Mattel’s Trusted Brands Barbie(R), Hot Wheels(R), Monster High(TM), Mattel Games and Fisher-Price(R) Deliver Continued Excitement, Quality and Value for Holiday 2010
EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Oct 19, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Mattel Inc., the top toy maker in the world, leads the future of play with the introduction of this year’s hottest toys and games for the upcoming holiday season. With cutting-edge innovation and excitement wrapped into the designs of kids’ favorite toy brands, products from the biggest entertainment properties of the year, as well as new introductions that are sure to delight, Mattel has something for everyone, even the family dog.
"Mattel has some of the most iconic brands in the toy business," says Neil Friedman, president, Mattel Brands, "and we succeed in keeping them relevant year after year, and most importantly at the top of kids’ holiday wish lists, by continually reinventing brands and infusing magic into every toy."
Mattel uses innovation to address existing trends in today’s marketplace and transforms toys into sophisticated gadgets, bringing a new dimension to how kids play, such as with Barbie(R) Video Girl(TM) Doll, Hot Wheels(R) Stealth Rides(TM) Vehicles, iXL(TM) Learning System, Imaginext(R) Bigfoot The Monster or the Radica:(R) Puppy Tweets(TM) Tag, which leverages the social media platform Twitter(TM).
GIFT IDEAS FOR THE CONNECTED KID (OR CHILD INSIDE ALL OF US):
- Lights, Barbie(R), Action! Barbie(R) Video Girl(TM) Doll is an actual 11 ½-inch Barbie(R) doll that comes equipped with a video camera lens in her necklace and a color LCD video screen on her back, allowing girls to record nearly 30 minutes of footage from Barbie(R) doll’s point-of-view. Free editing software is available at Barbie.com. This innovative toy offers girls of all ages a new way to play with Barbie(R) doll. ($49.99)
- Hot Wheels(R) RC Stealth Rides(TM) Racing Car & Power Tread(TM) Vehicles are the first radio control vehicles that go from a flat carrying case, no bigger than a cell phone, and transform into a full-sized Hot Wheels(R) remote control car or tank. Stealth Rides(TM) vehicles’ sleek design offers boys unique portable play in step with the times. ($24.99)
- The paw-fect stocking stuffer for the family dog! With Radica(R): Puppy Tweets(TM) Tag, owners can follow their dog’s everyday activities via Twitter(TM). Owners simply attach the Puppy Tweets(TM) tag to their dog, download software, then create a Twitter account for their dog. Puppy Tweets(TM) captures the pup’s level of activity and barking and translates it into funny tweets. ($29.99)
- iXL(TM) Learning System is a dynamic, 6-in-1 smart device for kids ages 3-7 years that wraps learning and fun into the ultimate handheld gadget. iXL(TM) includes six great applications: Digital Reader, Game Player, Notepad, Art Studio, MP3 Player and Photo Viewer for endless creativity and fun packed in a small but powerful device. ($79.99)
- Kids of all ages will be in perfect harmony for the holidays with The Sing-a-ma-jigs! (TM) – the free-spirited and engaging plush characters. With each squeeze of their tummies, The Sing-a-ma-jigs! little mouths open wide to chatter, or sing a song, and when kids put them all together, they erupt into a harmonic chorus like none heard before! ($12.99)
- The Imaginext(R) Bigfoot The Monster is a life-like remote controlled monster friend for kids 3-8 years, with a big personality and more than 80 actions and phrases. Kids can bring BIGFOOT to life with an icon-driven, easy to use remote; and make him walk, elicit emotion, fall asleep, throw a ball, exercise and really wow with a somersault and backwards roll! Interactive touch points on his belly and mouth make him laugh, eat and even burp. ($99.99)
- Movie directors are getting younger all the time with help from the Fisher-Price(R) Kid-Tough(TM) Video Camera, a real video camera that is tough enough and easy enough for preschoolers to use! ($59.99) Fisher-Price brings music to little ears with the new Kid-Tough(TM) Music Player, a sturdy music player designed just for preschoolers! Kids will love singing along with the microphone to all their favorite tunes and can download additional songs from MP3, WMA and iTunes(R). ($49.99)
This year Mattel has launched a multiplatform tween targeted entertainment property, Monster High(TM), which brings together the frighteningly fashionable teenage descendants of the world’s most famous monsters. Monster High(TM) delivers scary cool content via publishing, web and entertainment vehicles, as well as an array of consumer products including apparel, accessories and toys – all within its first year.
With a constant finger on the pulse of today’s hottest entertainment properties, Mattel also leverages best-in-class partnerships with Disney-Pixar’s Toy Story 3, Thomas & Friends(TM) and World Wresting Entertainment(R) to make the magic of the holidays fun for the whole year. New twists on traditional role-play help kids act out their favorite scene and bring their favorite characters to life like never before.
FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT ENTHUSIAST:
- Deck the halls – the halls of Monster High(TM) – where the descendants of the world’s most famous monsters attend high school. Unwrap Draculaura(TM), Clawdeen Wolf(TM), Frankie Stein(TM) and Lagoona Blue(TM), the coolest ghouls in school. Monster High(TM) Doll Assortment includes fully articulated dolls and accessories. (each doll $16.99) Complete line of toys, apparel and accessories, and the first book of the Monster High series are available for holiday 2010.
- Enter the world of Rapunzel with Disney’s Tangled Rapunzel Fairy-Tale Tower. This extra-high tower lets girls recreate Rapunzel’s most magical movie moments! Comes complete with 30-inch hair extension, Rapunzel’s chameleon friend Pascal and accessories. ($99.99)
- Buzz in the New Year with the Toy Story 3 Buzz Lightyear Deluxe Action Wing Pack! Kids will feel just like their big screen hero with the stylish, wearable wingpack. Push the pack’s center chest button and – ZAP – the wings automatically pop out, wingtips light up and Buzz says his signature phrases. ($49.99)
- Beat winter break boredom with Toy Story 3 Action Links(TM), the ultimate "linkable" movie-themed stunt sets that snap together to create an interactive, adventurous "Toy Story" world! Create chain reactions where characters fly through the air, zip line to safety and defend against evil villains! Playsets include two-inch figures. ($14.99-$39.99)
- Boys can defeat the monsters all year long with the Cars Toons Monster Truck Wrastlin’ Ring. The final showdown in the Cars Toon, "Monster Truck Mater," can be relived again and again with this wrestling ring that features a spinning floor, a "claw" for scooping up your opponents, and a lever for great flipping action. ($39.99)
- Kids can get up, get active and dance through the holidays as their fun-loving pal Mickey Mouse comes to life right before their eyes! The new, innovative Dance Star Mickey walks, talks, and dances his way into kids’ hearts, topping off his skills with an "out of this world" grand finale to one of his signature dances! ($69.99)
- For the first time, Fisher-Price teams up with Thomas & Friends, the world’s most popular preschool property, for a new collection of toys. Straight out of the direct-to-home DVD release Misty Island Rescue, the Trackmaster(TM) Zip, Zoom & Logging Adventure(TM) features a motorized Thomas engine and all-new action includes a thrilling zip line and motorized logging mill! ($59.99)
- Celebrating Dora’s 10th anniversary, the We Did It! Dora doll features a new take on Dora’s signature "We Did It!" song and dance. Kids can dance along as Dora pumps her arms and sways side to side to the beat! ($39.99)
- Kids can make an electrifying entrance on Christmas morning just like their favorite Superstars! The World Wrestling Entertainment(R) Electrovision(TM) Championship Belt combines 450+ frames of animation with real Superstar theme music, to offer kids an innovative new twist on traditional role play. One-time adjustable waistline fits kids of all ages. ($39.99)
FUN FOR THE YOUNG TO THE OLDER:
- Boys will really clean up these holidays with Stinky(TM) The Garbage Truck, new from Matchbox(R). With over 90 phrases and sounds, Stinky(TM) can tell jokes, eat and even sing. ($59.99)
- Punch up holiday parties with Loopz(TM), the memory game that gets you moving! Match the patterns of light and sound by motioning hands through the rings as different patterns emerge. Loopz(TM) has seven different games and can be played solo or "head-to-head" competition. ($29.99)
- Delight holiday guests with a new twist on trivia. Bezzerwizzer(R), the game of tactics and trickery, offers 20 categories of questions, plus stealing and tile-swapping for fast-paced game play. ($29.99)
- Kids will be geared up for lots of fun with The Little People(R) Wheelies(TM) Stand N’ Play(TM) Rampway. Perfectly sized mini-vehicles race along dual, parallel, colorful winding ramps in a ramp-filled town with tons of performance-packed vehicle fun that enables kids to interact with beloved Little People characters like never before. ($39.99)
Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAT) (www.mattel.com) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Barbie(R), the most popular fashion doll ever introduced, Hot Wheels(R), Matchbox(R), American Girl(R), Radica(R) and Tyco(R) R/C, as well as Fisher-Price(R) brands, including Little People(R), Power Wheels(R) and a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2010, Mattel was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine’s "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the third year in a row, and was ranked among Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s "100 Best Corporate Citizens." Mattel also is recognized among the "World’s Most Ethical Companies." With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs approximately 27,000 people in 43 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations.
© 2010 Mattel, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- April 2017 
- March 2017 
- February 2017 
- January 2017 
- December 2016 
- November 2016 
- October 2016 
- September 2016 
- August 2016 
- July 2016 
- June 2016 
- May 2016 
- April 2016 
- March 2016 
- February 2016 
- View complete archive...