The big news is here! Yesterday, in the heart of New York City, best-selling beloved kids property Skylanders took over Times Square for a dual celebration in anticipation of the upcoming American International Toy Fair. From an exclusive reveal event at NASDAQ for the franchise’s newest innovation – Skylanders SWAP Force- to a fun-filled party for eager Skylanders Giants fans at the renowned flagship Toys “R’ Us store, Skylanders was the most talked about attraction today in the city!
Just days before its big debut at Toy Fair, Activision Publishing, Inc. CEO Eric Hirshberg officially revealed details for the next big thing in the toys to life kids gaming category with the announcement of Skylanders SWAP Force. At NASDAQ, Eric showed a sneak peek of SWAP Force gameplay and unveiled the brand new, groundbreaking “swappable” characters to a roar of excitement. CEO of Toys ‘r’ Us Jerry Storch joined Eric on stage and had his own fun swapping the characters bodies and heads to make his own versions of Skylanders!
Simultaneously, around the corner, lines of families began forming at 5am along Broadway Avenue in front of the Times Square Toys “R” Us to be among the first in the world to receive a free Skylanders Giants character, Ninjini, before it hits shelves this Spring. Over 500 families braved the snow and cold to get their hands on the not-yet-released character and also enjoyed other fun activities like life sized interactive characters, game kiosks and a fun Skylanders themed photo booth.
Skylanders is “mixing it up” with the newest game in the award-winning, top-selling franchise. Skylanders SWAP Force builds upon the success of the franchise’s signature gameplay and collectible toy experience and adds a dimension to the “toys to life” innovation. The game introduces an all-new play pattern — dynamic swapability — that lets gamers reconfigure 16 SWAP Force inter-action figures into more than 250 unique characters by swapping the top and bottom halves of the toys. Now, Portal Masters can mix and match characters’ powers and moves and experience an unprecedented level choice than ever before seen in a Skylanders game. Fans also can play Skylanders SWAP Force with their entire collection of characters from Skylanders Spyro’s AdventureTM and Skylanders GiantsTM.
Skylanders SWAP Force features new abilities – such as flying, climbing, digging, bouncing, or teleporting – which can be used in previously unexplored areas of Skylands centered on these play mechanics. Additionally, the game features 16 new standard figures, eight new LightCore™ characters and 16 new versions of fan favorite Skylanders from previous games. Now kids will have more than 100 characters from which to choose. The game’s high-resolution graphics brings detailed characters and richer environments to life, immersing players in the game like never before.
In Skylanders SWAP Force, Portal Masters embark on an all new adventure in the mysterious Cloudbreak Islands, home to a mystical volcano that erupts every hundred years to replenish the magic in Skylands. During an epic battle, a brave group of Skylanders were caught in the volcano’s eruption, which blasted them apart and sent them to earth. But, the magic of the volcano gave these heroes a remarkable new power — the ability to swap halves – turning them into a special team known as the SWAP Force. Meanwhile, Kaos is back with a new evil plan. And now, Portal Masters everywhere must reassemble the SWAP Force — in their original form or in new combinations — and send them back to Cloudbreak to save Skylands!
- Vast Possibilities for Play – Skylanders SWAP Force features 16 new inter-action figures with new powers and a fresh play pattern – dynamic swapability – that lets kids create more than 250 unique character combinations, giving them more choice than ever before over how they fight and move in the game. With each new addition to their Skylanders SWAP Force collection, Portal Masters unlock an exciting world of possibilities.
- More Play Options – For the first time, Portal Masters can experience new dimensions of gameplay including the addition of jumping. And, seasoned fans can play Skylanders SWAP Force with their entire collection of characters from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure and Skylanders Giants. Skylanders SWAP Force delivers a diverse and dynamic, story-driven gameplay experience, filled with adventure, combat, puzzles, mini games, and drop-in/drop-out co-op – all set within compelling environments.
- All New Characters – More than 50 collectible characters including:
- 16 new SWAP Force characters
- 16 new Core Skylanders characters
- 8 LightCore™ Skylanders characters
- 16 new versions of fan-favorite Skylanders from the previous games, each featuring an all new “Wow Pow” upgrade power
- Exciting Adventure – Portal Masters will embark on a brand new adventure, encountering never-before-seen enemies and challenges, as well as meeting memorable non-playable characters who can help the Skylanders defeat Kaos and his minions in the Cloudbreak Islands.
- Unique Swap Force Zones – Skylanders SWAP Force characters feature traversal abilities – such as flying, climbing, digging, bouncing, or teleporting – each of which can be explored in new areas of Skylands that are centered on these new play mechanics.
- Enhanced Graphics Quality – Swap Force’s high-resolution graphics bring to life amazingly detailed characters and richer environments to deliver a high level of visual fidelity that immerses players in the game like never before.
- April 2015 
- March 2015 
- February 2015 
- January 2015 
- December 2014 
- November 2014 
- October 2014 
- September 2014 
- August 2014 
- July 2014 
- June 2014 
- May 2014 
- April 2014 
- March 2014 
- February 2014 
- View complete archive...