This morning New York Comic Con sent out a lengthy update as well as posting it to their social media about the new fan registration requirements for attending the convention in 2016.
See the details below and learn more at the official website:
Dear NYCC Fans,
Each year when we take over the Javits Center in October, we have one priority in mind: you, the NYCC Fans. We don’t run NYCC year after year because we love hanging out by the Hudson or we need to reach our step goal in October, we do this because we want to provide the experience of a lifetime to everyone who attends NYCC each year.
With that in mind, we want the Ticket buying experience to be as smooth and fair as possible. And while supply and demand still means that some Fans who want to attend New York Comic Con might not get Tickets or might not get the Ticket type that they want, it’s our mission to eliminate (let’s be honest – the goal is to completely annihilate) the amount of scalpers and resellers who end up with Tickets. So this year NYCC will be changing the way Tickets are sold and requiring Fan Verification.
What does Fan Verification mean? It means we are requiring anyone interested in attending NYCC to fill out a profile between May 20 and June 13. We recognize that this is an extra step before buying your Tickets and requires more commitment from you, but we also know that as true Fans of the Show, you won’t mind making it tough for the supervillains out there. It means you guys have to do a bit more work to get your Ticket, but it will help make sure NYCC Tickets get into the hands of Fans. We truly thank you for your maximum effort (as our favorite merc with the mouth would say).
This is being done with you in mind and the hope that more of you will get the opportunity to experience NYCC. Below you will find full details of the changes that are being made to the NYCC Ticketing process along with other important NYCC Show news.
- Fan Verification is required for every individual who would like to attend NYCC 2016. Read more
- All NYCC Ticket types will go on sale at the same time. Read more
- NYCC will no longer be selling VIP Tickets. Read more
- NYCC 2016 Tickets will only be sold online through the NYCC Ticket website. Tickets will not be on sale at retailers or any events leading up to NYCC 2016. Read more
- All Verified Fans will be notified via email 48 hours prior to NYCC Tickets going on sale. This email will include a unique link where you will be able to purchase Tickets (first-come, first-served) when they go on sale. Read more
- NYCC Tickets will still be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Fan Verification does not guarantee NYCC Tickets or the type of Ticket you want. Read more
- Take your time and fill out your Fan Verification profile completely. Don’t rush through it. When you fill out your profile has no effect on when you can purchase NYCC Tickets. Read more
- Each NYCC Ticket must be individually assigned to someone who created a Fan Verification profile. You can buy more than one Ticket, but there is a limit of one Ticket per person per day. If your friend or family member did not fill out a Fan Verification profile, you will not be able to purchase their Ticket. Read more
- We will be rolling New York Super Week into our new series NYCC Presents, continuing our tradition of expanding New York Comic Con content into the City. Read more
Whew! We know that’s a lot to take in, but we hope this clarifies the new NYCC Ticket buying process and updates surrounding the Show. Our goal is that Fan Verification will smash scalpers and resellers (Hulk style) while providing you with the smoothest Ticket buying experience possible. We truly want to make this year better than the last and we are confident that these new changes are steps in the right direction.
Thank you for your commitment and passion for the Show and willingness to take these extra steps to help us get more Tickets into your hands. We’re looking forward to giving you even more amazing content to experience with us and can’t wait to reveal more of what we’ve been working on for you. NYCC 2016 is going to be our best Show yet and it’s all going to start with Fan Verification improving the Ticket buying process for you.
We hope to see you in October so we can reach our step goals together (kidding… sort of). If you have any questions please reach out to our team via email.
No Comments »
Leave a Comment
- October 2018 
- September 2018 
- August 2018 
- July 2018 
- June 2018 
- May 2018 
- April 2018 
- March 2018 
- February 2018 
- January 2018 
- December 2017 
- November 2017 
- October 2017 
- September 2017 
- August 2017 
- View complete archive...