Masked Avenger’s "Toy Diet" blog from last week got me thinking about life. That made me realize that I haven’t made a blog post in over a year. I will attempt to rectify that now.
I had just gotten my blog account underway in August of last year when real life kicked me in the face. Here’s a laundry list of things that affected me between then and now:
– Grandmother given 6 months to live, but lived past that and passed away in July 2010
– I had a nasty respiratory infection last summer
– Wife got same nasty respiratory infection
– Mother diagnosed with breast cancer
– Father got sued over an accident from 7 years ago
– Really good friend died suddenly in September 2009; he was only 34
– Mother got laid off in January
– Brother had major money problems
– Great-uncle diagnosed with lung cancer, and passed away in May 2010
Those were the bad things. Because of all that…crap…my toy collecting and photography took a backseat. That meant a reduced presence on the web, and of course, this blog here. I felt bad about it, and wanted so many times to get going again, but it was hard to start.
However, since my grandmother passed away in July, things have been seemingly on the upswing:
– I got a promotion
– Wife got a promotion
– We are expecting a baby in May
So is this end of my woes? Probably not, but I can only hope they won’t get worse.
With the baby coming, I need to find some way to prune my collection, and reduce my collecting habits. It’ll be tough, but I think I can manage it. I did quit Star Wars 3 3/4" cold turkey back in 2007, so I know I can do it.
I feel better now.
12 Comments »
Leave a Comment
- December 2016 
- November 2016 
- October 2016 
- September 2016 
- August 2016 
- July 2016 
- June 2016 
- May 2016 
- April 2016 
- March 2016 
- February 2016 
- January 2016 
- December 2015 
- November 2015 
- October 2015 
- View complete archive...