GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Nov. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — This holiday season, Meijer will have more of the hottest toys on its wish list.
The Grand Rapids, Mich.-based retailer expanded its Top Toy list this year from 10 to 30 of the hottest, name brand toys and is giving customers an early glimpse. The Top Toys will also be featured within the retailer’s Toy Book.
“We know our customers appreciate getting an early look into the hottest toys on Meijer shelves, and we believe our wide selection will continue to make Meijer a toy destination this holiday season,” said Dan Myers, Division Merchandise Manager of Toys for Meijer. “One of the big toy trends this year is collectibles that children can’t wait to unravel to find the mystery prize inside.”
Also popular are educational toys that encourage learning and active play, he said.
The Top 30 toys include:
Classic Toys and Games:
- Nerf Rival Prometheus MXVIII-20K can fire at a speed of 100 feet per second. The blaster features a trigger lock, tactical rail and shoulder strap.
- Nerf Laser Ops Pro AlphaPoint 2-Pack is the toymaker’s expansion into laser tag. The blaster registers hits with lights and sounds. Battlers can amp up their play via the Nerf Laser Ops app.
- LEGO Creator Pirate Roller Coaster lets kids create the ultimate ride with shark carriages, ticket booth, water drop and decorative pirate-themed props. The creative building set can be rebuilt as The Skull Ride or The Ship Ride.
- Hot Wheels Corkscrew Crash has a unique design that sends cars flying around the track at dizzying speeds and crashing through the triple loop. The track has three high-action crash zones and three high-speed boosters.
- Monopoly Cheaters Edition is a twist on the classic game that encourages players to cheat during the game. But breaking the rules requires drawing “cheat” cards.
- Cool Maker KumiKreator Friendship Bracelet Maker is inspired by the art of Japanese Kumi bracelets. The bracelets are easy to make: just choose a design, load the machine with the colorful spools and spin to create.
- L.O.L. Surprise! Under Wraps are collectible surprise dolls and accessories. Each carrying-case capsule holds a doll wrapped in layers of fun accessories and outfit pieces.
- Hairdorables is a collectible that kids unravel to discover the unique personality, style and talent of one of 36 “Big Hair, Don’t Care!” dolls hidden inside.
- Moj Moj Claw Machine brings the arcade home with lights, music and arcade sounds. It comes with three joysticks and six refillable surprises.
- Pikmi Pops Surprise Pack includes big “lollipops” filled with yummy-smelling mini-plushies, mystery items and secret messages.
- Treasure X lets kids dig through 10 levels of packages that holds buried treasures. To help with the fun search, the toy comes with a map, coin and digging tool.
- Ready2Robot has five secret chambers with more than 10 layers of mystery to unbox. Kids collect the pieces to build mini robots.
- Hatchimals Hatchibabies are interactive, magical creatures that hatch themselves from inside an egg through the child’s communication and nurturing. The child raises the toy through the baby, toddler and kid stages.
- Air Hogs Supernova is a gravity-defying orb that can be launched, pushed and spun without a remote control or touch.
- FurReal Friends: Star Wars Ultimate Co-Pilot Chewie speaks with 100 different sound and motion combinations. The 16-inch-tall Wookie laughs when tickled and curls up for a nap when laid down.
- FurReal Friends: Ricky, the Trick-Lovin’ Pup is a talented pup who loves to perform cool tricks. He flips a bone into his mouth, shakes “paws,” and can even bark a tune.
- Baby Alive Real As Can Be Baby is a doll that responds to a child’s voice and touch with 80 lifelike movements, expressions and real baby sounds.
- Fingerlings Baby Unicorn is a magical, interactive pet that responds to noise, motion and touch with blinking eyes, head turns, and a variety of cute noises.
- Nintendo Switch is a new home video game system that transitions to handheld mode so players can enjoy a full home console experience anytime, anywhere.
- PlayStation 4 1TB Console is an all-new, lighter and slimmer system that can freeze gameplay and take photos to share with friends from the PS4 system.
- PAW Patrol Ultimate Fire Truck is the ultimate rescue vehicle, equipped with an extendable ladder, flashing lights and sounds. Fire pup Marshall sits in the lookout cab but can hop into a mini fire cart and roll into the action.
- PJ Masks Super Moon Adventure HQ Rocket lets kids recreate PJ Masks adventures. The rocket features a special design inspired by the show, as well as exciting lights and sounds, and a PJ Masks Gekko figure.
- Imaginext Jurassic World Jurassic Rex is a two-and-a-half-foot dinosaur with color-changing eyes and a mouth that can chomp. It comes with a three-level base, projectile launcher, vehicle and Owen figure.
- Fisher-Price Think & Learn Rocktopus helps preschoolers learn about music and math through interactive games and creative free-play. Kids can compose their own songs while learning about different instruments.
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Hot Diggity Dance & Play Mickey is a plush that features sweet dance moves to favorite tunes, such as “Hot Dog Song,” “What’s that Sound?” and “Freeze Dance!”
- Minnie Sing & Spin Scooter is inspired by the hit Disney Junior series “Minnie’s Happy Helpers.” This Minnie plush scoots, twists, pops wheelies and does 360-degree spins.
- Sesame Street Feed Me Cookie Monster lets kids feed him pretend cookies. When the furry blue monster’s tummy is pressed, he says silly phrases and sings.
- Voyager Hoverboard Air Wheel is an electric self-balancing board that travels 5 miles on a single charge and has a top speed of more than 6 mph. The board carries the highest safety rating in the industry.
- Hover-1 Titan Electric Scooter has a cruising speed of more than 7 mph and built-in Bluetooth speakers so a rider can listen to a playlist.
- Razor E100 Electric Scooter Sleek has an adjustable handlebar for riders of all sizes and cruises at speeds of up to 10 mph.
Meijer is a Grand Rapids, Mich.-based retailer that operates more than 240 supercenters and grocery stores throughout Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Wisconsin. A privately-owned and family-operated company since 1934, Meijer pioneered the “one-stop shopping” concept and has evolved through the years to include expanded fresh produce and meat departments, as well as pharmacies, comprehensive apparel departments, pet departments, garden centers, toys and electronics. For additional information on Meijer, please visit www.meijer.com. Follow Meijer on Twitter @twitter.com/Meijer and @twitter.com/MeijerPR or become a fan at www.facebook.com/meijer.
No Comments »
Leave a Comment
- April 2019 
- March 2019 
- February 2019 
- January 2019 
- December 2018 
- November 2018 
- October 2018 
- September 2018 
- August 2018 
- July 2018 
- June 2018 
- May 2018 
- April 2018 
- March 2018 
- February 2018 
- View complete archive...