Buried deep in the depths of the Hasbro show room was a secret room where they had everything having to do with the upcoming Transformers movie from Michael Bay and Steven Speilberg. And in a corner of that room was a large flat screen running the trailer for the upcoming ACTIVISION game based on the movie... and it looked sweet! Lot's of robots, lots of vehicles and lots of explosions... just what you want in a Transformers game. In the trailer there is a great shot of Bumblebee in his robot form being backhanded by a Decepticon. He flies backwards and transforms in mid air, lands on a bridge and speeds away. Sweeeeeeeet. Let's take a quick look at what else will be in the game:
FACT SHEET FOR ALL VERSIONS (Gameplay information based on console and PC versions)
Based on TRANSFORMERS, DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures’ upcoming live-action feature film due out July 4th, and produced in association with Hasbro, TRANSFORMERS: The Game lets gamers control the outcome in the battle for Earth as they choose to protect it as AUTOBOTS or destroy it as DECEPTICONS. Players will also experience the unstoppable power and massive scale of their favorite ROBOTS IN DISGUISE such as BUMBLEBEE, BARRICADE and others.
· Protect Or Destroy The Earth – As the TRANSFORMERS robot’s war comes to Earth, gamers make the choice to join the AUTOBOTS in protecting our planet or to join the DECEPTICONS in destroying it. With dual campaigns, the fate of the world is
in players’ hands.
· MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE – Instantly change from a larger than life robot to a high-powered vehicle such as a sports car, fighter jet or helicopter. Seamless transformations leave enemies in the dust or enhance players’ combat strategy with a range of options in both vehicle and robot modes that take full advantage of the characters’ dual forms.
· The World Is Your Playground – Players crush, topple and wreck every object, including buildings and
vehicles, in their path or use the objects as weapons. It is up to the gamer to decide how best to
use their surrounding environment.
· Freedom of Choice – An unprecedented line-up lets gamers experience the massive scale, unique abilities and sheer strength of an army of characters from the TRANSFORMERS universe when they choose to play as OPTIMUS PRIME, MEGATRON, IRONHIDE, STARSCREAM, BUMBLEBEE and more.
· Variety of Combat – For head-to-head battles, fans engage in melee combat that reflects each TRANSFORMERS robot’s character, scale, weight and power along with melee weapons and special moves unique to each character. The game’s ranged combat offers a wide array of projective weapons designed to take out enemies from afar.
· PlayStation® Portable Features – The PSP version features 20 playable AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS, from both the live-action film and previous generations, that battle through an enhanced version of the film’s storyline. Players can customize their character by
choosing more than 10 different weapon types in both single and adhoc multiplayer gameplay
Publisher: Activision, Inc.
Release Date: 2007
Developer: Traveller’s Tales (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, PC)
Release Date: Summer 2007
ESRB Rating: “RP” (Rating Pending)