Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments, itty bittys® and gifts among items planned at three events
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (June 19, 2018) — PopMinded by Hallmark will continue its participation in the nation’s largest pop culture fan gatherings later this year with limited quantities of products and collectibles inspired by iconic characters and developed for exclusive availability at three events.
PopMinded, which debuted in 2016, is Hallmark’s way to celebrate fandom with gifts and collectibles created and curated with all fans in mind. PopMinded continues and expands on Hallmark’s decade-long tradition of providing event attendees access to Hallmark’s ever popular event exclusive products available only through convention pop-up stores.
Hallmark Keepsake Ornament designs, itty bittys® plush characters, and other gift items will be sold in limited quantities at the three events remaining on their 2018 convention calendar:
- Comic-Con International San Diego, to be held July 19-22 in San Diego, California
- The Official 2018 Star Trek Convention, scheduled Aug. 1-5 at the Rio Suites Hotel in Las Vegas. (Star Trek exclusives only)
- New York Comic Con, set for Oct. 4-7 at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City.
Limited Availability items include:
- Lando Calrissian™ and Lobot™ , a Keepsake Ornament two-pack of characters featured in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. The charming rogue and his cybernetically enhanced aide are featured in original sculpts with a total production run of 2,975.
- A Boba Fett™ itty bittys plush in blister-card packaging adds a character to PopMinded’s salute to original Star Wars action figures and packaging. This has a total production run of 2,500.
- A golden variation of the Resistance hero droid BB-8™ serves as a perpetual calendar that features an additional set of date cubes in aurebesh, the famed language used throughout the Star Wars galaxy. The calendar has a total production run of 1,200.
- A Marvel Avengers three-pack of PXL8® ornaments inspired by Captain America, Iron Man and Thanos. The set has a total production run of 1,500.
- A Dr. Strange PXL8® stylized ornament will be sold separately. This has a total production run of 1,500.
The Avengers set will be sold at the PopMinded Booth at Comic-Con International San Diego and New York Comic Con, while Dr. Strange will be available at the Marvel booth in San Diego and New York, as well as the ReedPOP supply company in the main concourse of New York Comic Con.
- Lieutenant Arex™ and Lieutenant M’Ress™ is a Keepsake Ornament two-pack of characters featured in Star Trek: The Animated Series. In celebration of the Saturday-morning television show’s 45th anniversary, the two alien Starfleet officers created for the series are featured in original sculpts with a total production run of 2,800.
- A Gorn™ itty bittys plush becomes the first Star Trek alien adversary in that collection. This has a total production run of 2,500.
Additional pop culture content:
- The Iron Giant™, an all-metal Keepsake Ornament of the beloved animated character as he appears in this year’s science-fiction feature film Ready Player One has a total production run of 2,075.
An expanded line of PXL8® style collectible enamel pins featuring 8-bit renditions of favorite characters will debut at PopMinded events in 2018. The pins, available while supplies last, will include three different two-packs of PXL8 pins featuring fan-favorite couples:
- Ant-Man and the Wasp of Marvel Comics
- Aquaman and Mera of DC
- Leia in Boushh disguise and Han Solo in Carbonite from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
These pins, first made available at Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle, Wash., will be sold at Comic-Con International San Diego and New York Comic Con.
In addition to the sets, PopMinded will offer the following Convention Exclusive PXL8® style collectible enamel pins:
- Black Panther of Marvel Comics, which was exclusive to Emerald City Comic Con.
- Thanos of Marvel Comics, exclusive to Comic-Con International San Diego.
- Quark, the Ferengi bar owner of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, exclusive to the Official 2018 Star Trek Convention.
- Deadpool of Marvel Comics, exclusive to New York Comic Con.
A limited number of 2018 exclusive Keepsake Ornaments will be available for sale later this year to members of the Keepsake Ornament Club. Information for joining the club can be found online at Hallmark.com/KOC
At the end of the 2018 convention season in October, any remaining stock of the year’s exclusives may be made available for sale online. Check for details at PopMinded.com
Additional details about prices and daily allocations for each exclusive product as well as activity plans for each event will be announced closer to the respective convention dates. Look for additional non-exclusive Hallmark pop-culture products including greeting cards to be available at each event.
For more information about PopMinded by Hallmark and the products offered, visit PopMinded.com
AQUAMAN and all related characters and elements © & ™ DC Comics and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s18)
TM & © 2018 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
© 2018 MARVEL
STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
THE IRON GIANT, READY PLAYER ONE and all related characters and elements © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s18)
Comic-Con is a registered trademark of San Diego Comic Convention.
For more than 100 years, privately-held Hallmark has been dedicated to creating a more emotionally-connected world. In the U.S., products offered by Hallmark Greetings, Hallmark Retail and Hallmark Home & Gifts can be found in more than 40,000 retail accounts including mass retailers, Hallmark Gold Crown® stores and online. Hallmark’s family of companies also includes Crayola®, maker of creative art tools and toys, Crown Center, a mixed-use entertainment, office and residential district in Kansas City, Hallmark International which offers products in more than 30 languages available in 100 countries and Crown Media Holdings, Inc., which owns and operates cable television’s Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, Hallmark employs more than 27,000 people worldwide. For more information, visit www.Hallmark.com. Connect on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
PopMinded by Hallmark is the company’s pop-culture collection of products and experiences.
No Comments »
Leave a Comment
- February 2019 
- January 2019 
- December 2018 
- November 2018 
- October 2018 
- September 2018 
- August 2018 
- July 2018 
- June 2018 
- May 2018 
- April 2018 
- March 2018 
- February 2018 
- January 2018 
- December 2017 
- View complete archive...