun consumer products. This year, a new Barbie® apparel collection will launch in 10,000 doors across various retailers and countries around the world. This fall in the U.S. specifically, Barbie® apparel will unveil a new girls line at Walmart® and Kmart® with Bentex Group, Inc. Monster High® continues to infuse rich and relatable storytelling through strategic consumer products partnerships and will be introducing a new middle grade book series with Little, Brown Books for Young Readers’ this fall. Hot Wheels® continues to deliver thrilling vehicle experiences for boys of all ages, across multiple consumer product categories, including a new diecast partnership with Saban Brands. A true lifestyle brand, Fisher-Price® has product offerings in a multitude of categories that span the range from birth to preschool including: baby gear, layette, infant accessories, publishing, music and party.
Mattel will reveal new best-in-class partnerships and product offerings for infants, kids, tweens and adults with global programs for its key properties including Barbie®, Monster High®, Hot Wheels® and Fisher-Price®. Highlights include:
APPAREL, ACCESSORIES & ROLE PLAY
- Bentex Group, Inc.: Young fashionistas can show their love for the world’s most fashionable doll with a new apparel collection from The Bentex Group, Inc. The Barbie branded collection includes apparel set combinations of tops and tunics with skirts or leggings that feature details girls love like chiffon, tulle and ruffles. The Bentex Group and Barbie® are also launching a line of Barbie™ graphic tees showcasing glam embellishments including sparkles, sequins and bows. (Available: Fall 2012)
- Just Play: In partnership with Just Play, Mattel features Barbie™ branded role play toys, plush pets and styling heads that provide girls with hours of imaginative and aspirational play. Glittery dresses, flouncy tutus and accessory sets galore! If that is not enough, Just Play is also bringing styling heads to the retail landscape including a deluxe styling head with fun color change technology and plenty of wear and share hair accessories. (Available: Fall 2012)
- Rubie’s: In 2011, Monster High® was the #7 most-searched Halloween costume, according to Google. In 2012 Mattel partners with Rubie’s Costume Company, Inc to make freaky even more fabulous, expanding their Monster High™ Collection to include the first-ever deluxe costumes for adults. Deluxe adult costumes will be offered for Frankie Stein™, Draculaura™ and Clawdeen Wolf™ characters featuring intricate designs created to showcase each characters unique attributes and playful, signature style. The adult collection will join the existing popular line of children’s Monster High™ branded Halloween costumes and accessories. In addition, Monster High™ makeup kits, wigs and accessories are available and sold separately. Available in girls and adult female sizes (select designs only). (Available: Halloween 2012)
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers: This Fall, a new “Monster High” middle grade book series will expand the global partnership of Little, Brown Books for Young Readers’ and Monster High® into the tween market. The new series, called Ghoulfriends Forever, will be written by Gitty Daneshvari, author of the popular School of Fear books. The series adds three new monster characters — Robecca Steam, Rochelle Goyle, and Venus McFlytrap — to the Monster High® storyline, which centers around the perfectly-imperfect teenage descendants of the world’s most famous monsters. The new students must learn monster-rific subjects like Biteology, Home Ick, and Mad Science while navigating the bewildering array of established cliques. (Available: September 2012)
- Random House Children’s Books: Random House Children’s Books and Mattel celebrate 50 years of reading in style with Barbie®. In 2012, Random House Children’s Books and Mattel will celebrate 50 years of bringing Barbie® doll to the page for young readers through classic Golden Books. To commemorate this anniversary, Random House will publish two vintage replicas of the original Barbie™ stories and art from 1962, the first year of their partnership. Random House continues to bring Barbie™ stories to life for girls today with everything from coloring and activity books to Little Golden books and eBooks available everywhere that books are sold ensuring Barbie™ books for generations to come. (Available: Throughout 2012)
- Kent International: Fisher-Price® will launch a complete program of metal trikes and bikes with new licensee, Kent International. The line will feature formats designed to help young children learn to ride including the Stroll2Ride Trike (trike w/ steerable handle), Folding Trike, My 1st Bike (10″ Bike w/ training wheels) and Learn 2 Balance Bike (glide format with no pedals). (Available: Now)
- Dynacraft – Barbie®: Girls who love Barbie® will love the new Barbie™ Bling It Bike from Dynacraft. With the Barbie™ Bling It Bike girls decorate their own bike and bike bag with gemstones, markers, and 5 blank inserts for the bag for girls to color and decorate. The sturdy frames are decorated with a Barbie™ design, handlebar pad, comfort grips and stylish bike bag. Girls will ride in style with the high-gloss adjustable seat and colorful training wheels. For added fun, the Barbie™ Bling It Bike also comes with a mini Barbie® bike attached to the handlebars that fits a Barbie® doll – perfect for the child who wants to bring Barbie® everywhere, including on bike-riding adventures. Doll not included. (Available: Spring 2012 at Toys R Us and Target)
- Dynacraft – Hot Wheels®: In 2010 Hot Wheels® connected with their core consumer with a best-selling bike from Dynacraft, and this Spring, the brand will take the popular bike to the next level by introducing the Hot Wheels™ Turbo Revvin’ Rev Grip Bike with lights and sounds. Dynacraft’s new 14 inch boys Hot Wheels™ Turbo Revvin’ Rev Grip Bike features a BMX frame with new light up REV grip that Revs like a motor cycle. Boys will love learning to ride their bike in cool style with the high-gloss adjustable seat, a handlebar pad and comfort grips. (Available: Spring 2012)
TOYS & GAMES
- The Canadian Group: In a partnership with new licensee The Canadian Group, Fisher-Price® will introduce a line of infant and preschool puzzles beginning June 2012. The line will feature over 50 SKUs encompassing popular puzzle formats including sound puzzles, wood, paperboard and jigsaw. Products are based on Fisher-Price’s iconic Little People® and Laugh & Learn™ brands and will feature adorable characters and scenes from each property.
- Saban: Saban Brands and Mattel have partnered to produce a line of Power Rangers inspired Hot Wheels® vehicles that capture the action and excitement of the Power Rangers series. (Available: 2013)
HOME GOODS & PERSONAL CARE
- Najarian Furniture Company: Bringing fashionista-worthy furniture to the market, Barbie® partners with Najarian Furniture Company. Barbie® doll’s iconic style comes to life with this new line of Barbie®-inspired furniture. The line will include toddler furniture as well as a bedroom & office in a box concept that includes multiple pieces that can grow with the girl. (Available: Fall 2012)
- Biotropic Corporation: A new partnership in the US, Biotropic Corporation and Mattel partner to bring boys Hot Wheels™ branded personal care products inspired by their favorite Hot Wheels® vehicles. The new line of personal care products features car shaped bottles, tire shaped hair gel and more. (Available: Holiday 2012)
Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT) (www.mattel.com) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever introduced, Hot Wheels®, Matchbox®, American Girl®, Radica® and Hot Wheels® RC, as well as Fisher-Price® brands, including Thomas & Friends®, Little People®, Power Wheels® and a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2012, Mattel was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the fifth year in a row. Mattel also is ranked among Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “100 Best Corporate Citizens.” With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs approximately 28,000 people in 43 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are “Creating the Future of Play.” Follow Mattel on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattel.
- April 2017 
- March 2017 
- February 2017 
- January 2017 
- December 2016 
- November 2016 
- October 2016 
- September 2016 
- August 2016 
- July 2016 
- June 2016 
- May 2016 
- April 2016 
- March 2016 
- February 2016 
- View complete archive...